The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What class works best with a 2hander ? Stamina, PVE, dps

Dimski
Dimski
✭✭✭
The subject says it all. So I want to use a 2hander in a stamina PVE dps build. What class should I pick, what's on the back bar?
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamsorc or Stamplar. The main reason is that these classes tend to maximize their stamina pool rather than weapon damage. One of the biggest issues with 2h is that the heavy attack is slow and clunky, these two classes with larger stamina pools don't have to heavy attack very often.

Stamsorc doesn't have a spammable class skill so can use the 2h spammables and no real execute. the 2h skills are all physical damage which is buffed by their passives and gear choices.

Stamplar uses a large stamina pool to maximise the power of the light and has low stam cost abilities. The 2h Execution skill is also useful here.

Edited by Narvuntien on April 25, 2018 5:19AM
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamblade by far. You can sustain a full light attack rotation in most cases, and most importantly: you have a class spammable.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But stamblades have such synergy with crit that you don't want to lose daggers
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, best is trivial. It is more what is good or works well. I have all class stam toons from Stamsorc, Stamden, StamDK, Stamblade and even stam-based tanks, and they all are good and awesome in their own rite. Some of my stams are 2H/bow, while others are DW/bow and even 2H/S&B. I enjoy mix and matching up class and weapon skill lines. Just not staff and 2H, or staff and DW. It doesn't work to well to mix and match both mag and stam-base weapons on same toon. Ha ha
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to break this to you but ...
    Rebalanced Light and Heavy Attack damage across weapon types to reinforce the concept that Light Attacks are for dealing damage and Heavy Attacks are for restoring resources. In general, this means:
    • Light Attacks with One Hand and Shield, Dual Wield, Bow, Destruction Staff, and Restoration Staff weapons will deal more damage.
    • Light Attacks with Two Handed weapons will deal less damage.
    • Heavy Attacks with Destruction Staff and Restoration Staff weapons will deal more damage.
    • Heavy Attacks with Two Handed, One Hand and Shield, Dual Wield, and Bow weapons will deal less damage.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5047698/#Comment_5047698
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    But stamblades have such synergy with crit that you don't want to lose daggers
    This is not about what fits best with NB, but which class can get the best results from 2H. Imo it is NB, maybe stamplar as well. They have a class spammable, so don't need to rely on dizzying swing. NB even has an AoE spammable in power extraction. I don't use that though since I am using Master 2h and that deals a lot more damage with brawler. Btw I can easily get 75-80% crit rates on my dps parses with 2h NB in pve when using pots on CD. Which is more than enough tbh.
  • Dimski
    Dimski
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly. This should be a discussion about what class / race gets the most out of twohanders. Thank you for the help so far and that nightblade build looks good, too. I've started a nightblade to see where that gets me.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play stamDK 2hander and it's good. Asylum axe pairs well with the dk battle roar, and reverse slice fills the execute gap in dk.

Unfortunately as @Asardes pointed out, 2h is getting nerfed left and right in Summerset:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/409358/the-state-of-2h-pve-dps-test-vs-live#latest
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanar wrote: »
    I play stamDK 2hander and it's good. Asylum axe pairs well with the dk battle roar, and reverse slice fills the execute gap in dk.

Unfortunately as @Asardes pointed out, 2h is getting nerfed left and right in Summerset:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/409358/the-state-of-2h-pve-dps-test-vs-live#latest

Yeah, the Asylum 2h is really nice for a StamDK. But, yeah, the light/heavy damage will get nerfed. That said, if you're weaving this will be less of a consideration. If you're letting the 2h animations play out, it'll hit you much harder.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Exactly. This should be a discussion about what class / race gets the most out of twohanders. Thank you for the help so far and that nightblade build looks good, too. I've started a nightblade to see where that gets me.
    Another good 2h stamblade build is this one: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/371238/the-refabricant-scourge-a-stamina-nightblade-two-handed-pve-dps-vma-build-hotr-ready

I am using a variation of it currently with 5 VO + 5 Briarheart + Master 2h and vMA bow. Solo dummy dps is around 33k. I am doing a little less dps than the build I linked, but I traded a few K's for massive AoE from brawler (master 2h) and reverse slice for an execute. Also I am using dawnbreaker of smiting since I also PvP a lot. But if I went full pve mode I could get closer to the same dps in single target. I am using Orc as race btw.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah.. son-of-a-beaches, you all developers are crossing the red line here! Dammit, when is Witcher 4 coming out?
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What sets do you pair with the 2h?