Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lost 500 crowns in game after starting SummerSet Isle Beta

ShowCory
ShowCory
Soul Shriven
So i just started the Summerset Isle closed Beta and notice that i am missing 5000 crowns, Dungeons that i had completed before are no longer done and shows unfinished in my Achievements page, along with items that i had crafted and weapons research that i had done is all gone what.... i am at a loss what do i do
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The PTS and live servers are two completely different instances. You have lost nothing. It's just an old copy on the PTS.

Create a template char and you have most everything you need. Nothing you do on the PTS will have any influence on what happens on live servers.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PTS has a copy of your characters, anything you have on the Live megaserver is fine. Crowns, achievements, etc. are all safe and sound.

It's basically ZOS copying over your data so you can screw around with/break stuff, but nothing matters on PTS.
  • ShowCory
    ShowCory
    Soul Shriven
    OH GOD THANK YOU, i was seriously worried for a sec, now when it moves to the live server will i go back to my original character, and/or will things that i accomplish on PTS transfer over so i don't have to do them over again
    this is my first time on the PTS if you couldn't tell
    Edited by ShowCory on April 24, 2018 1:16AM
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nope. What you do on PTS stays on PTS. Until it's deleted that is.
  • ShowCory
    ShowCory
    Soul Shriven
    so all the missions i do and stuff i buy won't roll over to my live server then huh.... well that's a bummer
    anyway you guys are awesome thanks a million, I'm off to break this game now
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    ShowCory wrote: »
    so all the missions i do and stuff i buy won't roll over to my live server then huh.... well that's a bummer
    anyway you guys are awesome thanks a million, I'm off to break this game now

Bummer? No, it's freedom! Check out the Crown Store, everything is like one crown, even the huge homes and the crafting stations to put in them. Assistants, costumes, everything must go! One crown, you buy?

Do crazy things, gear up like gold is going out of fashion, or explore naked to see how long you last. Nothing on PTS is real, for good or ill, it all goes away pretty fast and no more affects your live account than cutting up a cheap color printout of a photo of the Mona Lisa would harm the actual painting. You can delete characters to make room for others, make new ones or use the template to get one with All the Stuff, tweak builds, your gold and crowns reset daily I believe.

(Caveat: applies to game mechanics only. Your real account could be impacted if you socially behaved in ways to get banned in game or if you breached the very limited NDA for this PTS).
  • Pwoo
    Pwoo
    ✭✭✭
    Slightly off-topic but does anyone have any idea when they're gonna make a copy of EU characters?
    PC EU - @Pwooo in game - chronic crafting writ doer
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Peebuzzle wrote: »
    Slightly off-topic but does anyone have any idea when they're gonna make a copy of EU characters?

"EU character copy will be in 2 weeks (on May 7)."

per this post: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5076405/#Comment_5076405
  • Pwoo
    Pwoo
    ✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Peebuzzle wrote: »

"EU character copy will be in 2 weeks (on May 7)."

per this post: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5076405/#Comment_5076405

Oh thanks! I missed it when I read the patch notes.
    PC EU - @Pwooo in game - chronic crafting writ doer
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShowCory wrote: »
    OH GOD THANK YOU, i was seriously worried for a sec, now when it moves to the live server will i go back to my original character, and/or will things that i accomplish on PTS transfer over so i don't have to do them over again
    this is my first time on the PTS if you couldn't tell

The purpose of the PTS isn’t to get a head start on your progress in soon-to-be-released content; it’s to test the new content and report bugs. Everything you do on the PTS stays on the PTS.