The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

moved

• adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    If they do it the same was as TES Legends then you only get good stuff if you log in X number of times/month. Would the offer of some items push you to log in more often than you normally would?

Possibly, but it would annoy me a lot more. The current free crates for ESO+ subscribers is already doing that a little, and it's only 6 days.

There are times when I don't feel like gaming, when I want to play other games, or perhaps even can't get into ESO because of stuff happening in RL. A little reward for playing is one thing, but I don't want to feel like I am being punished relative to others who obsessively log in daily.
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Geekgirl wrote: »
    It’s a gift.
    I’m grateful for whatever I might receive.
    It’s something that I didn’t have five minutes ago that someone gave me for potentially doing something that I was probably going to do anyway.

Why are we worrying about the quality of a free thing?

Beats me. I'm pretty much impervious to attempts to get me to do things I'm not up for, so the theory of "let's get 'em logged in" doesn't work on me. So, it's a freebie for doing what I was already going to do. Can't beat that.
    That depends how it's done. If they do it the same was as TES Legends then you only get good stuff if you log in X number of times/month. Would the offer of some items push you to log in more often than you normally would?

Nope. I'm stubborn like that. If I want to game, I'll log in (and I pretty much do daily as it is, at least most of the year). If not, then I won't. "Stuff" is all fine and well but I'm not the sort that worries over much about "stuff". The way I play I really don't need über things and the stuff on offer in the Crown Store (as an example of what I imagine they'd hand out) has about a 40% success rate for me these days.

Marketing types hate me. :)

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting idea, but I'll decline.

My craft bag is filled with enough material that adding to it seems redundant.

• Anastian
    Anastian
    ✭✭✭
    Would be nice if the reward was tied to Dailies, as Turelus said.

I personally don't like the idea because if feels like a F2P game, and don't get started about the whole "you are complaining about free stuff" chit-chat. The thing is that it turns an RPG way closer to an MMO-F2P game, taking away a tiny bit of immersion. If however you'd have to do at least one daily to get this reward, I believe the system would be more interesting.

Just as I sometimes dislike the popup from the Crown Store (which feels like an advertisement), I will probably be bothered by the daily reward if it's such a popup. Perhaps sending it via ingame mail like your Assistant daily catch or the weekly rewards from trials would be the best way to implement this system.

One last thing: I'd never award set items through this system. Those are meant to be earned / obtained. Perhaps rare materials and currencies, just like ZoS already said, are better rewards.
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about for every day you log in you receive 1% off the crown store for the first item you purchase.

Once you purchase something the ticker begins anew.

So if you go 100 days without purchasing anything you get 100% off that first purchase.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nah
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Guarlet
    Guarlet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. I prefer an organised, predictable system with a buildup towards good items the more days you log in, like the login rewards Guild Wars 2 has.

This idea would no doubt make people login everyday and go "aww, no [amazing item] again? I never get one! This *** is rigged!"
    Edited by Guarlet on April 26, 2018 11:47AM
    AKA The Goblinator, PC/EU
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am baffled at the people saying "no" to free stuff. Like ... WHY??????
  • teiselaise
    teiselaise
    ✭✭✭
    We already got tons of dailies with tons of rare rewards, I'd rather have dailies removed than getting more, they're a stupid concept only designed to keep players coming back to the hamster wheel. They belong in free to play mobile hentai games together with energy, booster packs and gems.
    Argonian masterrace
  • Guarlet
    Guarlet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »

That's a false argument, you're still getting free stuff with organized login rewards. :p

I just don't think there's a need for another lottery in the game. I prefer knowing you'll get a good item after every 30 days or w/e. Just logging in doesn't need to be a crapshoot.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

it's not the free stuff...

it's the idea of having to log in i think.
  • Guarlet
    Guarlet
    ✭✭✭✭✭

.......Literally no one has said that.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guarlet wrote: »

maybe i'm reading between the lines?
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If what's on PTS rolls out as it's listed, even with the tiny gold rewards for some days, it's insanely good. 4 crates after 10 logins is insane for freebies. Riding lessons and research scrolls rolled in there as well and not as singles. I'll take that over RNG any day.
  • Guarlet
    Guarlet
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or maybe you're just making up ***. :p There hasn't even been an implication of not wanting to log in from what I've seen in this thread.
    Edited by Guarlet on April 26, 2018 12:15PM
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, this game doesn't need more RNG.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think what this shows is that the game itself isn't compelling enough to get people to log in every day. But honestly, no one SHOULD be logging into a GAME every day of their lives. Go outside people! LOL But research has shown that a majority of people WILL feel a literal compulsion to log in. Like pigeons turning in a circle to get a food pellet. It's more old psychological tricks to shape human behavior to conform to what you want. Advertisers have been using it for decades and it has been applied to gaming in the last decade in a pretty extreme fashion. You have companies like Game Psyche that exist pretty much solely to "advise" gaming companies on how best to manipulate players to spend more money above and beyond the purchase price of a game. This is just one more of those techniques. It's a disturbing trend when looked at without blinders or good old ignorance.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rather than daily reward, just do a monthly tiered reward system.

