The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A Petty Request for Belts - Hip Flaps in General

Avran_Sylt
Avran_Sylt
✭✭✭✭✭
Make Hip Flaps dependent on the Waist Motif instead of the Chest Piece Motif

It'll allow players to pick which hip flaps, or lack of hip flaps, they like. While not sacrificing much, as belts aren't visibly that discernible anyway.
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please.
    So many great chest motifs ruined by flappy bits.
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Omg I love this thread so much!
    Who was it anyway, that said all armour needs to have awkward looking hip flaps, so even the cool styles look kinda bad.
    Probaly the same inspired mind that gave us cost poisons, procsets and zaan...
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would definitely be nice.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as there still remained Belt options without any flaps then I'm very much behind this.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Tempestwrath
    Tempestwrath
    ✭✭✭
    I saw this over in PTS and thought it was a fantastic idea. This is definitely worth some consideration and makes the "belt" slot make a lot more sense.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    As long as there still remained Belt options without any flaps then I'm very much behind this.

yes, THIS.

some of the chest pieces are so nice.... except hip flaps. why. WHY?
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't understand people's obsession with this. The only ones that are really bad are the Khajiiti ones.
  • Eyro
    Eyro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tyrobag wrote: »
    I don't understand people's obsession with this. The only ones that are really bad are the Khajiiti ones.

Unless of course you sheath your weapons into your hip flaps. Then they all look bad.
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This makes a lot of sense. Just reading the pages for many Belt motifs they explicitly describe the belt AND the tassets, which means they are part of the belt and not the chest.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

That would be the assumption. Choose a belt that has no hip-flaps (Mazzatun seems an obvious choice), and you're golden.
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would consider this a huge QOL change. There are some cool hip adornments (Breton light, Assassins League heavy) that I'd love to mix and match with other chest pieces.
  • Sekero
    Sekero
    ✭✭✭
    Good idea, OP, but add the crotch and bum flaps to the belt, too.