The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Kick out in a PUG Veteran Dungeon

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like someone else said, if you were running ahead of the group, or had queued for multiple roles (healer/DPS/tank), then they might have kicked you for those reasons, too.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Likely you were farming for same thing, but then again people are mysterious
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    standing still and daggers sheathed i'm at 3,600 weapon damage
  • Storm_knight22
    Storm_knight22
    ✭✭✭✭
    Someone in the group wanted sunderflame too.
    I want spell crafting.
  • SP39EMC2
    SP39EMC2
    ✭✭✭
    Easiest conclusion to come to is that they were probably looking for the same thing and didn’t want the competition for drops. Also. Nirnhoned on your off hand is useless. Go infused. The extra wep damage doesn’t scale like your main hand. Infused wep damage enchant.

Thanks for the advice on the off hand. Much appreciated.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Surprised it took this long for someone to say it
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just a side note here.. Why exactly did you want sunderflame? Its getting nerfed to Oblivion XD
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SP39EMC2 wrote: »
    I was in Veteran COA1 PUG group awhile ago. I am a Stamina DK CP720, Gold twin daggers/bow, almost all Gold gears and hitting about 600 WD in the dungeon. The others were one around CP400, another CP300 & another CP200. Was kicked out after the 1st Boss when I typed in the text chat... “lf Sunderflame weapons“. I do not understand why? Maybe I missed something I don know. Can anyone enlighten me? Maybe they don't like my face hahaha!
    Btw I have successfully run this dungeon umpteenth times.
    Many thanks

Were you typing that instead of DPSing/tanking/healing? Maybe that's why, if so.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    firedrgn wrote: »
    6000 wd seems pretty tasty. I have not played stam in a long while , but from what icr that seems pretry darn good.

can bet penetration is a tad on the low side, and regens.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't quite understand why he'd be kicked because someone else wanted Sunderflame, too. Doesn't it drop the same for everybody? I'm just trying to understand.
  • TempPlayer
    TempPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I don't quite understand why he'd be kicked because someone else wanted Sunderflame, too. Doesn't it drop the same for everybody? I'm just trying to understand.

No it doesn't drop the same for everyone, otherwise there is not much reason for the tradeable flag.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TempPlayer wrote: »
    No it doesn't drop the same for everyone, otherwise there is not much reason for the tradeable flag.
    Well, I know it's random, but I'm just saying that everyone would have equal chances of getting it, if RNG was in their favor. So why would someone have a hissy-fit about someone else wanting it?
  • Jarryzzt
    Jarryzzt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let's see what are the possibilities:

- The other three people know each other and just needed a fourth to launch the dungeon.
    - The other three people had a friend who said he wants to join and cleared a spot for them.
    - The other three people are immature idiots who thought this was a fun thing to do.
    - The other three people were farming Sunderflame themselves.
    - The other three people were immature idiots who presumed, somehow, that anyone looking for Sunderflame must be bad.
    - The other three people observed the first boss fight and did not like something (may not have been raw DPS, could be skill selection, behaviour, et cetera).
    - The other three people were of a different nationality. And possibly on Discord. "Kick the stupid American stupid" can be a thing (though to be fair, just about all international PUGs I've run with were decent enough as human beings...maybe not always good players, but not immature idiots about it).

I mean, is that everything? Excluding something truly off the wall involving black helicopters and alien-human hybrid clones in the employ of either fertility clinics (female) or the Social Security Administration (male). Three points to anyone who gets that reference without looking it up...
  • TempPlayer
    TempPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    TempPlayer wrote: »
    Well, I know it's random, but I'm just saying that everyone would have equal chances of getting it, if RNG was in their favor. So why would someone have a hissy-fit about someone else wanting it?

I guess less competition mean more for oneself.
  • SP39EMC2
    SP39EMC2
    ✭✭✭
    Tyrobag wrote: »
    Just a side note here.. Why exactly did you want sunderflame? Its getting nerfed to Oblivion XD

Experimenting and having fun.....A lot of free time for me :)
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they were friends and a 4th friend wanted to join and kicked the random for that.
    Maybe they were looking for same thing and kicked for that.
    Maybe they assumed the high level was going to be unhappy carrying them or was going to rush.
    Maybe they dont like ur face.
    Maybe they got annoyed by something else.
    Maybe they dont understand english and felt u comfortable not knowing how to respond.
    Maybe maybe maybe.. . .

All are imo bad reasons for kicking anyone no need to feel insecure about it.
    Let it go it doesnt matter why and if you really need to know ask them if you feel the need because we dont know
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they didnt like you.

Be honest, are you an Orc?
    Zinaroth wrote: »
    Uviryth wrote: »
    Maybe they didnt like you.

Be honest, are you an Orc?

As a fellow orc I can relate to the discrimination.

At least your offspring aren`t considered a delicacy to the rest of the races....

signed
    Uvirith Walks-on-Ashes
  • Make2k15
    Make2k15
    ✭✭
    pattyLtd wrote: »
    Maybe they were friends and a 4th friend wanted to join and kicked the random for that.
    Maybe they were looking for same thing and kicked for that.
    Maybe they assumed the high level was going to be unhappy carrying them or was going to rush.
    Maybe they dont like ur face.
    Maybe they got annoyed by something else.
    Maybe they dont understand english and felt u comfortable not knowing how to respond.
    Maybe maybe maybe.. . .

