The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

StamDK has only 2 stamina costing skills. Out all all the stamina class skills IT IS THE WORST.

GeorgeBlack
GeorgeBlack
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Have you ever though maybe Ill just unslot this cool skill.
What did you replace it with?
Edited by GeorgeBlack on April 22, 2018 7:09PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well i'd only unslot it if i could replace it with something better.

So it was a tough choice, because literally every other skill in the game fits that criteria.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

So it was a tough choice, because literally every other skill in the game fits that criteria.

What did you replace it with when you unsloted it?
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

FoO, but that was a long long time ago.

This is my current Stam DK build:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUnLvk9MmWg
    Edited by Thogard on April 22, 2018 3:57AM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I saw that some time ago. Smiled and then said a few things about Zos that I cant post.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I think slotting magelight might actually be a better choice.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nox Breath is an armor debuff....Why would you not slot a Dot+Armor Debuff when you're most likely running Heroic Slash.

• tannips
    tannips
    ✭✭✭
    I’d love to run noxious on my stam dk but at the moment the hit box on it is real wonky and easily misses if the person you’re targeting isn’t stunned/locked down. I swapped it out for ransack since it’s cheaper, applies major fracture, and is a nice spammable
    PC | NA
    REGICIDE Guildmaster
    #StamWhip
    YouTube
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Nox Breath is an armor debuff....Why would you not slot a Dot+Armor Debuff when you're most likely running Heroic Slash.

its hotbox is garbage
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Noxious breath is a good skill. It provides aoe fracture and when paired up with an aoe, can help boost dmg a good amount. It also snares the targets. Follow up the fracture with cleave and reverse slice or steel tornado.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should be renamed to Obnoxious Breath because its "hitbox" is driving me crazy.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh wow this is the first time I actually see your irl look. You most definitely don’t look like what I’d imagined. Don’t mean any offense or anything, just a fun fact from my side.
  • montjie
    montjie
    ✭✭✭

because its expensive af, the dot is negligible and like others said the hitbox is troublesome
    id much rather have evil hunter in its place and use pierce armor for the fracture
    - easy farmable saltbucket -
    - retired QQ king of Daggerfall Covenant PC-EU Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/weird dragon name/Ravenwatch zone chat -
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So we agree that out of all stamina costing morphs of class skills, Noxious Breath which is only one of the 2 dk has, while all other classes have at least 3,
    IS CRAP.

Buff noxious breath.
    Buff stamDK
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lmao how did you stay serious in that video
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »

Oh wow this is the first time I actually see your irl look. You most definitely don’t look like what I’d imagined. Don’t mean any offense or anything, just a fun fact from my side.

Umm.. thanks? I think...

Mihael wrote: »
    Lmao how did you stay serious in that video

I’ve been laughing at my Stam DK for so long now that it was easy for me to hide it for 15 minutes while recording ;)

• montjie
    montjie
    ✭✭✭
    So we agree that out of all stamina costing morphs of class skills, Noxious Breath which is only one of the 2 dk has, while all other classes have at least 3,
    IS CRAP.

Buff noxious breath.
    Buff stamDK

Meh i wouldnt say its crap..just underwhelming
    - retired QQ king of Daggerfall Covenant PC-EU Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/weird dragon name/Ravenwatch zone chat -
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    montjie wrote: »
    IS CRAP.

Buff noxious breath.
    Buff stamDK

No, it’s crap.

That dot is the weakest dot I’ve ever seen in the game.

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IS CRAP.

Buff noxious breath.
    Buff stamDK

No, it’s crap.

That dot is the weakest dot I’ve ever seen in the game.

I can't decide on that yet. Brawler dot is also very weak but its a bleed and brawler gives you a shield per targets hit. I need to do some testings on that.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on April 22, 2018 10:11PM
  • montjie
    montjie
    ✭✭✭
    Dot is just part of the ability.
    I agree the dot is nothing to write home about. But the ability itself still beats most stealth counters for one.
    And even though it being a somewhat non reliable feat. The aoe fracture still can have its place in combat.

Its just too expensive in combination with heroic slash for solo players imo for what it delivers.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dot is just part of the ability.
    I agree the dot is nothing to write home about. But the ability itself still beats most stealth counters for one.
    And even though it being a somewhat non reliable feat. The aoe fracture still can have its place in combat.

Its just too expensive in combination with heroic slash for solo players imo for what it delivers.

for offensive purposes flames of oblivion outdamages it heavily. and the %10 crit just for slotting it is very useful considering it both helps your heal ticks and your damage output. and 2k magicka is very cheap for what it does.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This video made me die a little on the inside. I know I could take my bs,7th,ww hide
    setup off my Stamdk and have a lot more success on a warden but I just can't do that. Feels bad man.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

because its expensive af, the dot is negligible and like others said the hitbox is troublesome
    id much rather have evil hunter in its place and use pierce armor for the fracture

And i'd rather run an aoe dot with fracture and get a skill that applies a snare/damage debuff and gives me ult...

so *shrug*

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i so wanna use talons on my stam dk...really hard to sustain it though...i slot and unslot it a lot...

already using magicka on spiked armor and dragon blood...

such a great pvp move...can't spam it like a mag dk though...

Edit: oh yeah, for me I remove talons and slot venomous claw...
    Edited by geonsocal on April 23, 2018 3:44AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edit:wrong thread
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on April 23, 2018 3:22AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

hmmmm, you sounded and looked exactly as I would of imagined :o

read your comment somewhere about having a log including opponents names - holy cow...i imagine you have game data for days...

your dedication to your gaming hobby humbles me :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

hmmmm, you sounded and looked exactly as I would of imagined :o

read your comment somewhere about having a log including opponents names - holy cow...i imagine you have game data for days...

your dedication to your gaming hobby humbles me :)

Kill Counter addon is OP!! :)

• montjie
    montjie
    ✭✭✭

And i'd rather run an aoe dot with fracture and get a skill that applies a snare/damage debuff and gives me ult...

so *shrug*

To each its own I guess but I find it extremely difficult to sustain 1vX situations with those abilities. Especially with those resource draining poisons in play.
    Single target maim is pretty much useless when you get bashed on by 2+ enemies imo.
    I get my snare from stampede and my ult regen already is crazy high on my build. So yeah the higher sustainability is the way to go for me.