Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

My Tel Galen

Carbonised
Carbonised
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Finally it is here, the presentation of my Tel Galen home. True to the concept, I have decorated this as a fungal Telvanni tower, complete with mystical mushroom garden and impressive interiors.

In this home, the majority of the housing slots have been used on the exterior. A vast collection of mushroom and fungi have been placed in a tasteful manner, along with a host of other exotic and dangerous plants. I have especially used a lot of the carnivorous plants such as sundew and pitcher plants. Why oh why don't we have access to the venus flytrap plants yet? I need those for this home, and the model is already in the game!

A special blue corner with blue glowing plants has been made under some rocky outcroppings, and down towards the seashore is an impressive coral garden with various clams, starfish and corals. Under one of the huge mushrooms, an outdoor Velothi shrine has been placed to honor the ancestors.

This also means that the interior is somewhat lacking in decoration. You guessed it, that infernal item cap. Everything on the inside has been furnished with Telvanni furnishings, and lights, banners, carpets and such have been placed, but all the clutter, all the smaller items that make up a nice home, unfortunately didn't make it. Eventually I may have to just scrap the Velothi shrine and the Coral garden in order to fully decorate the interior, though I think that would be a real shame.

For now, the main interior room has been split up into parts, separated by dividers. Some are sitting arrangements, dinner areas, reading areas and so on. There are three side rooms, Vivec's, Almalexia's and Sotha Sil's. Sotha's is supposed to eventually be a workshop/magical lab area, Vivec's leads to a room with two beds and some bedroom furnishings, Almalexia's leads to a women's parlor with bed and sleeping area, a bath and some beauty parlor furnishings.

Upstairs we have the master wizard's chambers, with a grand table and throne, various paintings, shelves and candelabras. A good place to overlook the entire abode.

Edited by Carbonised on April 25, 2018 10:02AM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some pictures of the exterior area:

Vivec statues, lights and main entrance at night
    iR9H8IZ.jpg

Brave Little Scrib and some Kwama eggs
    BDcdZ73.jpg

Serpent totems lead the way to the pier
    JRd5VXx.jpg

Exotic eggs hidden among the pitcher plants
    klDxfKV.jpg

Pitchers on vines hanging down from giant chantarelles
    NZ78pg3.jpg

Coral garden with ocean antlers
    iMkpGhz.jpg

Eggs, pitchers and various plants
    b6FcmU6.jpg

Glowstalks light up the area at night
    wBjpcoe.jpg

Silt strider husks dot the ground
    gwQn2W0.jpg

Telvanni Tower
    IELV2a0.jpg

Outdoor Velothi shrine
    jU3OpEM.jpg

Shrine at night
    jNSF9vi.jpg

Entrance area
    7LutJ5f.jpg

Land anemones writhe in the gardens
    bo21bPT.jpg

Bat blooms, glowing blue mushrooms and blue glowstalks
    c2UeIH4.jpg

Glowstalks light up the night sky
    q5LcHHD.jpg
    Edited by Carbonised on April 24, 2018 3:29PM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And some pictures of the interior:

jtqxaL1.jpg

XM5Nhqh.jpg

8IpJ5Gt.jpg

mkKSI9r.jpg

RqLRzVA.jpg

Sr67Y6e.jpg

cEsayK7.jpg

hZ3MQLn.jpg

FXu0yUd.jpg

DtwM3Lv.jpg

4ONWwuc.jpg

PxHdzUO.jpg

SNANDav.jpg

a3AfKxC.jpg

Vivec's room / living quarters
    lzD0zsD.jpg

YuX9G38.jpg

Ei4FNTR.jpg

Vs2GN3J.jpg

Almalexia's room / sleeping and beauty quarters
    1gUVaeD.jpg

E6DFmvm.jpg

AOxOStR.jpg

Z6XXIPR.jpg

llD6o2K.jpg

Sotha Sil's room /workshop
    XtvOr5l.jpg

WewwwHr.jpg

Master's office
    24IiDQi.jpg

n1L9rQa.jpg
    Edited by Carbonised on April 24, 2018 3:36PM
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As always, really impressive! With all the Telvanni paintings! I specially like the velothi shrine, and the pool in the garden. Really nice, unique touches. The only bad thing is that it feels kinda empty, I imagine due to the furniture limit. If I ever finish my Tel Galen, will post it so you can see it.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As always, really impressive! With all the Telvanni paintings! I specially like the velothi shrine, and the pool in the garden. Really nice, unique touches. The only bad thing is that it feels kinda empty, I imagine due to the furniture limit. If I ever finish my Tel Galen, will post it so you can see it.

Thanks! Yes, the outside area took up so many slots that I didn't have any left for filling the interior with clutter.

If nothing is changing about the furnishing limit, I may have to just scrap the coral gardens and perhaps the Velothi shrine too, and use the slots for cluttering up the interior instead.
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this looks amazing. well done! :)
    PC
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilithyania wrote: »
    this looks amazing. well done! :)

Thank you =)
  • JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not much to work with for the Tel Galen towers too many interior loading screens and interior lay out isn't the best. Nonetheless not bad considering this one is a pretty difficult one to work with.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great job, as always!

I really like what you did with the exterior. The bat blooms/coldharbour glowstalks lend a nice atmosphere to the pool area. I liked the small touches with the kwama eggs and the scrib. Was that in the crates? The only scrib I recall was the pre-order one exclusive to PS4.

Also, the shrine is great and I like how you incorporated the rocks for additional surface space for the urns, etc. Oh...and I love your coral garden. I bought one of those coral towers, but only one of the smaller corals from the luxury vendor - forgot to go back and buy some more of those. Are there any other corals available from in-game vendors?

It's too bad that the slot limit is so low, as the interior could really benefit from a higher slot limit. You've got the framework, but aren't able to flesh it out without destroying some of your lovely landscaping. But, you've given me some ideas on rearranging my interior!

Kudos to you for doing such a great job with what I consider to be a rather difficult space to work with. The interior is difficult due to the rather large main room, which has to be divided off into various spaces. The four other rooms are nice and give good separation, but are all oddly shaped due to the fungi. As for the exterior, it's quite uneven terrain, even in the open areas where you'd want to put a pool/fountain/other kind of outdoor decoration.

I noticed that you used a lot of the amber lighting. It's a shame that they're all CS. I'd love to be able to craft these, as I just don't like really like the blue ones we can craft. Right now, my Tel Galen is a mix of blue and amber lighting (the ones that came with the furnished version). I'm deciding whether to remove all blue lights and just make a bunch of the candelabras and candles or have a couple of the rooms have just blue lighting.

Thanks for sharing all of your Dunmer homes! You've given me lots of inspiration. Cheers!
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice setup for Tel Galen! I definitely feel like it's a home that gets a bit more hate than it deserves. I mean, you made yours look good, and I think I made mine look good as well!
    Oh, and thank you for the display of your Velothi shrine. I seriously forgot that you can stack the reliquary back up neatly. ^^;

I'd share mine, but...well, let's just say that with all the Argonian influences I added to mine, ALL the Telvanni would be instantly triggered! XD
    Seriously though, I'll share mine at a later point. I'm basically waiting until Summerset. There's some furnishings from it that I think will be just what my Tel Galen needed! Like that sauna, for example. :3
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on May 2, 2018 5:23AM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jayne_Doe

Thanks! Just need to upload a video and some pics of my Ebonheart Castle, then I'm done with all the Morrowind/Dunmer themed houses.

The scrib was actually a bonus reward that came with some plush figure toy that was buyable a few years back. I managed to find one for a reasonable amount of money on Ebay that still had the code intact, but they seem to be quite rare by now. Unfortunately that code is the only way to get the scrib.

The smaller corals should be buyable from guild traders for a resonable amount of gold, though you should expect paying a larger amount than the vendor price. At least on PC EU the luxury goods are often sold for months after on traders with a 10-20 % profit.
    Right now the only corals are the smaller and large antler corals from the luxury vendor, but as you may have seen, we get a lot of new coral themed furnishing with Summerset. So I will most likely move my coral garden to the Summerset cave home and at least get a few more slots free for Tel Galen.

It does indeed suck with the store exclusive lightings. I didn't want the blue azure lights though, so I figured I'd just have to spend the money for it. I also bought it furnished, so it wasn't oo many lights I neded to buy, plus I bought all my crowns on sale for half the price, so that also alleviated some of the costs. You could always go for an Azure theme instead, or use the Hlaalu lamps and sconces, or even the original Dunmer ones.

We'll see how obtainable the Summerset furnishing recipes will be with the last update to droprates. If they are somewhat reasonable, I may buy and decorate the Summerset homes, if they continue to be rare as dirt and be more frustrating than rewarding, I may just forego those homes altogether.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since EU server is dying again, I might as well upload some updates to my Tel Galen home.

Oh all my recently updated homes, this one probably went through most change. It was a long wait, but the Venus Flytraps were PERFECT for my home of carnivorous plants. Now it's dotted with flytraps, along with the standing pitchers, the hanging vine pitchers, and the sundew plants. Love it.

The "blue garden" area with blue glowy plants was vastly expanded as well with some of the newer fungus types, the Darkshade tentacle plants and a few other fitting plants.

The three Murkmire carnivorous plants of course fit this home perfectly, and I've included one of each.

The coral garden was moved to my Colossal Grotto home, and I've just moved a few exotic corals down on the waterfront, so it's not all empty.

The fountain is now dotted with jelly netches, in a "dance of the jellies". Pretty. And a single choking vine plant also makes it home in this exotic garden.

The outdoor Ancestor Shrine has been updated with the newest Velothi items, and that's about it.

Quite a lot of new pics for this one, here they are:

New fungi and carnivorous plants

kZiPsHR.jpg

Qjr0uds.jpg

c1E243T.jpg

eeINskO.jpg

y5Ayp9w.jpg

The glowing blue garden

SrBsbDn.jpg

rBSa2lf.jpg

Dangerous plants

zhbMRCU.jpg

jeSIeaz.jpg

Friendly vine choker

bMQCRqb.jpg

A few exotic corals

43oznyK.jpg

Dance of the netch jellies

64rHWhX.jpg

PBKIngN.jpg

Velothi ancestor shrine

tagdc99.jpg

• TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Totally love the glowing, blue garden!
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful place! :) I especially like the blue garden and the corals are lovely too!
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »
    Beautiful place! :) I especially like the blue garden and the corals are lovely too!

Thanks =) I like the blue garden as well, we really got a lot of cool glowy and exotic plants in the last year, so I tried and fit as many as them into this spot =)