The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Don't you think it's time to do something against Cloak & Stam(blades), ZOS?

• SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone in here said cloak is op because it gives high burst....defile....and cc along with invisibility and garanteed crit......did I miss the natch potes for the high burst,defile and cc buffs?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone in here said cloak is op because it gives high burst....defile....and cc along with invisibility and garanteed crit......did I miss the natch potes for the high burst,defile and cc buffs?

Defile and Maim are too much IMO. Thats not a knock on NBs; they just happen to have easy access to both. Guaranteed crit if it actually works on heals while cloaked and avoiding damage can be too much. Thats why I wonder if its going to work on heals or actually just the next attack. The CC from NBs are overtuned only in that they are buggy as hell! I had full stam the other day and got feared out of cloak (which tells me the NB was not good) and I could not break it even as I mashed my buttons until right when it probably would expire anyway, yet I still lost the stam. I survived however. I mean, the NB feared me out of stealth so... Anyway. Thats not a "NB is OP" problem, but rather game is buggy problem.
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »
    Thogard wrote: »
    Huzzah!

Guaranteed Crit heals from vanish are no more.
    Also the Crit dmg bonuses not affecting healing is also a nice change.

And two new alchemy ingredients.... could it be?? Could one of them have speed and detect?? Must find out...

I always wished there was a magicka inclusive speed pot. Doubt I will see one.

They also fixed the crit being consumed by DOTs so this will be a wash if not a buff as now the NB could more easily make sure Rally gets the crit. Although; the notes do say "now only affects the next direct attack." Wonder if that will work. If not' you'll just wind up with the high damage guys cloaking into their burst combo.

This pretty much balances nightblades out. They won’t be healing from execute range to full on every cloak now. Honestly that was the only real issue I had with the class, and it was a BUG.

Now a stamblade will just hop to their free-cast shadow image pet if they’re badly hurt. But they won’t be keeping infinite “lol full health again” pressure on you. This takes some of the frustration out of the ‘pop goes the weasel’ game when fighting one.

i think we will se alot more stamblades running trollking now when the bow/2h setup counts as 2piece. trollking, mastersbow, hundings and bonepirate seems solid
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    I hope they don't change cloak, I like running around with a high amount of HoTs (7K+ HoTs), high damage, near-infinite sustain, and a spammable heal that makes the class overall better at healing and reducing damage than any other class in the game. Best part? I'm not even a pure build, and doing that on a hybrid and its not Summerset yet, and being a hybrid means that you cannot really lock me down because I have a sizeable stam pool. You know that something is unbalanced when you never die in 1v1, 1v2, 1v3, 1v4,1v5 in light armor. NB is definitely the best. Please don't nerf any aspect of it ZOS, I want to use NB in Summerset PvP. Can't wait (unless it gets nerfed).

Link a video doing that... Pugs and lowbies don't count lol.
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    just rinse repeat rinse repeat and rinse repeat till he wins, or his incap is up. both means a kill either way lol.

And this is the problem. No class should have the option to reset every fight multiple times. That's one reason why Streak got its cost increase.

This is why I want a cloak nerf instead of incap nerf. I have no issues with nightblades doing metric tons of damage, I do have issues with how cheap their playstyle is and how easy it is for them to survive. A failed assassin should suffer the consequences.

but they do... against any halfway decent player if a nightblade trys to gank and fails they are going to die.

Not if the NB is half decent really. You must be really bad to be cought against one or two players when you try to flee as a NB.
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There wouldn't have been much of an issue if the counters besides pods were half decent and if Zos actually fixed cloak the proper way. It surpresses DoT's because they couldn't fix that it pulls you out of cloak, it was a band aid fix like plenty of others. If they still did damage it wouldn't be a full reset, and people wouldn't be able to heal to max hp in a matter of seconds in it all the time.

Also make the skills usefull, I lol everytime I see people run around spamming flare or magelight, it's a complete waste of time. 6m reveal is garbage, especially since there are passives that make the range even less. People need to pretty much touch you for it to work. Kinda dumb since the one cloaking is invisible and a lot faster to begin with.

Could also just suppress regen like in mist form, or have it double in cost like roll and steak already have. There are plenty of ways to make it balanced without making the skill useless.
    Edited by MalakithAlamahdi on April 16, 2018 9:10PM
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just rinse repeat rinse repeat and rinse repeat till he wins, or his incap is up. both means a kill either way lol.

And this is the problem. No class should have the option to reset every fight multiple times. That's one reason why Streak got its cost increase.

This is why I want a cloak nerf instead of incap nerf. I have no issues with nightblades doing metric tons of damage, I do have issues with how cheap their playstyle is and how easy it is for them to survive. A failed assassin should suffer the consequences.

but they do... against any halfway decent player if a nightblade trys to gank and fails they are going to die.

Not if the NB is half decent really. You must be really bad to be cought against one or two players when you try to flee as a NB.

only against really bad players who don't know what they're doing. which is all this tread amounts to.

if a nb gets away from me with cloak and shadow image. i don't rage i tip my hat. seriously, that means you got out *** played and that is all.
    Edited by Lucky28 on April 16, 2018 9:21PM
    Invictus
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

only against really bad players who don't know what they're doing. which is all this tread amounts to.

if a nb gets away from me with cloak and shadow image. i don't rage i tip my hat. seriously, that means you got out *** played and that is all.

In duels maybe. In open world a NB always has the advantage when it comes to moving away. Only time I ever get spotted by people is when its a full group looking for me and I have no place to go. Even against good players. There are simply a lot of bad players who play the class and that get spotted easily.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Derra I disagree that magblades are easier to fight. Magblades are far more dangerous than stamblades. They also completely shut down melee builds. Just because you can see the magblade doesn't mean you can pressure it. I can completely control any fight on my magblade without ever going into cloak. The combination of a destro staff, crippling grasp, and teleport gives complete control over melee builds. The only build that may have a easier time against magblades are other magblades and magsorcs because they are harder to kite due to being ranged. Magblade has a harder time kiting groups because of the lack of snare removal so it's easier to pin down when you out number it but 1v1 magblade is in a completely different tier than stamblade.

If they removed snare immunity from stamblades they would be a lot easier to pin down as well but that would be a Nerf to all stamina classes, but if you Nerf the class abilities you'll nerf magblades which struggle outside of 1v1 already. The first thing that I feel that should be looked at though are how strong drain health poisons and masters bow is. if they where to even think of adding a stacking cost to cloak add the purge back so magblades aren't spamming the ability while there aren't moving because they are snared
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    ...You fully negate dot damage whilst in it. A lousy fix to the breaking problem.

It doesn't nergate
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Nightblade is so stupid op. I tanked/RunvX’ed 12 people for four-five minutes straight on a dual wield spec without rally or a shield last night. There’s no way my stamplar or stam sorc could ever do that. It’s not that any one thing is op, but when you bring together the ability to disengage with cloak and shades and combine that with the colossal damage nb gets, the class clearly performs a tier above other classes.

Then again I called this when they nerfed sorcs by removing the frag stun many moons ago. NBs been getting nothing but buffs with minimal nerfs for ages, obviously it’s gonna overperform classes that have been continuously gutted.

I've never once, in the short year or so I've been playing, seen a NB (not even a capped player) take on 12 players at the same level or higher and "tank" them for 4 to 5 minutes. Or by "tank" do you mean you kept them hunting for you for that long? On the other hand, I have seen Templars and Wardens commonly take on 3+ players 200 CP higher than themselves for 3 minutes or more. I mean, I'd dearly love to know your set up if you're taking on 12 or more players at a time as mag/stamblade.

Or were they all 400 CP lower than you?
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Derra I disagree that magblades are easier to fight. Magblades are far more dangerous than stamblades. They also completely shut down melee builds. Just because you can see the magblade doesn't mean you can pressure it. I can completely control any fight on my magblade without ever going into cloak. The combination of a destro staff, crippling grasp, and teleport gives complete control over melee builds. The only build that may have a easier time against magblades are other magblades and magsorcs because they are harder to kite due to being ranged. Magblade has a harder time kiting groups because of the lack of snare removal so it's easier to pin down when you out number it but 1v1 magblade is in a completely different tier than stamblade.

If they removed snare immunity from stamblades they would be a lot easier to pin down as well but that would be a Nerf to all stamina classes, but if you Nerf the class abilities you'll nerf magblades which struggle outside of 1v1 already. The first thing that I feel that should be looked at though are how strong drain health poisons and masters bow is. if they where to even think of adding a stacking cost to cloak add the purge back so magblades aren't spamming the ability while there aren't moving because they are snared

Mag blades are tough for Stam blades to fight if the Stam blades don’t know how to play their own class. The burst of the mNB is extremely predictable (excluding proc set cheese), reflective, and dodgeable... whereas sNBs have far more flexibility and not as much “wind up” time required.

Mag blades have vanish and damage shields, stamblades have vanish, kiting, roll dodge, and block. The difference is that the counters to vanish don’t ruin the attacker’s capacity to get through a damage shield, but they do ruin the attacker’s capacity to get through kiting / roll dodge / being out-healed.

Damage shields are cost-inefficient. It’s cheaper to take them off than it is to keep them up. Most top mNBs only run healing ward.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...You fully negate dot damage whilst in it. A lousy fix to the breaking problem.

It doesn't nergate
    Nightblade is so stupid op. I tanked/RunvX’ed 12 people for four-five minutes straight on a dual wield spec without rally or a shield last night. There’s no way my stamplar or stam sorc could ever do that. It’s not that any one thing is op, but when you bring together the ability to disengage with cloak and shades and combine that with the colossal damage nb gets, the class clearly performs a tier above other classes.

Then again I called this when they nerfed sorcs by removing the frag stun many moons ago. NBs been getting nothing but buffs with minimal nerfs for ages, obviously it’s gonna overperform classes that have been continuously gutted.

I've never once, in the short year or so I've been playing, seen a NB (not even a capped player) take on 12 players at the same level or higher and "tank" them for 4 to 5 minutes. Or by "tank" do you mean you kept them hunting for you for that long? On the other hand, I have seen Templars and Wardens commonly take on 3+ players 200 CP higher than themselves for 3 minutes or more. I mean, I'd dearly love to know your set up if you're taking on 12 or more players at a time as mag/stamblade.

