The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Suggestion that's too long to fit in the title

jokeaccount
jokeaccount
✭✭✭
persuade and intimidate should be made part of the thieves guild and dark brotherhood skill trees in addition to the fighters and mages guild skill trees, so evil characters like mine don't have to join the fighters/mages' guild and do a bunch of quests for a faction we don't care about just to get special dialogue options. maybe persuade could be thieves guild ('cause they're smooth criminals) and intimidate could be DB ('cause they do the stabby stabby thing)? just a thought.
  • Mannox
    Mannox
    ✭✭✭
    Thematically I agree but these passives are so useless I don't even spend skill points on them with my alts. Plus, Intimidate and Persuade have been around since the game launched. To put them behind a paywall now would be a *** move. The timing would also be horrid since paywalls are becoming a thing with ZOS.
  • Sekero
    Sekero
    ✭✭✭
    I regularly use both intimidation and persuade but I refuse to join either TG or DB. If they changed access to those passives, they would most likely transfer them rather than share them, since passives tend to be class/guild unique. I would be unhappy with that.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its like the first passive that gets unlocked. Its not that hard to get, even just killing daedra and finding books.
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All you have to do to unlock the passive now is join the guilds and spend a couple of skill points. You don't have to do any quests for those guilds. You can even max out those skill lines without ever doing a single quest(after joining).

By not doing those quests, you do however give up a few skill points. The other rewards are not that spectacular.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those two skills just require you to join the guilds. However it opens you to NPC who chases you down in each larger city to give a quest. Of course you can accept the quests, but then your map will usually tell you to go talk to Sees All Colors at the end of each quest stage. Same with the other Guilds to an extent.

So, I think Persuasion and Intimidate should be part of the World skill line. This way we can pick what guilds we want to be a part of and have the options. So you have to do some/all of the main quest, but there is always a price, right? Maybe they unlock early on.

Or, better yet, since this all RP anyway, is to add a Social Skill line that affects only dialog. Maybe tie the leveling of the line to the existing exploration achievements (Fire Starter, Maiq, Truces etc.
    • Can't talk your way out of fighting a boss, well, maybe sometimes you could.
    • Or you could enrage them and make the fight harder.
    • Or a skill that casts a spell to make a quest NPC agreeable
    • Or make a guard forget about us for a moment while we slip away. Maybe a distract skill.

It would be a job to add this back to existing dialog, but new stuff could have it.

Edited by Nestor on April 27, 2018 12:17AM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like to see some NPcs fight back or call for back up or for guards to get involved. Not every time. Some times
    It is too boring as it is now.
  • jokeaccount
    jokeaccount
    ✭✭✭
    Allanm wrote: »
    I regularly use both intimidation and persuade but I refuse to join either TG or DB. If they changed access to those passives, they would most likely transfer them rather than share them, since passives tend to be class/guild unique. I would be unhappy with that.

I don't think even zos would be stupid enough to lock them behind a paywall entirely. i'm suggesting they remain part of FG/MG and also become part of TG/DB, not just one or the other.

Its like the first passive that gets unlocked. Its not that hard to get, even just killing daedra and finding books.

Huh, I was under the impression it was further along in the skill tree. still, though - maybe for people who like to roleplay a bit, joining a guild with a goody two shoes feel to it on an evil character might be kinda weird.
    Edited by jokeaccount on April 27, 2018 11:38AM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually it should’ve always been racial
    And the guilds should’ve had 1 more active spell each for dps/healing
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on April 27, 2018 11:44AM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    persuade and intimidate should be made part of the thieves guild and dark brotherhood skill trees in addition to the fighters and mages guild skill trees, so evil characters like mine don't have to join the fighters/mages' guild and do a bunch of quests for a faction we don't care about just to get special dialogue options. maybe persuade could be thieves guild ('cause they're smooth criminals) and intimidate could be DB ('cause they do the stabby stabby thing)? just a thought.
    This suggestion is moving the skills to two other factions, and I won't do DB because ZoS turned this into a joke faction and disregards everything the DB stands for. I refuse to join them.

The best solution is to create a new skill tree and put them there, along with other skills everyone can use (such as the soul passives).

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't have to do a single quest to obtain either (apart from the initial one that gives you the skill line.)

FG : Kill daedra and/or close anchors. Unless you're a non-combatant, you can't help but max this line.

MG: Find Lorebooks.

Come to think of it, both of these perks are available at Level 1 in each Guild.

You literally simply have to talk to the initial questgiver. That's it.

(I could see Bribe for TG or threaten for DB as options, but they would be somewhat redundant. Would be different if there was truly fame/infamy and genuine character reactions based on your character choices.)
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS