The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Lightning heavy Atk.

ashdstampede1
Simple quick question. How many attacks does a lightning staff heavy Atk do? I have yet to figure out on console since it ticks fast. I feal like it's 5, but read online it's 4, but idk if things have changed since those posts that say 4 ticks.

Best Answer

• Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    4. First 3 are DoT and the last tick is direct damage.

If you have a weapon enchant that does damage it might look like 5 hits.
    Edited by Toast_STS on April 25, 2018 5:14PM
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
    Answer ✓
  • twistedmonk
    twistedmonk
    ✭✭✭
    lightning staff is buggy AF.

you either try to light attack and it goes heavy and you can't cancel it.

or you try to use heavy attack and it does nothing.

thanks a lot ZOS

also - they made it even worse in PTS.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding lightning staves being buggy, I can only share that I've not had any problems with them. I have a 720 healplar with a lightning staff on back bar and a 720 stormsorc with dual lightning staves. I light weave with no probs on both. Heavy attacks are a routine part of my stormsorc's rotation and have never caused me problems. Though I have heard that some folks have had problems, just tossing out that I have not - despite lots of lightning staff use. Go figure.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • slickygm
    slickygm
    ✭✭
    The only times lightning staves were buggy for me was when I was lagging a lot. Not really a game issue (plus it happens with other weapons, too).
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lightning staff is buggy AF.

you either try to light attack and it goes heavy and you can't cancel it.

or you try to use heavy attack and it does nothing.

thanks a lot ZOS

also - they made it even worse in PTS.

The heavy attack glitch also happens with resto staves as well. The bug's been around for a good while but Zos won't fix it.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ..needs a buff, please..
  • ashdstampede1
    It's buggy when laggy for me also. And I would sure love a buffet on this. Like one more tick. It would make a the lighting staff heavy more useful. Many abilities and gameplay use other weapon heavy Atk combos, maybe make lightning staff stronger since it Chanel's. I know the next update will make destroyer staff better in general, but would be nice if the heavy lightning staff got a bit more.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one of the first threads i ever posted here on the forums...i still love me some lightening staves...
    geonsocal wrote: »
    Okay, so yeah imagine playing this game in somewhat of a vacuum for the first 10 months or so and it’s easy to see how different folks might come up with different solutions on gameplay right? (yes, I’m hedging a bit on my comments)…

My weapon of choice (primarily for PvP) is the good old lightening staff…what a marvel it is...
    1. It reaches out for like forever – so you’re running someone down and there’s a few folks ahead of you getting ready to send an enemy player somewhere else on the map, no worries, real easy to reach out and touch someone from a long way away
    2. It doesn’t care about your silly dodge roll move – once it hits it sticks
    3. Enchant it with a nice dose of disease or poison and it’s the gift that keeps on giving
    4. It stays attached through rocks and trees – go ahead and try to hide
    5. It’s fast – so, you're inside defending a tower along with about 10 other people (whom you’re not grouped with) waiting for folks to come in the door, no worries about getting in on the kill – cuz your handy dandy lightening staff gets to folks real quick like
    6. Cut down your heavy attack time and you can thump folks with a little lick of lightning over and over again. What a joy to stand on top a keep or outpost and zap someone below who thinks that silly lightening stuff won’t do nothing…oooops you’re dead

So tell me – how is the lightening staff not the most awesome weapon in tamriel (at least cyrodiil and IC)…except for those stupid good vma weapons – which I may never see in my own inventory (rotten bind on pickup rule)...
    Edited by geonsocal on April 26, 2018 8:34PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually fixed this bug very simply where you can't light attack and get heavy attacks

Trigger stops ...

I use the button trigger to fire my heavy and light at attacks I find them less sticky so my bumpers are free for skills

I then added trigger stops so they fire as soon as I pressed, shirt press light attack long press heavy attack

With out the stops I have to pull the trigger full depth and when I do , it can start the light attack sooner than I anticipate turning it into a heavy

Granted this only helps players who use a controller