All are imo bad reasons for kicking anyone no need to feel insecure about it.
    Let it go it doesnt matter why and if you really need to know ask them if you feel the need because we dont know

That's about what I though as well. I think it happens occasionally for pretty much for everybody who plays a lot with PUGs. Random people random reasons :)

From experience I can tell that there are some ways to lessen the chance for this kind of stuff happening to you. For example if u planning to do something with PUGs which takes a long time to do like VDSA it's a good idea to have a bit of a feel about with who u playing with and why are they doing that content before starting. Like are they premade? Are they farming something?

If they are premade then there is a chance that one more of their friend shows up while u doing that content and if there have been almost no verbal interaction between u and the other guys up to that point then it's much easier for them to just kick u out.

Asking what they farm is a good idea cus it potentially gives them good reason to keep u along. Or if they farm the same thing you can part ways before even starting.
    Edited by Make2k15 on April 26, 2018 11:38AM
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely would say because you were farming the same set they were after, though maybe your skill and dps being higher. Or they're dumb. I run this same setup. I was at v falkreath and after a wipe on the first boss (where I was last man standing) I checked and realized I was grouped with a cp 170 heal and a few 200s. They kicked me and i literally died laughing.
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we removed some spam posts (clearly just a posting error) and a few comments referencing the spam, to clean up the thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    were you running ahead and messing up the Tank's stacking? As tank, this annoys me to no end, making my job 10x as hard(especially when they use leap in PvE). I will generally ask them twice to stop it...if they continue I will leave, I suppose you might have annoyed someone in this way enough for them to vote to kick you.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I said it on the first page of this thread...
  • Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gold iron daggers op
    PC: CP 1200+ DroDest, Bringer of light
    PS4: CP 1500+ Dro Dest, SoTN, Bringer of light, CragHMs, EoF, IR, TTT
    Xbox: CP 450 Fungal Grotto 1 HM
  • SP39EMC2
    SP39EMC2
    ✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    were you running ahead and messing up the Tank's stacking? As tank, this annoys me to no end, making my job 10x as hard(especially when they use leap in PvE). I will generally ask them twice to stop it...if they continue I will leave, I suppose you might have annoyed someone in this way enough for them to vote to kick you.

On the contrary when I came into the Dungeon they were already fighting the first Boss. On the way down I stopped to picked up some beets on the right of the pathway going down. I don't know why sometimes when I am teleported into a dungeon people already started fighting their way to the first Boss. Maybe my internet connection is not so good.
    Cheers!
  • SP39EMC2
    SP39EMC2
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely would say because you were farming the same set they were after, though maybe your skill and dps being higher. Or they're dumb. I run this same setup. I was at v falkreath and after a wipe on the first boss (where I was last man standing) I checked and realized I was grouped with a cp 170 heal and a few 200s. They kicked me and i literally died laughing.

It has happened to me a few times before this. So from now on I will check first if the others are more or less the same level as me. If the difference is great I will just leave...no problem at all! I normally do not like to initiate a kick. Also I am tired of carrying people. I had a CP65 and a CP80 with a CP500...took a long time to finish. At one time there was a CP25, a CP90 & a CP500 & we managed to finished without someone kicking the CP25. All the CP numbers mentioned are approx.. cannot remember exactly. Actually I don't mind as I love this game so very much that I think I am addicted to it lol!! Playing for about 6-8 hours daily almost everyday LOL!!! After all this is just a game for goodness sake!
    Relax and enjoy and be happy playing this game!
    CHEERS!
  • SP39EMC2
    SP39EMC2
    ✭✭✭
    After all being said imho this is a super excellent game and a real enjoyment for me to play. Thank you ZOS.

No worry no harm done and thank you all!!
    CHEERS & CHEERS :smiley::smiley::smiley:
    Edited by SP39EMC2 on April 26, 2018 6:41PM
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jarryzzt wrote: »

- The other three people know each other and just needed a fourth to launch the dungeon.
    - The other three people had a friend who said he wants to join and cleared a spot for them.
    - The other three people are immature idiots who thought this was a fun thing to do.
    - The other three people were immature idiots who presumed, somehow, that anyone looking for Sunderflame must be bad.
    - The other three people observed the first boss fight and did not like something (may not have been raw DPS, could be skill selection, behaviour, et cetera).
    - The other three people were of a different nationality. And possibly on Discord. "Kick the stupid American stupid" can be a thing (though to be fair, just about all international PUGs I've run with were decent enough as human beings...maybe not always good players, but not immature idiots about it).

I mean, is that everything? Excluding something truly off the wall involving black helicopters and alien-human hybrid clones in the employ of either fertility clinics (female) or the Social Security Administration (male). Three points to anyone who gets that reference without looking it up...

The truth is out there
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The truth is out there
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »

I said it on the first page of this thread...

Whoops. Missed it. Insightful for you
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Numerikuu wrote: »
    Not sure if typo lol. The only other alternative reason for being kicked was you rushed ahead of them all, or you were a fake tank/healer or something.
    vCoA1 is among the easiest dungeons, painless to pug so unlikely some will kick during an smooth run.

This, vCoA1 might be the easiest vet dungeon, plenty of normal dlc is harder.
    Main reason for death in the dungeon is jumping from the tree.

Add another they might kicked the wrong player, was something wrong with tank or healer.
    Remember having an fake tank with 13K health in nWGT, after the orgrim mini boss then the tank died it was an vote to kick, I voted for, however it was not tank it was an low level DD who looked to know an rotation, was so pissed that then "tank" did not have food I voted to kick him, only time I initiated kick on not AFK player.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.