The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do you steal gear from writs storage area by mistake?

• Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Occasionally from those containers, but quite often from in front of guild traders, since there is no confirm on random items placed around.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes and it's bloody annoying, especially when its laggy D:

giphy.gif
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Amadis001
    Amadis001
    ✭✭✭✭
    All the time. Drives me nuts. It usually means that I'm done with that toon for the day, since if I leave the writ turn-in area, I'm going to get nabbed by a guard, and I refuse to pay 92 gold over some stupid sword that I didn't want in the first place.
    // Amadis of Gaul -- DK Nord (Lvl 50 CP 1000)
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Occasionally, yes. I know that the game encourage players to steal, but we need an option to prevent this.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only done it in Riften. Once it was a green staff. With the quickly forgotten and kickback passives, I actually made gold off the transaction by the time I walked around the lower level and climbed to the Outlaw's Refuge. When it was a white staff I just logged out and went on to the next character.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every so often. Vivec City during the anniversary was a bit annoying. Between rushing to do many alts of writs, and the massive crowds around the turn-in (all those pesky bears and winged twilights!), I was lucky I only did it once. Of course, they have a guard posted right there.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a mistake when I do it. o:)
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sometimes, but by that point i'm usually about to log off/log on to another character, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do, but, at least at the Davon's Watch location, when I do steal accidentally there, it's frequently not noticed....

• Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ive done it a couple of times but not by looting containers. Its that damn weapon STOOD UP AGAINST A WRIT BOX in Elden Root. Who's bright idea was it to do that?" Oh guys lets make this look real and stand this weapon up against one of the writ boxes, but make it so it flags stolen. Its not like a few hundred people a day arent going to be clicking on the box RIGHT BEHIND IT or anything"
    Edited by Anotherone773 on April 28, 2018 2:53AM
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only been doing writs in Riften for a few months, but I bet I've stolen that Inferno Staff 100 times.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche