The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Set down and talk about it: Adept Rider

SmellyUnlimited
SmellyUnlimited
✭✭✭✭
Our “Rohan of Tamriel” set:

Adept Rider
2 – 2975 Spell Resist
3 – 2975 Physical Resist
4 – 1206 Max Health
5 – While mounted, you gain Major Evasion, increasing your dodge chance by 15%. Dismounting spawns a dust cloud at your position for 12 seconds that deals 1436 Physical Damage every 1 second to enemies who stand inside it. You and group members inside the dust cloud gain Major Evasion. The dust cloud can be created once every 12 seconds.

Who is this geared toward?? It seems like it’s almost purely designed for PvP, but what’s their vision for this ability?

“9 DC riders in V formation chasing down a lone EP scroll runner down a flat ash-covered field....their steeds pushing ever faster, catching up inch by inch on the lone Pact scout. SUDDENLY, 3 EP Knights on Royal Guars pull a Tokyo drift type move, sliding their guars to create a whirlwind of sand and dust. This act all but cripples the Daggerfall Covenant pursuit team. When the dust clears, all that’s left is the smell of the old parchment, and a pungent aroma of failure.”

Is this set in the same ‘category’ as say Cowards Gear? Non-combat (really) utility/movement sets to maximize when you need to travel quickly and safely. Otherwise, I don’t see this weapon getting much play. Can’t mount in “most”dungeons, trials (exception of AA), VDSA/VMA. My only thought is that it’s a PvP set, up I STILL can’t envision ihow it would be integrated? A support character besides a healer or tank?
DO. NOT. WIPE. (in game OR out!)
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The title already says it i think. For beginners and people with slow horses/horses without stamina in pvp. Sometimes you get attacked while riding to an objective. So a dodge chance while riding surely isnt bad, especially when your horse is slow. This also prevents the stamina drain of your horse to a certain degree and therefore prevents falling off your horse. The second effect of this aoe, where you get the evasion while standing in it is triggered by dismounting. New horses have pretty much no stamina and you get dismounted and stunned very easely by draining the stamina of the horse to zero (this happens realy fast, only a few attacks are enough). While getting dismounted like this, you are stunned without a chance to break free, therefore once more evasion may save your life. It also may prevent from immediately being engaged into a melee fight, since you also spawn an aoe damage area.
    Thats all i can think about, since there isnt much opportunity to charge with your horse into the enemy group and then dismount to place the aoe inside of the enemy group. Nobody would do that, you rather dismount earlier and first buff up before engaging.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set is so bad it should let you mount in combat so you could run away
  • coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    they took DKs original Ash Cloud and made a set out of it.... lame
    max level: mDK, stamBlade, stamSorc, magPlar, mDen, stamDen, magBlade, stamCro
    ESO+
    # of mules: 4 (FULL)
    maxed bank: FULL -_-
    Stop the grind! Get rid of stupid events and daily-quest gallore. Get rid of "have a chance of 1 in a million to get a piece of 1 in 30 to get a stupid motif or pet... wtf..."
    And at this point just remove all classes and have everyone choose their set of skills. then balance accordingly to skills always used vs. skills never used.
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I'm kinda curious how already intense breach battles can become more absurd. Just need a coordinated group to equip a few of these.

Picture it, crazy breach battle going, 12 players peel off and mount up, they then rapids through the breach into the mass of enemies opposite... dismount, snare/root, ult drop then run around like chickens with their head cut off.
    Edited by jcasini222ub17_ESO on April 25, 2018 11:25AM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I'm kinda curious how already intense breach battles can become more absurd. Just need a coordinated group to equip a few of these.

Picture it, crazy breach battle going, 12 players peel off and mount up, they then rapids through the breach into the mass of enemies opposite... dismount, snare/root, ult drop then run around like chickens with their head cut off.

Or, mounted bombers on resources. 2 or 3 players charge in on mounts with proxy det up, dismount or get dismounted in the middle of a group taking the flag, and wreck the group.

It has interesting and niche usefulness. But I see the set as a siege breaker. You could also have players ride into breaches at keeps with this set and dismount in various locations to provide sieging players Major Evasion as the poor through the breach. Wouldn't necessarily use the set to attack players, but use it to provide cover.
  • ashdstampede1
    Any one know the radious is of it?