The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

So tired of random queuing into someones farm run.

Eyesinthedrk
Eyesinthedrk
✭✭✭✭✭
...so, so tired.
Edited by Eyesinthedrk on April 25, 2018 4:35PM
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solution: don't use the dungeon finder. When you use the dungeon finder, you need to accept that you will encounter players whose goals/skill level/etc. differ from your own.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Say you need quest, almost all will respect this, note they might clear adds ahead.
    think its more an problem with people want to do random normal on the rest of the xp bonus from event.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dungeon Finder-Specific Dungeons...problem solved. If going for a random dungeon...you should be happy to get a farm run, means it will likely be quick.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, if you are queuing for the random dungeon for the XP, you are accepting the fact that you will be helping someone achieve *their* goals in return for said XP.

It's right there under "Terms and Conditions"
    The Moot Councillor
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's so bad about it. It's a great way to learn the most efficient way to clear a dungeon.

Also, you could be the one that helps them find that last piece they need so they never have to step foot back in that terrible dungeon again.
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tired of queuing into a group of skilled players who are highly efficient at finishing the dungeon? Why??

If you want to take it slow and enjoy the dungeon scenery, then just solo it on normal like everyone else.
  • Eyesinthedrk
    Eyesinthedrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s never a group of highly blah blah...

It’s always some low level PVPers trying to get bone pirate. Or some magblade hopefull, now mag Dk hopeful trying to get bsw.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did we need another thread on this topic?

Form your own group. If you queue for a random group, you are gonna get random players. Duh.

Edit: Sorry, I'm normally nicer about it, but this is the 3rd or 4th thread like this and I'm tired of typing the same thing. You queue for randoms, you get randoms. Dont like it? Form your own group or buck up, buttercup.

2nd edit: If you feel the need to tell me off for being rude here, that's fine, but can you at least have the decency to offer your solution to the OP's dilemma as well? Because mine is pretty simple: either accept (buck up) that queuing with randoms is going to get you random players with random goals or form your own group to fit your own goals. Just telling me off might make you feel better, but doesn't address the OP's problem so please include your solution if you feel so inclined.
    Edited by VaranisArano on April 26, 2018 1:43PM
  • central_scrutinizer

Form your own group. If you queue for a random group, you are gonna get random players. Duh.

Edit: Sorry, I'm normally nicer about it, but this is the 3rd or 4th thread like this and I'm tired of typing the same thing. You queue for randoms, you get randoms. Dont like it? Form your own group or buck up, buttercup.

If you don't like reading people's concerns, then don't read a forum that allows people to raise an issue multiple times even if that runs in direct contradiction to your feelings on how many times an issue should be discussed. Don't like it? Create your own forum or buck up, buttercup.
  • Invincible
    Invincible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the opposite problem. I can't seem to not que in to groups of level 15-40 players who have no idea what skill bars are and just light attack spam everything.
  • CaptainBeerDude
    CaptainBeerDude
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Invincible wrote: »
    I have the opposite problem. I can't seem to not que in to groups of level 15-40 players who have no idea what skill bars are and just light attack spam everything.

Are you being grouped with those of a similar skill level...?
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Satirical? Hard to tell these days with the influx of useless threads.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you don't like reading people's concerns, then don't read a forum that allows people to raise an issue multiple times even if that runs in direct contradiction to your feelings on how many times an issue should be discussed. Don't like it? Create your own forum or buck up, buttercup.

I mean, sure, aside from forum rules against spamming threads on similar topics. There are already several active threads on this topic.
  • JaZ2091
    JaZ2091
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean, sure, aside from forum rules against spamming threads on similar topics. There are already several active threads on this topic.

Then report it and move on. No need to chime in all the time, buttercup.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JaZ2091 wrote: »

Then report it and move on. No need to chime in all the time, buttercup.

Out of curiosity, what's your thoughts on the actual matter I was telling the OP to "buck up" about, i.e. queuing up with random players means playing with random players who often have different goals? My solution, as stated, is to either accept it (buck up) or form their own group if they don't want to deal with random players and their random goals.
  • Yzalirk
    Yzalirk
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...so, so tired.

And I’m so, so tired of people posting duplicate threads complaining about the same thing.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing. Not sure why this couldn't go into the other 3 threads on this topic.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on April 26, 2018 4:53AM
  • Eyesinthedrk
    Eyesinthedrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t mind pugs or low levels. I enjoy teaching people who haven’t beat a dlc dungeon. I just have a problem always queueing into the the same 2 dungeons every time I try to queue up for a random.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t mind pugs or low levels. I enjoy teaching people who haven’t beat a dlc dungeon. I just have a problem always queueing into the the same 2 dungeons every time I try to queue up for a random.

Then don't queue for random dungeons?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm assuming this is for the daily random dungeon? If you make your own group, you run much less risk of getting the fotm dungeon farming run or the daily pledge than if you queue by yourself. If you continue to queue for random by yourself, you've got a pretty good chance of ending up in someone's pledge run or farming run, especially if you are a DPS.

Its just how group finder works. Lets say you are a DPS chilling in queue waiting for the daily random normal. I'm a tank who wants to farm Automaton from Darkshade I or I have the pledge so I queue for that. My queue will almost certainly pop first, because I'm a tank and now you've got your daily random dungeon that also happens to be my farming or pledge run.

How can you avoid that? Form your own group. You might still get Darkshade I but at least you got that dungeon randomly and not because someone specifically queued for it for a gear farm/pledge.
    Edited by VaranisArano on April 26, 2018 11:39AM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm assuming this is for the daily random dungeon? If you make your own group, you run much less risk of getting the fotm dungeon farming run or the daily pledge than if you queue by yourself. If you continue to queue for random by yourself, you've got a pretty good chance of ending up in someone's pledge run or farming run, especially if you are a DPS.

Its just how group finder works. Lets say you are a DPS chilling in queue waiting for the daily random normal. I'm a tank who wants to farm Automaton from Darkshade I or I have the pledge so I queue for that. My queue will almost certainly pop first, because I'm a tank and now you've got your daily random dungeon that also happens to be my farming or pledge run.

How can you avoid that? Form your own group. You might still get Darkshade I but at least you got that dungeon randomly and not because someone specifically queued for it for a gear farm/pledge.
    This, note that lots are happy they often get pledge and random bonus in one run.
    An full group is truly random dungeon, you can even include one player who is below cp160 or don't have the dlc to exclude vet dlc in the list.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Guarlet
    Guarlet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do we need so many duplicate threads about very nearly the same topic? Where are the mods?
    AKA The Goblinator, PC/EU
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LF Automaton belt in divines
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then dont queue in a random queue

Join guilds, run with known groups = profit & happiness
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

This, note that lots are happy they often get pledge and random bonus in one run.
    An full group is truly random dungeon, you can even include one player who is below cp160 or don't have the dlc to exclude vet dlc in the list.

Definitely! I usually pick up pledges first then run the daily random dungeon, in hopes of getting both done in one fell swoop. But it sounds like the OP wants to avoid doing the same two dungeons (which I'm guessing means pledges,or the fotm gear everyone wants) so the best way to do that is to form their own group so they aren't getting queued into a specific dungeon because another random wants gear or pledges.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No one requires you to put rude responses, contrary to what you seem to believe. RofLmfao
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am almost certain that if you do a random queue, you could be placed with someone who is queuing for a specific dungeon. That is a fast way to get groups formed and to get people through them.

I queue sometimes for my farming and will let the people know before we start what I am looking for. I wont rush the dungeon if I see the players who queued in are following the story/getting their skill point. I sometimes slow my DPS down for lower levels so they can get some hits in.

My philosophy is this: It's a group content. You move as a group. And as an experienced player, I take note of who I am queued with and am aware of stopping points for the quest and watch their build/rotation and offer help if I feel I should.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • Eyesinthedrk
      Eyesinthedrk
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I’m just hoping that jewlery crafting will put an end to vet gear farms.

I know, I Know, hope in one hand, sh...uh, poop in the other and see which one fills up faster.