Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

so... trains are still a thing, knew it wouldnt be solved. because specific abilities still...

dsalter
dsalter
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
this plague will NEVER be cured until the one tool every one of them uses is removed.
AoE abilities that stick to the user when cast.
i'm talking destro ult morph, proximity detonation, etc.
these kind of abilities will ALWAYS benefit the zerg more than any other ability, even chain single target skills are harder for a zerg to fully utilize because they have to go on the same target or throw in other abilities.
until they rework these sort of abilities, you will never start snuffing out the plague of trains.
Edited by dsalter on April 23, 2018 5:33PM
PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How would you travel without trains tho?
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

ride NB's like bikes of course, i mean they are the fastest land critter in eso.

but basically these abilities enable such a cheesy way of play that ruins any sort of fun for those not part of a bigger one.
    big groups are fine, i'v tagged along for several non-train big groups, the fighting is fantastic, then enter the aoe trains... everyone gets wiped out in seconds and you cant stop the blob from consuming everyone because they just mash everything in a ball so they never fall, and the range counter parts of their tools are awful because they will purge spam and carry on.

you cant fight this disease unless you yourself are utilizing it, thats horrific game logic.
    Edited by dsalter on April 23, 2018 5:48PM
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

• TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »
    this plague will NEVER be cured until the one tool every one of them uses is removed.
    these kind of abilities will ALWAYS benefit the zerg more than any other ability, even chain single target skills are harder for a zerg to fully utilize because they have to go on the same target or throw in other abilities.
    until they rework these sort of abilities, you will never start snuffing out the plague of trains.

If AoEs act like Prox Det I feel these sorts of problems would be mitigated. A grenade is most effective in the middle of a group.
  • KRBMMO
    KRBMMO
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are talking about bot trains the solution would be to just have in-game GM's and a special "report bot" category. Followed by permabans.

If these are players actively at the controls I just can't get my head into the mentality. They just follow each other around for hours after hour pressing 1 or 2 buttons? OK, I can understand it if you PvE and are grinding CP just to get skills like caltrops unlocked but after that it just seems like the mot pointless unfun thing to do.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If AoEs act like Prox Det I feel these sorts of problems would be mitigated. A grenade is most effective in the middle of a group.

possible but only if ranged, remember how not only bomb trains are a disease but so are bomb blades?
    nobody should be able to stack huge buffs on themselves, plant an AoE on oneself AND spam other stuff to hold you down or keep in range of the blob.
    neither should a blob have this sort of tool to wipe out mass amounts of people just by buffing and gap closing/running together.

inevitable detonation is on paper an amazing zerg buster, but its cast time as well as max scaling makes it shruggable to a zerg train due to purge spams and mutagen spammers, unless you can coordinate 8 people to do it together.

my solutions to these sort of sticky self AoEs is to rework them into being more ranged Area denials, instead of eye of the cheese storm, it would be territorial storm, covering 2x the regular area (but at the reduced rate of damage same as how current eye works) this would give it more impact on the pressure side.

prox det?
    change it to an echo bomb, if dispelled or exploded, will plant itself on 3 other people at x3 the damage+player multiplier.
    this will force them to no longer just spam dispels without worry because this will actually mess with them and cause a ripple that would blow up their entire blob in seconds of careless purges.
    inevitable just needs to be instant since the purge detonate is still decent just by the time you cast another they'v already healed through the first explosion, maybe amp up the scaling slightly.

these are just simple suggestions but i feel something needs to be done before people just give up knowing the plague of trains will win

• orim
    orim
    ✭✭✭
    -nerf bloodforge
    -nerf aoe heals
    -make inevitable detoanation insta cast
    -change vicious death - when you die deal 20k oblivion damage in 5m radius
    edit:
    -make negate PVP related Ulti -no class
    -proxy det cast time 1,5sec
    -purge spam protection like with sorc strike
    -ban lag creating and gaming experience destroying groups
    Edited by orim on April 23, 2018 8:47PM
    Fixing lags since beta
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    orim wrote: »
    -nerf bloodforge
    -nerf aoe heals
    -make inevitable detoanation insta cast
    -change vicious death - when you die deal 20k oblivion damage in 5m radius

the only AoE heal a train uses is purge, and it aint for healing, well generally.
    vicious death is interesting but not exactly fun having to kamakazi to stop the trains

• Sarjako
    Sarjako
    ✭✭✭

I agree. How do you travel without a train?
    XBX1 NA
    Healplar / StamDK-Tank / Stamblade / Magblade
    CP 810
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sarjako wrote: »

already answered this ;)

• Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarjako wrote: »

Agreed. More destro trains!
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

possible but only if ranged, remember how not only bomb trains are a disease but so are bomb blades?
    nobody should be able to stack huge buffs on themselves, plant an AoE on oneself AND spam other stuff to hold you down or keep in range of the blob.
    neither should a blob have this sort of tool to wipe out mass amounts of people just by buffing and gap closing/running together.

inevitable detonation is on paper an amazing zerg buster, but its cast time as well as max scaling makes it shruggable to a zerg train due to purge spams and mutagen spammers, unless you can coordinate 8 people to do it together.

my solutions to these sort of sticky self AoEs is to rework them into being more ranged Area denials, instead of eye of the cheese storm, it would be territorial storm, covering 2x the regular area (but at the reduced rate of damage same as how current eye works) this would give it more impact on the pressure side.

prox det?
    change it to an echo bomb, if dispelled or exploded, will plant itself on 3 other people at x3 the damage+player multiplier.
    this will force them to no longer just spam dispels without worry because this will actually mess with them and cause a ripple that would blow up their entire blob in seconds of careless purges.
    inevitable just needs to be instant since the purge detonate is still decent just by the time you cast another they'v already healed through the first explosion, maybe amp up the scaling slightly.

these are just simple suggestions but i feel something needs to be done before people just give up knowing the plague of trains will win

I mean they should hit for very little and build strength as more people enter the AoE, ground based effects are fine imo.
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭

ride NB's like bikes of course, i mean they are the fastest land critter in eso.

You are not smart, you forgot about Stamsorcs, they are much faster. Ride them.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are not smart, you forgot about Stamsorcs, they are much faster. Ride them.

I bet you all ride orcs with no handle bars.
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the reason that you got rolled by 30 people when playing solo is because proxy det follows the caster.

Otherwise you would've wrecked that zerg.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the reason that you got rolled by 30 people when playing solo is because proxy det follows the caster.

Needs lol button
  • Grampa_Smurf
    Grampa_Smurf
    ✭✭✭
    orim wrote: »
    --change vicious death - when you die deal 20k oblivion damage in 5m radius
    edit:

Just have it do the 20k oblivion on your or there death would be great, either way it would go off and make it like proxy det the more players it hits the more damage it does.

Life isn't measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

one, i dont run pox i run inevitable and bomb from the walls, and 2, technically this is correct because pox does less damage when you are mowed over and they'v mostly gone past your body.

• Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess the sarcasm wasn't thick enough.
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as players decide to go that way, this scurge won't leave, ever. I am afraid, ZoS can't do anything about this...
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vilestride wrote: »
    I guess the sarcasm wasn't thick enough.

I don't know about that . I'm still trying to get it off the spoon .

ckxR1js.gif