Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

IYO... What is the best 5-piece effect??

• DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sting864 wrote: »
    you might want to rephrase - effect can mean visually or it can mean best effect as most useful. And again usefulness depends on what you want to achieve.

I think it's well-worded... I don't think I said "most useful..." If you want "Best" for you to be performance or usefulness fine... Boring but fine...
    If I want my "Best" to be visual effect based... i.e.-- much more exciting IMO, BETTER...

Ambiguous is not well-worded.

Look, it has been clarified in posts what you meant. But "best effect" is vague and I had no idea you were referring to "visual effect" when I read that title. Yes, "most useful" has a clear meaning. That doesn't make "best effect" unambiguously mean "visual effect," so it was completely reasonable for someone to ask what you meant.

That being said, it is an entertaining thread topic.
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on April 20, 2018 1:31AM
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm... what are people not understanding about a "visual effect set?" What effect can you describe that SHOWS what happens rather than just telling me??

Well, that isn't the question in the subject.
    Shame on me for crediting the readers of my post for knowing things without holding their hands all the way through... I guess my next post has to start with the invention of the wheel... THAT won't be a wall of text.... :shrug:

Why are you blaming other people for your failure? All you need to add is a single word. 'Visual.' No need for a wall of text. No need for defensiveness. Just accept you didn't consider how other people who weren't you would understand your vague sentence. It is completely reasonable to ask what the 4-piece effect is of a set. Or the 5-piece.
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on April 20, 2018 1:39AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flynch wrote: »
    Flynch wrote: »
    Hmmm... what are people not understanding about a "visual effect set?" What effect can you describe that SHOWS what happens rather than just telling me??

Well the confusion stems from 'affect' usually being a verb that means to change or impact, and 'effect' which is normally a noun that means the result of a change or impact. The thread title points to 'effect'.

In your thread's body text though, 'effect' is neither of these and is instead a 'visual effect'. So it's easy to see where the crossed-wires come from!

OK... Come on.... I'll hold your hand... Look.... Do you see the word "affect" anywhere, besides in your post??? So, you had to make-up the presence of a word, so you could explain your confusion??

I ain't confused mate! I was explaining why others may be using the word 'effect' to define the result of a set's 'affect', rather than using 'effect' as you intended, which is a 'visual effect'.

Do you know what an affect is? It's a term from psychology, that has nothing to do with a 5pc set bonus.
    The OP didn't use the wrong word in his post, he simply didn't explain that he meant visual effects that result from a set proc and not the set bonus itself.

The meaning of "affect" should not have affected this discussion. It's introduction to the thread was something of an affectation, and has made this thread less effective in effecting comprehension.
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I care for performance more then flashiness, afterall it;s performance that will kill the boss, it's performance that will actually get you something, and not just in game.

But if it also looks good while you are at it's then it's a +
    so valkin skoria proc effect looks, good, most monster sets procs looks good,
    Edited by JinMori on April 20, 2018 2:03AM
  • CurlyQTip
    CurlyQTip
    ✭✭✭
    The real true ultimate 5p set is the deadric trickery

if you don't have this in all gold and all slots then you're not experiencing the true meta
    Signatures are for losers
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lich.
    It's five piece allows me to wear the resto, and you. cannot. beat. the looks of that staff!
    <3
    (debatably, Master Inferno, Mannimarco's and new Psijic style are on par)
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial Physique has no equal.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a post in "Combat & Character Mechanics" is asking for the "best effect"

how in oblivion would that mean to be the best visuals rather than the best game mechanics effect?
  • CurlyQTip
    CurlyQTip
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Lich.
    It's five piece allows me to wear the resto, and you. cannot. beat. the looks of that staff!
    <3
    (debatably, Master Inferno, Mannimarco's and new Psijic style are on par)

For real split staving SPC and lich is just stupidly powerful for healing

Lich lets me use a heal just so I can kick myself back into high gear with the heightened recovery and a few HA's and boom, E Z mana.
    Signatures are for losers
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In terms of every day usefulness for me is the Night's Silence set (Ignore Movement Speed penalty of Sneak). On my nightblade, with concealed weapon on my ability bar, I run like sprinting while on stealth, so this is great for gathering mats, exploration, quick delve runs, pickpocketing, etc.

In terms of visual effects, Mechanical Acuity looks and feels great, you know that when you turn ghostly blue you will do great damage, so that's awesome.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally you can't go wrong with Unfathomable Darkness. 5-pieces summons a murder of crows to peck-out the eyes of your enemies... Put that with the lava-pit from Grothdaar's Monster set and nobody'll get close to you...

Yeah, it is kinda cool, but I just don't like the penetration within the pieces' perk. If, instead, the set offers extra stam, weapon damage and crit, I would be more inclined to use the set. Well, I can't say it to be the "best" set (as best is trivial and based on one's or a group's perspective and not always reflect everyone's), but, I like the Red Mountain set as it pops out the lava splash every few seconds. The MA isn't bad either as you get 100% crit, but the proc time is a bit longer. I also like the overwhelming set for my sorc.
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do like the Mechanical Acuity effect of the focused hits. It's pretty cool for a crafted set effect.

I also like the effect from Stormfist. That's as flashy as it gets. :lol:
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spectre's Eye gets my vote...

The combo of its visual and audio effect when you proc it is very gratifying...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lunar bastion. Probably the coolest look in the game.
  • drake88131
    drake88131
    ✭✭✭
    unfathomable darkness and mad tinkerer and skoria have the best for random visuals and audio. Use shooting star as an ulti and it's like the Fourth of July with robots!!!