The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Stam Sorc: Some New Ideas

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I think there are some areas we could move to make the sorcerer skill lines and passives more conducive to supporting stamina sorcerers. I’ve doing a lot of complaining about how stam sorcs need some changes so here are some of my actual ideas that I think would open up their playstyle a little. Note I am primarily coming at this from a PvP perspective. Idk how useful these changes would be in PvE. But tbh I don’t think stam sorcs need much help in PvE currently.

Passive, Exploitation: change to offer weapon critical as well as spell critical. A small change that wouldn’t really do much, but would at least offer stam sorcs the opportunity to benefit from this passive.

Skill, Unstable Clanfear: make this a stamina morph, it causes physical damage anyway. It might not be the most useful but I think it could be creatively used. And it would at least let us benefit a little from the rebate passive as magicka return is still useful for skills like crit surge, defensive rune and dark deal. We would also be able to then benefit from the expert summoner as well. Right now however I think the clanfear is too costly for stam sorcs when we factor in needing to conserve our magicka for other more important skills.

Passive, Expert Summoner: maybe have this apply to bound armor as well since it’s no longer a toggle. Would this not also fall in line with the tank role that bound armaments seems to be aiming for in some part?

Misc.: It would be nice to see some more stam morph in the dark magic line to have some options for skills like encase and shards, even mines would open up some interesting melee play styles. I’m just not sure what would end up being OP. I could easily see a stam morph of shards or mines put stam sorcs over the top in some respects.

Edited by Vapirko on April 24, 2018 9:19AM
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina morphs of the pets would be awesome.

Daedric Titan (ultimate to replace Summon Charged Atronach)
    Daedroth (replaces Unstable Clannfear)
    Daedric Spider (replaces Twilight Tormentor and shoots ranged poison)

Give them the same coding as the Dire Wolves from the Werewolf (they automatically respawn after death) because stamina characters can't shield them.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Give them the same coding as the Dire Wolves from the Werewolf (they automatically respawn after death) because stamina characters can't shield them.

Air atronach would be more appropriate than daedric titan, and making it an aoe morph would make sense as well.
    maxresdefault.jpg

Clannfear is fine, doesnt need to be changed to a daedroth (we already get a daedroth from the maw of the infernal set)

As for the twilight, perhaps a dremora archer to keep it as a ranged attacker.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »

Air atronach would be more appropriate than daedric titan, and making it an aoe morph would make sense as well.
    maxresdefault.jpg

Clannfear is fine, doesnt need to be changed to a daedroth (we already get a daedroth from the maw of the infernal set)

As for the twilight, perhaps a dremora archer to keep it as a ranged attacker.

An air atro would be awesome.
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just give the class a spammable. Its all it needs, obviously having passives that are usefull in every tree and a usefull class ult would be great.

My main issue is having my class defined by weapon skills only, hurricane is its only offensive class skill.
    Psn l---Salty---l

Patiently waiting to make a Stankcromancer.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this is a product of how the game was made in a shortsighted way initially, but why do we want non-magical (Stamina based) characters to be able to summon Daedra using stamina?

What is the point of magicka/stamina based characters if stamina characters are conjuring Daedra (using stamina specifically), magical hurricanes (using stamina somehow) and conjuring armor (again using stamina?).

I mean at some point you really have to wonder whether we should just drop the pretense.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    I know this is a product of how the game was made in a shortsighted way initially, but why do we want non-magical (Stamina based) characters to be able to summon Daedra using stamina?

What is the point of magicka/stamina based characters if stamina characters are conjuring Daedra (using stamina specifically), magical hurricanes (using stamina somehow) and conjuring armor (again using stamina?).

I mean at some point you really have to wonder whether we should just drop the pretense.

What’s the point of a specific class when it can’t live up to it‘s stereotype? A sorcerer is/ can be the summoning class. Full magicka with staves or leaning towards battlemage/ spellsword doesn’t matter. At the moment a stam sorc doesn’t really feel like a sorcerer at all.

Have you ever thought where a stam DK Stores it’s poison for claws/ breath or if he casts a poison spell? He even summons roots and turns people into stone - magickaly as a stamina dk. Stamplars conjure most of their class spells out of thin air, despite using stamina for it.

Point is, sometimes it’s more of a gameplay decision to have something count as stamina than it’s about „realism“.

However, I‘m not necessarily arguing for pet stam sorcs, but it would definitely bring flavour to a bland class.

An useful class ultimate and some kind of physical dmg besides hurricane would be great. Doesn’t matter if it’s a spam (imbued weapons could achieve that) or delayed dmg (curse? But both morphs already have their uses).
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on April 25, 2018 6:28AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What’s the point of a specific class when it can’t live up to it‘s stereotype? A sorcerer is/ can be the summoning class. Full magicka with staves or leaning towards battlemage/ spellsword doesn’t matter. At the moment a stam sorc doesn’t really feel like a sorcerer at all.

Have you ever thought where a stam DK Stores it’s poison for claws/ breath or if he casts a poison spell? He even summons roots and turns people into stone - magickaly as a stamina dk. Stamplars conjure most of their class spells out of thin air, despite using stamina for it.

Point is, sometimes it’s more of a gameplay decision to have something count as stamina than it’s about „realism“.

However, I‘m not necessarily arguing for pet stam sorcs, but it would definitely bring flavour to a bland class.

An useful class ultimate and some kind of physical dmg besides hurricane would be great. Doesn’t matter if it’s a spam (imbued weapons could achieve that) or delayed dmg (curse? But both morphs already have their uses).

Imbue wpns is not going to be very useful to stam. The magicka morph is great for mag and deals 6k extra mag damage but the stam morph just heals for like 15% of the damage caused. Stam is getting shafted next patch. The psijic line and passives are crazy strong for magicka.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not every passive needs to be useful for Stam and magica.

No class has passives that are useufl for both (except maybe warden come to think of it....)

All Stam sorc needs to be honest is a proper spammable, especially for pvp.

To be honest, I remember Stan sorc when you used boundless storm, had no passives which helped you asn meteor was your ult of choice - so Stam sorc is amazing now compared to wait it was. I would love a spammable though.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

No class has passives that are useufl for both (except maybe warden come to think of it....)

All Stam sorc needs to be honest is a proper spammable, especially for pvp.

To be honest, I remember Stan sorc when you used boundless storm, had no passives which helped you asn meteor was your ult of choice - so Stam sorc is amazing now compared to wait it was. I would love a spammable though.

You’re absolutely right, it doesn’t need much but it needs something. Just trying to figure out not over the top ways to breath a little life into the class.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice ideas but pets are not my thing

I would rather have something that helps stamsorc mobility

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    Nice ideas but pets are not my thing

I would rather have something that helps stamsorc mobility

Stam sorcs are pretty good on mobility. And thanks to crit surge and hurricane we can play medium easier than other classes. The pet might just be fun :)
    Edited by Vapirko on April 25, 2018 8:48AM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

*cough* nightblades *cough*
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*cough* nightblades *cough*

Plus mag sorcs benefit from quite a few more passives than stam sorcs. All the Stam Sorc useful passives benefit mag sorc but not the other way around. I also think most or all Templar passives can benefit stam or mag.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or maybe hybrids should be allowed to thrive by decoupling maximum resources with maximum damage. Then you could have a hybrid sorcerer with half damage in magical abilities and half in stamina abilities.

Like I said in my first post, ZoS didn't think about how classes were going to play out while trying to keep the "Health, Magicka, Stamina" bars from the single player games a thing. So now we have skills that make no sense from the aspect of the Elder Scrolls series.

Maybe they should just drop the Stamina, Magicka divide and everyone just use "Power", lol.