Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Congrats On the Upcoming 2-Handed Change

• Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    Kalgert wrote: »
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Now if only stamina 2h wasn't nerfed so that it can compete with dw on pve.

I'm still likely going to be running around using a two-hander preferably.

Honestly, I find myself doing more damage to things with a two-hander as opposed to Dual-Wielding. And yet Two-Handers are still unacceptable in PvE. Why?

Because community of elitists said so, as 2H pulls a tiny tiny weeny beany less DPS. It's not a game flaw, it's a flaw in the player community being big headed.

giphy.gif

shots fired...LOL.
    ****Master Healer...****
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol what i can see why 2h is good next patch. But there is no way 2h can compete against dw on this patch, 552 is huge and dw has 1 DOT.
  • Geru77
    Geru77
    ✭✭

Honestly, I find myself doing more damage to things with a two-hander as opposed to Dual-Wielding. And yet Two-Handers are still unacceptable in PvE. Why?

Because Alacast said it wasn't bis.
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Because community of elitists said so, as 2H pulls a tiny tiny weeny beany less DPS. It's not a game flaw, it's a flaw in the player community being big headed.

That tiny weeny beeny less, is more in the line of 5 to 10 k dps, maybe even more with a good group if you do your rotation correctly, yea, muh elitism.

You can use it, it won't be optimal though, don't see any elitism in it for pointing out the truth.

And in any case, you yourself admitted that it does indeed more damage, and so, people that wanna do the best they can, will always use the better option, not the worst, call it elitism, i just think it's logical to wanna do your best in something that you enjoy.
    Edited by JinMori on May 1, 2018 5:51PM
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    Conduit0 wrote: »
    Dual Wield puts out higher sustained DPS, this is an absolute fact, its not something someone just decided and everyone sheepled along with, it was determined by exhaustive theorycrafting and testing by a large number of players.

You mean elitists who treat games as their meaning of life.

Great ad hominem argument there dude.

Didn't even bother tackling the actual argument, which was is two hander viable/dw does more damage in pve, which is true, no, just use shaming tactics, way easier then to actually use my brain to make an actual argument.

If you want the answer it is viable, just not as good, up to you to decide, know that these "elitist" can't really force you to run anything, you decide that, so why even bother, just do what you want, natural consequences of your decision will arise, in this case it will be, you do less damage.
    Edited by JinMori on May 1, 2018 5:46PM
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This whole tread here is basically, muh elitism, listen, it's not an argument, can you disprove that dw does more damage? Yes or no, anything else is worthless, muh elitism is worthless to the discussion, they are just neckbeards is worthless, the only thing that matters is the data, it's the truth, that's the only thing that matters.

Also, shaming someone for analyzing data in a game/hobby they enjoy, says much more about you then it does about the other.
  • gnarlyvandal
    gnarlyvandal
    ✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    CompM4s wrote: »
    Because many believe that the all mighty practice dummy is the end all test to complete content.

This one gets is! It irks me beyond belief when people talk about their DPS dummy parses. Dead easy to DPS a non-moving, non-attacking, non-healing DUMMY. I would like to see them achieve those numbers in PvP when you are in a 50 v 50 fights or on a Trial boss that one shots you.

There is no such thing as DPS in PvP. It's all about that burst. You've ever seen someone testing PvP builds on a dummy?

Only stupid people assume that dummy parses are representative of the players perfomance in an actual dungeon/trial. But if you can't pull 30k on a "non-moving, non-attacking, non-healing DUMMY" you are not pulling that in an actual fight. Simple. No matter how good you are at avoiding that one shot. You. Are. Not. Pulling. That. DPS.

Personally, I tend to output more dps in groups and trials due to the buffs. Easily over 30k, but because I get 22k on solo dummy parses and below cp500 I get excluded from a lot of content..

That sounds elitist to me
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn there are some people so set in 'play how they want', they blind themselves to the actual facts of the game.

Currently, DW >> 2H in dps, no if or buts, its simple as that, the current game mechanics dictate that.
    DW allows you to run a full monster set with 2 active 5 piece sets on front bar, allows 2 weapon glyphs, allows nirn and infused trait combos, allows a single target dot, instant cast skills as opposed to slow 2h cast times

If you are pulling more DPS with 2H compared to DW on a dummy, you obviously have a funky build.

Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And now I dont have to grind out VO or TFS daggers :) just use the good ol’ nirnhined TFS greatsword. Win!