The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

moved

DoctorESO
DoctorESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
moved
Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 10:13PM
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO. I wouldn't like an opportunity to get something really really incredibly awesome for free. B)
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, that sounds frustrating rather than compelling.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I don't want participation trophies or anything I can sell for gold, just untradables
    Edited by Aliyavana on April 26, 2018 2:45AM
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gold set item. Lol no.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sure i like good stuff occasionally.. Sadly my luck is about as good as molag bal..
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no. because rng always favors the house. there is enough terrible rng in this game

but its free! you say. psychologically hope against hope followed by disappointment after disappointment is worse than mediocre yet predictable rewards. or even nothing at all.

in other words, if we are getting daily login rewards? I want to know exactly what it is each and every day.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i dont want loging in to become a task...
    also this sort of thing is usually used to boost "player count" statistics, since it rarely tracks anything beyond them logging in daily.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Loyal system .

Why not ?
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 10:13PM
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Id rather the effort be spent on reasons to make me want to play, rather than reasons to login. If it takes login rewards to get you to login, its time for a new game, imo.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Id rather the effort be spent on reasons to make me want to play, rather than reasons to login. If it takes login rewards to get you to login, its time for a new game, imo.

this one gets the point of online games
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest...I don't know how I could be happy. I would rather have random quote or something meaningful to mind. Maybe a random question reward. So it's not about reward, but the fulliment from the. experience.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why the question Doctor, isn't that exactly what we are getting with Summerset anyway??
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Freaking HELL NO !!!

*** RNG !!!!
  • Bbsample197
    Bbsample197
    ✭✭✭✭
    sure why not, its free why would anyone dont want that unless they think that they are forced to do it, which isnt really

anyways itll be good if we put it on random dgn as a daily reward like what we get on an event months ago
  • Lake
    Lake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the alternative is Crown Potions and 10 gold - then yes.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This suggestion gets close to pushing gambling over into 'gaming'
    Personally I'd rather they did not do any of this, if playing the game is not generating enough for the suits maybe the suits should move on!

“Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    meh

not bothered. i log in because i want to play. if i don't want to play i don't log in. a daily reward is not going to change that.
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    meh

not bothered. i log in because i want to play. if i don't want to play i don't log in. a daily reward is not going to change that.

Same here. I wouldn't object but it's not going to influence me to log in if I've other things to do.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • Flynch
    Flynch
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think Rift has a decent way of doing it, where it lays out exactly what you can earn over a period of a month, for each day that you log in. And although it's set up so that the rewards are consecutive in the menu, you aren't required to log in every consecutive day to earn them.
  • knaveofengland
    knaveofengland
    ✭✭✭
    *** doc i would say some of the stuff would probally be items you buy in the crown shop , best way for them for get you buying stuff, its only a marketing pitch to promote more crown store items .

wish you well
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would prefer this over a system I saw mentioned in another thread where you have to log in every day of the month in order to get some really good item which is given as the reward on the final day.

Don't like RNG but I like feeling "pushed" to log in daily even less.
  • MTijhuis
    MTijhuis
    ✭✭✭
    I will be happy with whatever free daily rewards we will get, afterall it's better nothing.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I am not a fan of system which rant rewards just for logging in.
    They're designed to make people feel compelled to log in every day and try and retain players not as a thank you for logging in and staying with the game. I would rather just have more interesting dailies which had better loot tables.

Systems which have a set number of rewards you can reach each month (requiring log ins every day) or consecutive log ins are even more about compelling retention rather than just rewarding players.

If you want a system which simply rewards someone for logging in then it should always be a random roll (with all options available) every day and not a system where the more you log in the better the rewards.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First they had hirelings that basically obligated us to log in to get free mats, then there was writs, then there was master writs and they eventually nerfed the amount of gold mats from hirelings. Now there will be log in rewards.
    On top of all of this there is multiple limited events.

Being obligated to log into a game everyday unless you miss great items is no fun.
  • Geekgirl
    Geekgirl
    ✭✭✭
    It’s a gift.
    I’m grateful for whatever I might receive.
    It’s something that I didn’t have five minutes ago that someone gave me for potentially doing something that I was probably going to do anyway.

Why are we worrying about the quality of a free thing?
    PC/NA - Perpetually casual. Furniture and fish collector. Lover of exploration and opener of urns.
    Maxed CPs, still no clue how to endgame, too much time opening urns, prolly.
    Eve Morrison - Templar DPS - Furniture Crafter/Maker of Arms - Co-op w/hubby/achievements/crafting
    Jilly Narraway - MagDK DPS - Delves/Dungeons/Dolmans - She murders ALL THE THINGS!
    Fynn the Lucky - Warden Tank -- Seer of things/Explorer of places - RP/Solo/Storyline/Completionist
    Siluna Southpaw - StamDK DPS slippery-fingered type/Murder hobo - RP/Solo/Storyline
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Geekgirl wrote: »
    It’s a gift.
    It’s something that I didn’t have five minutes ago that someone gave me for potentially doing something that I was probably going to do anyway.

Beats me. I'm pretty much impervious to attempts to get me to do things I'm not up for, so the theory of "let's get 'em logged in" doesn't work on me. So, it's a freebie for doing what I was already going to do. Can't beat that.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Why the question Doctor, isn't that exactly what we are getting with Summerset anyway??

Agreed. Hey Doc, you approached this question like a proposal, but it is already a thing, when Summerset drops.
    There is no "would you like", it is already reality..
    Just my 2 drakes... :)
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geekgirl wrote: »
    It’s a gift.

Beats me. I'm pretty much impervious to attempts to get me to do things I'm not up for, so the theory of "let's get 'em logged in" doesn't work on me. So, it's a freebie for doing what I was already going to do. Can't beat that.
    That depends how it's done. If they do it the same was as TES Legends then you only get good stuff if you log in X number of times/month. Would the offer of some items push you to log in more often than you normally would?
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    meh

Same here. I don't log in every day, and that wouldn't change just because of some inventory-cluttering reward. I dislike it in LoTRO and BDO, for example, and it really doesn't serve any meaningful purpose. However, it is coming anyway as I understand it - perhaps it should be optional.