The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Poll] Non-Exclusive Motif Pages in Crown Crates (updated)

• supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like exclusive motif pages in Crown Crates.
    I am really pleased with this decision and I think the choice of activity which you need to do is a great idea.. love it...
  • Kybotica
    Kybotica
    ✭✭✭
    Istoppucks wrote: »
    Kybotica wrote: »
    Also, @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom :

Can we get some sort of recognition that this is being looked into? It is obvious between this topic and this one (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/407188/pyandonean-maormer-motif/p8) that the vast majority of those here do not like this concept.

The people on the forums are NOT the "vast majority" you have 300 votes lol those complaining are the VOCAL MINORITY that is just a fact with every single video game forum ever created. Every developer is aware of this.

Sure every now and then an issue comes up that those in the forums complain enough about an the situation gets adjusted, but unfortunately in this case they have data that shows more than 300 people buy crates. You guys have 300 people in here throwing a fit its the same 300 who jump on every complain thread this is video game forum 101 in 2018.

Thinking 300 votes is the "vast majority " of players in this game is rather funny.

Your reading comprehension could use some work. I very clearly stated "the vast majority of those here". I can break that down for you: the vast majority: the group which contains more members than all others in a given sample of those here: the people present in this specific location, AKA this particular thread/poll and the thread I linked.

To summarize, the vast majority of those posting and responding to the two topics in question are against this concept.

Don't know how much clearer I could have been.
    M'iaq the Honest- PC/NA
    EP Khajiit Nightblade
    Guild of Shadows
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kybotica wrote: »
    Also, @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom :

Can we get some sort of recognition that this is being looked into? It is obvious between this topic and this one (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/407188/pyandonean-maormer-motif/p8) that the vast majority of those here do not like this concept.

The people on the forums are NOT the "vast majority" you have 300 votes lol those complaining are the VOCAL MINORITY that is just a fact with every single video game forum ever created. Every developer is aware of this.

Sure every now and then an issue comes up that those in the forums complain enough about an the situation gets adjusted, but unfortunately in this case they have data that shows more than 300 people buy crates. You guys have 300 people in here throwing a fit its the same 300 who jump on every complain thread this is video game forum 101 in 2018.

Thinking 300 votes is the "vast majority " of players in this game is rather funny.

Look, we wouldn't have gotten even this many votes one way or the other if the "vocal minority" wasn't mostly agreeing, which is an accurate representation of a larger whole that would likely do the same.
    That is the purpose of a poll. It estimates the overall position of the population based on a random sample of the population.

If you want to argue against that, well I bet you don't vote in any election then because your vote in that "poll" is not representative of the population either.

And FYI, we were right. They listened.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Violynne wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »
    Not everyone has to agree with what I feel on this and that's why the poll is done in the least biased way I could.
    Trying to have a conversation with anyone who believes Crown Crates are "just for fun" is futile. True, it's their money and they can do whatever they want, but I draw the line when these people have zero clue how their actions affect the game.

This is absolute proof what happens when whales complain.

Instead of ZoS actively making up for the disappointment Crown Crate purchasers have experienced, they instead add a new system which is wholly designed to take further advantage of them.

It's well known the Radiant Apex rewards account for less than 1% chance of success. Anyone who believes these new motifs won't be behind this same 1% is someone who deserves to lose their money.

This isn't a "We heard your feedback" moment. This is a "Suckers. Now we really know how to hook you" moment.

But hey, it's not my money I'm throwing away, so let the whales have their "fun".

As for the rest of us who'll never be able to get this motif (which I'm sure will also be bound on pickup), screw us. We don't matter.
    I'm open to engagement and I think it's better to hear peoples views, I just have yet to hear a compelling argument for why Crown Crates are better for the consumer.

Yes you get "more" but most of that is fluff stuff which isn't worth the crowns you paid (consumables). I would be fine with a system where they sold crate items individually at fixed prices (they can go crazy and make radiant mount £50 if they want) but offer people crates as a grab bag of current season crown store items.

Once again this would be actual consumer choice in how we spend our money.
    10-15 years ago video game forums of all kinds were a place gamers could share opinion and ideas without fear of the mob mentality present today.

No, I've been in online games and their forums for over 20 years and they've always been the same people just the degenerates have become much more vocal in shouting others down and telling them "deal with it and stop complaining" when anybody questions the developers or anything else we could call "constructive criticism".

And FYI, the players of these games are the ones that made the forums bad through the same method that causes anything in life to go bad....the nicer people avoid conflict so they keep their mouths shut while the loud mouth bad people shout them down all because they only think of the short term conflict it would cause. They need to speak up in the short term to avoid long term consequences which are bad for all people, like the game shutting down.

Stop complaining about us complaining. You're just doing the same thing we are so you have no right to tell us not to or you would have to stop. Ironic.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reposting my main posts from the other thread, after Gina's latest post, as I think it sums it up well:
    Hi everyone,

We appreciate everyone’s continued feedback and thoughts on this topic, and understand the concerns you have. As such, we will add the ability to obtain the Pyandonean Motif Chapters through fishing, as well as in the Psijic Vault Crown Crate. As the Maormer are also known as the Sea Elves, it’s fitting that you’ll find these Motif Chapters while fishing in and around Summerset Isle. The plan is to implement this change in the next week or two on the PTS, so it will be in-game when Update 18 launches and the Pisjic Vault Crown Crates become available to those who pre-purchased the Summerset Chapter.

Thanks again for taking the time to let us know your thoughts, everyone, and we’re excited to have you try out the in-game component on the PTS very soon.

Let's just hope this teaches your company a lesson that helps you avoid future issues with us.

Also, can we please stop the limited time availability of items in the crown store?
    Go with a model like Steam, who you partner with to offer the game, where everything is always available but they have limited time "sales" to get the people who are willing and able to wait and paying attention to the game news or logging in to see the sales.
    That's a much smarter option because you get more money over time as many people either miss the items entirely as it is now or do not have the money to spare at that specific time, but would spend otherwise.

FYI, you really need more discount sales on items and/or crowns. Your prices are still too insanely high so I avoid spending on most things. It has to be "my absolute favorite" for me to buy something as your prices seem to be going up from what was already barely reasonable 3 years ago.
    I'm still cautiously watching my footing on this "slippery slope". We're trying to walk up it and they want us to fall flat on our face, slide to the bottom and give up and accept whatever they are trying to sell us for however much they want to sell it for.

That has been my whole point of caution after the latest post by them here. "Great! Thanks ZOS, but I'm watching you." They still have a lot of work to do.

giphy.gif
  • MudkipKatana
    MudkipKatana
    ✭✭
    I'm fine with FULL Motif Books of IN GAME motifs being placed in crown crates

I'm fine with SEASONAL Crown Store exclusive Motifs

I am NOT fine with Crown CRATE exclusive Motifs, let alone a Motif that is split into fragments.

We already get enough garbage when opening crates as it is. The most useful part of opening crates, IMO is getting the Full Motif Books for Motifs that I simply don't feel like farming. Like when they put the Bouyant Armiger motif in the crates. I got that one pretty quick because after circling Vvardenfell for hours on end and opening several hundred chests, I never even found ONE page of that Motif. And with the 2018 Anniversary Event closed out, I found upwards of at least 5 pages of Bouyant Armiger that I was able to sell for a decently high price... Albeit less than half as much as what they worth when Morrowind was released. But as I was saying, most crown crate items are garbage. Costume based cosmetics lost all their value for me with the release of outfitting and while many of the mounts and pets are nice, they usually aren't worth the crowns you spend on them... (Except maybe low-key the Storm Atronach Wolf which I'm sad I never got to get... Got stuck with Atro Camel xD)

Idk, how to solve the Crown Crate issues personally. I think they're fine to have around. They're simply following a successful trend. None of the consumables in the game will ever give you an edge over other players aside from maybe how fast your mount runs or researching your traits faster but otherwise, it's all cosmetic. I think Crown Crate exclusive Motifs is going a little too far because Crown Crates don't usually come back around after their season is done, so once that Crate leaves, those Motifs are GONE, whereas at least Seasonal Exclusives come back around once a year. And since they're Crown Items, you can't Guild Store them either so other people can get them.
    Submit to the Argonian Master Race. Submit and be free.
  • WembleyOTG
    WembleyOTG
    ✭✭✭
    There is a post that they are going to add this motif to fishing rewards in summerset too,, so not only crown crates anymore

Edited by WembleyOTG on April 27, 2018 8:07PM