Logged in 1-7 days
    Logged in 8-14 days
    Logged in 15-21 days
    Logged in 21-27 days
    Logged in 28+ days

Have each tier give a bulk reward to the player at the end of the month that could consist of some combination of gear, mats, consumables, crates, non-RNG collectibles. Make the 28+ tier significantly better than the other tiers as a boon for players who logged in almost every day of the month (or in the case of February, every day.)
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Do you want randomized daily login rewards with a small chance of getting a really good item? Bookmark"

Have you heard about hirelings? They are pretty neat!
    The Moot Councillor
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I am not a fan of system which rant rewards just for logging in.
    They're designed to make people feel compelled to log in every day and try and retain players not as a thank you for logging in and staying with the game. I would rather just have more interesting dailies which had better loot tables.

Systems which have a set number of rewards you can reach each month (requiring log ins every day) or consecutive log ins are even more about compelling retention rather than just rewarding players.

If you want a system which simply rewards someone for logging in then it should always be a random roll (with all options available) every day and not a system where the more you log in the better the rewards.

What the system is really about is splashing the Crown Store add that is incorporated into the daily reward much more often than what they currently do with the least number of complaints about the in-game adverstising. Compelling retention has very little to do with it.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Or maybe you're just making up ***. :p There hasn't even been an implication of not wanting to log in from what I've seen in this thread.

i didn't say 'wanting to log in' i said 'having to log in'. if you are going to be critical and disparaging at least get your facts straight.
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell no!! This would be a pain and I would never be excited to login because I would know rng is gonna screw me over just like it does so many times in many things. System where you know what you get is great. Each time in fortnite when I am picking up my daily reward I am actually excited getting closer to the juicy reward the closer I get. Random daily rewards is something I never want to see. Just as I would like radiant apex to be gone also.
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh don't care honestly
    Probably going to be more crap like potions that they are trying to get us to buy and that I don't use anyway so I have to take time to delete them
    Edited by Katahdin on April 26, 2018 3:39PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also I already login the game daily. So for me this login reward is something actually rewarding me for playing. But thats something ppl who dont play every day can probably never understand. I enjoy the game before the daily rewards came in. Am I happy there are gonna be these rewards now? Hell yes. Do I want them to be changed to rng? Hell no. That would absolutely destroy the excitement of this new system being rewarded for playing for 4 years with active eso+ membership the whole time. It actually feels like a reward to loyal players.
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More garbage to clutter up my inventory...just what I need
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No for chance at an equip-able item

Yes for items like exp scroll, consumables,
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Argruna
    Argruna
    ✭✭✭
    no-gif-todd-stashwick-supernatural-shapeshifter-dracula.gif

The way they decided to set it up is better and am pleased with it. You have 30 days to log in and get all da things, after that it resets. From reading the article, it sounds like it rotates on what is available each month. I'd prefer that over a static like Rift, Wildstar and GW2's log in rewards. Seeing the same log in rewards over and over again gets stale.

The only thing that bothers me is gifting being gated. I need more information cause honestly, reading the article told me I needed to spend money to get it not the frank and beans of what it can and can't accomplish. Can I gift to someone who hasn't unlocked bought eso+ or crown packs? What's the qualifying amount for crown pack purchases? And I knew player housing would fall under the cannot gift package but what's the reason behind instants like bag space?
  • Eyro
    Eyro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not really. Ive been playing long enough that I can’t imgine what random item they could possibly give me that would be exciting enough for me to say, ‘oh, I better log in today’. I have most of what I want. The rest are locked in gamble crates...

I suppose that might work. Something Like every 3rd day you log in you get a free gamble crate. I would probably try to keep logging In for those. I do like those top tier mounts and I won’t pay for them.
    Edited by Eyro on April 26, 2018 4:31PM
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RNG sucks, period. It's not as big of a deal if the rewards are not exclusive to the RNG, but RNG is never a good thing, in my opinion. Having some kind of system that promotes loyalty, or rewards regular ESO players, just by itself is not bad though. I just hate the gambling part.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »
    i dont want loging in to become a task...
    also this sort of thing is usually used to boost "player count" statistics, since it rarely tracks anything beyond them logging in daily.

What he said.