The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Would you play other races if passives weren't a factor?

• Delta1038
    Delta1038
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I do not care about racial passives either way, I play Bretons cause I like their culture and identity far more than any other race. That is it.
    Xbox One NA
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Under my breton armour is an imperial, not a breton nobleman.
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other: Please specify
    I play nord because they are tall...that's it
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ve built charecters of every race but they mostly end up deleted, only the two female Nords remain. Maxed out they remind me of my wife, I still think she would kick there arse though B)
    Edited by Integral1900 on April 21, 2018 10:34AM
  • asuitandtyb14_ESO
    asuitandtyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who cares about passives? I already choose my race/specie without considering the passive.
  • Princess_Ciri
    Princess_Ciri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    High Elves and Redguards are the best races anyway, I'm just lucky they're bis too :)
    GM and raid leader of Hot Girls Play DPS, the cutest guild EU
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No , all my characters are Khajiit and always will stay Khajiit .
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't pick the characters race because of the passives, so it wouldn't make any difference to me.

It might slightly influence the type of build I give them, if some of the passives sound interesting or useful, but even then it's only if it still fits into my overall theme for the character.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I currently play as a dunmer main, three bosmer chars and one altmer. I like the races and their passives, and wouldn't change if passives didn't play a role.
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc best orc strong. Even if all races same orc still best. This fact
    Orsimer follow puny god who got eaten. Orsimer dumb dumb. Big smash no brain.
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I want my orc to be shorter and look like an imperial
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I play magic wood elves and I play stamina wood elves. Don't consider other races. After all, Bosmer are BiS for cute.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    I am an argonian, and my answer is no.
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'd love to make my characters different races, but Redguard and Altmer (passives) are just too good to pass up.
    Edited by N00BxV1 on April 21, 2018 2:10PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Racial passives are only a critical factor for the 1% that follow min/max builds. Most play according to their own preferences, sometimes that includes consideration of passives etc, sometimes not. I have an assortment of characters of most races, in fact Orcs and Argonians are the only ones I don't play because I'm not so keen on their looks, it's nothing to do with their passives.

Thinking about the poll options some more, they're a tad confusing. I should probably have voted "No" as I suspect that the "Yes" option was about whether you'd play a different race to the one you chose if passives weren't important, whereas I initially took it to mean that I would play any race regardless of passives.
    Edited by Tandor on April 21, 2018 2:41PM
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do it already. Khajiits sorc healer ftw
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I choose races only based on lore. Gimme dunmer and imperial and forget about the rest.
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Would love to play some different races, but most of my magicka toons are altmers because the passives are too good to pass up.
  • LegendaryOaks
    LegendaryOaks
    ✭✭✭
    No
    If passives weren't a factor then i would only play one race
    Full Time Shitposter
  • kimaeril
    kimaeril
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Altmers are my favorite race to play. I have 10 characters, 7 are Altmers and 3 are Dunmers. I prefer Magicka based builds but have played my Altmers as Stamina based as well so passives aren't a big thing for me.
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I've always played an altmer in the single-player games and mostly do in ESO, as well. I've experimented a little with other races, but they were never quite as satisfying. Bretons were too short to reach the books on the top shelves of my Morrowind bookcases and too low-risk for my taste.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's the opposite, i would play my race whatever the passives, but i'd like the passives of other race
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • ilikepickles
    ilikepickles
    ✭✭✭
    I only really play Khajit or Dunmer in the rest of the series, and it's the same here. I don't really feel like going out of my way for racial passives. Ruins the joy.

I'll try to get the most out of racials for a char, but I won't pick a race just for the passives.
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't pick my races based on passives. I pick what I like to play.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They just need to give the Nord passives a bit of mead love.
  • ZioGio
    ZioGio
    ✭✭✭
    I don't tend to min/max so I play the race I want (aesthetics, lore) and either embrace their passives or ignore them.
    PC NA
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    This one would only play Khajiits, but as he puts the safety and convenience of others above his own need for roleplay, he plays what is most efficient to help the team.
    Esse quam videri.
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nope.
    Once a Breton, always a Breton.
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    I don't pick the characters race because of the passives, so it wouldn't make any difference to me.

It might slightly influence the type of build I give them, if some of the passives sound interesting or useful, but even then it's only if it still fits into my overall theme for the character.

This. I pick for looks and lore and rp potential even though I never seem to RP in ESO, and then proceed to, inevitably, pick the absolute worst choice of stam/mag for whatever class I am. I'm not a min-maxer, I'm a minner. :) It just works out that way for me in any game system, what looks most fun is usually least efficient.
  • Sting864
    Sting864
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play the Ghul race. *looks at passives. They all say badass. I dps , tank and heal harder than any other race on ESO. *whispers* At the same time...*ends gloat*

There's a delusional race in ESO??
    I chose Bosmer because I like bacon.... so the Green Pact was for me.... Besides, feasting on my enemies is healthy, right??