The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Bug Report for the Bug Report System

feyii
feyii
✭✭✭✭
I just posted a bug ingame and wanted to attach a screenshot, since in that case pictures explain the problem much easier than words. Since the automatic screenshot that can be attached was - as in most cases - not really useful, I went to the website and opened my ticket under my support, knowing I could attach additional screenshots there. However, when on the ticket, I get the message that the ticket can't be reopened (plus, I can't add anything else to it) and if I still have problems, I should open another ticket :(
When the ticket page opens, I can see the original text area for additional feedback for a bit (my internet connection is currently slow), before they get hidden and the closed message appears instead.

Btw. this was the screenshot I wanted to attach... as you can see this woman (Atazha, a guild trader in Vivec City) has some problems with her arms:

jz9FDjY.jpg
Edited by feyii on April 19, 2018 5:27PM
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    feyii wrote: »
    I just posted a bug ingame and wanted to attach a screenshot, since in that case pictures explain the problem much easier than words. Since the automatic screenshot that can be attached was - as in most cases - not really useful, I went to the website and opened my ticket under my support, knowing I could attach additional screenshots there. ....
    When you use /bug > Feedback to report a bug, and check the "Attach Screenshot" option at the bottom of the text report box, the screenshot which will be attached is the most recent screenshot which you made. That is, it is the last file listed when you look in the folder ...\Users\UserAccountName\My Documents\The Elder Scrolls Online\live\Screenshots.

Frankly, although the software displays a dialog which discloses the Ticket Number (or "Case Number") for such a report, I seldom write it down for further reference, or attempt to find it online. ZOS only acknowledges the report if and when they need further information.

However, if you want to attach a different screenshot after submitting a report, or want to submit two or more screenshots, then use the <F1> Customer Support icon and select option to Ask For Help. You cannot attach a screenshot to that request, but ZOS will reply to your e-mail address, with the ticket number, and you can access it to upload one or more screenshots afterward.
    Btw. this was the screenshot I wanted to attach... as you can see this woman (Atazha, a guild trader in Vivec City) has some problems with her arms:

< image deleted from quote by Shadowshire >
    Yes, the horizontal wood timber behind the woman is "clipping" into the character's image. By the way, if you ever use the Housing Editor to furnish a Homestead, then you must take care in placing items so that the background doesn't become part of the furnishing in the foreground. :wink:

Edited by Shadowshire on April 21, 2018 1:17AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know how the bug report system is supposed to work. I have used it multiple times before. Hence this bug report, because it is not working as it used to ;)

And there is nothing clipping through the NPC, her arms are simply not attached to the body, so you can see the background through the resulting hole.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know how the bug report system is supposed to work. I have used it multiple times before. Hence this bug report, because it is not working as it used to ;)
    Yes, I know what you mean. <sigh>
    And there is nothing clipping through the NPC, her arms are simply not attached to the body, so you can see the background through the resulting hole.
    You say 2-may-toe, I say 2-mah-toe. It depends upon how you interpret what you see, and why you interpret it that way.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi