Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you feel bad that highrock and valenwood got no room to expand?

Lyserus
Lyserus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I am sad that high rock and valenwood are fully discovered in vanilla...it means there won't be breton or bosmer scene dlc/expansion while other provinces still have lots of potential.

https://youtu.be/wJU_pSTbFoI

Especially after watching this I realize none of the supposely city states in high rock have majestic castles, valenwood at least have eldenroot.

Only part left of high rock is the direnni tower and it's probably more altmer scene than breton
  • asuitandtyb14_ESO
    asuitandtyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I offer another way to look at it: these nations/people got properly realized in vanilla. Maybe not to the proper size that you would get in a TES game, but nonetheless a respectable size. The rest of Tamriel will take years, and most likely never happen. The places and peoples that are getting completed post-release are being done quite poorly, in a manner disappointing to their unrealized potential. So be happy if your nation got properly done in vanilla!
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a bit disappointed that High Rock is so small a lot of places had to be left off the map. I'm not suggesting it should be the same size it was in Daggerfall, that would be absurd and not at all practical without a procedurally generated map, but it would be nice if it was a bit bigger. But I think the only difference between getting it in the base game or getting it in an expansion is that we didn't have to wait as long for the base game areas.

Similarly I don't like how Valenwood is presented, it doesn't look anything like the descriptions in the various in-game books. It's too open, too many clearly marked (even paved) roads and too many permanent, stone cities. But again that wouldn't be fixed by leaving a chunk of it out of the base game only to add in later. A lot of people have pointed out that much of Summerset doesn't fit the descriptions we've been given either.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think three zones for each of them is more than enough.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • asuitandtyb14_ESO
    asuitandtyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    I'm a bit disappointed that High Rock is so small a lot of places had to be left off the map. I'm not suggesting it should be the same size it was in Daggerfall, that would be absurd and not at all practical without a procedurally generated map, but it would be nice if it was a bit bigger. But I think the only difference between getting it in the base game or getting it in an expansion is that we didn't have to wait as long for the base game areas.

Similarly I don't like how Valenwood is presented, it doesn't look anything like the descriptions in the various in-game books. It's too open, too many clearly marked (even paved) roads and too many permanent, stone cities. But again that wouldn't be fixed by leaving a chunk of it out of the base game only to add in later. A lot of people have pointed out that much of Summerset doesn't fit the descriptions we've been given either.

I agree with you. I think a lot of the zones are very poor translations of what the lore described. I don't think that's what the OP was discussing though.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well there's still the Island of Balfiera, with the Adamantine/Direnni Tower, which could be added to High Rock.

Though I am a bit disappointed that a few "famous" locations from Daggerfall didn't make it to Online: Privateer's Hold, Gothway Garden and the Rusty Ogre Lodge
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well that put every TES game and TESO to shame. lol. Seriously, they have no funding really, and ZOS has tons of funding and a huge team and then we get a barren Summerset pretty much? Compared to this, that is....disappointing.