Kiting and tanking are two separate means to the same end - survival. Most top players alternate between the two.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Theyre fixing the bug where every heal would crit during cloak.That and crit damage modifier not applying to heals anymore should help balance things out
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to do something against Cloak and Stamblades?

I agree.....
    [*]Shadow Image (Summon Shade morph): This morph can now be cast without an enemy target.
    ....we should buff them :trollface:
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭

It doesn't nergate

Kiting and tanking are two separate means to the same end - survival. Most top players alternate between the two.

Yes, agreed. I suppose when someone says "take on" I think they mean "I had them all over me and still won after a 5 minute battle". I'm def not a top tier NB yet, but I can keep 5 or 6 people busy hunting for me, but I'm the one in survival mode at that point and trying just to not get pinned down and blown into orbit.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ErMurazor wrote: »
    Minalan wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »
    Huzzah!

Guaranteed Crit heals from vanish are no more.
    Also the Crit dmg bonuses not affecting healing is also a nice change.

And two new alchemy ingredients.... could it be?? Could one of them have speed and detect?? Must find out...

I always wished there was a magicka inclusive speed pot. Doubt I will see one.

They also fixed the crit being consumed by DOTs so this will be a wash if not a buff as now the NB could more easily make sure Rally gets the crit. Although; the notes do say "now only affects the next direct attack." Wonder if that will work. If not' you'll just wind up with the high damage guys cloaking into their burst combo.

This pretty much balances nightblades out. They won’t be healing from execute range to full on every cloak now. Honestly that was the only real issue I had with the class, and it was a BUG.

Now a stamblade will just hop to their free-cast shadow image pet if they’re badly hurt. But they won’t be keeping infinite “lol full health again” pressure on you. This takes some of the frustration out of the ‘pop goes the weasel’ game when fighting one.

i think we will se alot more stamblades running trollking now when the bow/2h setup counts as 2piece. trollking, mastersbow, hundings and bonepirate seems solid

Troll king comes at the cost of bloodspawn, selene’s or velidreth. Those procs still hurt, regardless of the nerfs sometimes you still get hit and it matters, and the ultimate and defense you get from bloodspawn is hard to ignore.

• IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couldn't wait a few days for patchnotes before creating another nerf thread? Maybe I should create a nerf magicka thread, because light attack scaling already looks OP on paper :joy:

The thing is though stamina light attack also will be affected by it and will probably have stronger damage of the two because stamina light attacks can be pretty strong with usual builds that goes for 5k wd and now 30k or more stam on top of that... I am pretty sure most 50k magicka builds run below 3k sd. So I guess unless the magicka build is going ham about damage stam probaby will have slight edge in typical builds.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    ......I suggest you read that, because that phrase keeps popping up on the forums while the reality is very different.

I don't see the point of listing those class passives: DKs get free snares, +12% healing & free heals when using ulti, Sorcs get +10% physical dmg, Implosion etc, Templars get passive +6% wpn dmg, Burning Light procs, free snares with Ritual, Wardens get *** ton of dmg from Advanced Species, ridiculous amounts of sustain from Nature's Gift, practically free Major Mending etc etc

There's enough material to make a "Class X is OP!" thread of every class if you look at passives & try to draw conclusions based on them.

Bullseye. Yet, you can't get players who main those classes to see how powerful their fav class actually is, too. Wardens drive me bonkers right now for the very reasons you mentioned. In fact, I'd venture to call that class "ez moder" currently. Their damage, healing, and seemingly limitless sustain are just way over the top. I've been tempted to stop playing stamblade and just roll Warden to ride that easy train.
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I mean I was getting dogpiled by 12 people, the majority of em cp capped, and managed to elude em for 4-5 minutes. A combination of tanking and kiting. I never said I was “taking on” 12 players, I was doomed the whole time. I did manage to kill 2 or 3 in the process but there’s no way you win that fight on any class. My point wasn’t about my build or me as a player. My point is, I play multiple classes and main a stamplar. There is no way any other class could have pulled off that ridiculousness with a dual wield/2h build. Not even close. I’m not saying nerf nbs to the ground or nerf em at all, I’m saying it’s fairly clear that the class outperforms other stam builds (sans warden) in every regard when it can be that survivable with the hands down best burst and sustain.

My build btw is 5 Truth, 5 bone pirate, 2 bloodspawn heavy dual wield/2h.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Detect pots.

AoE.

Magelight.

Moving on, next thread plz.

Excellent, and let's add the empower and 2-hander heavy attack changes to this list as well.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭

I mean I was getting dogpiled by 12 people, the majority of em cp capped, and managed to elude em for 4-5 minutes. A combination of tanking and kiting. I never said I was “taking on” 12 players, I was doomed the whole time. I did manage to kill 2 or 3 in the process but there’s no way you win that fight on any class. My point wasn’t about my build or me as a player. My point is, I play multiple classes and main a stamplar. There is no way any other class could have pulled off that ridiculousness with a dual wield/2h build. Not even close. I’m not saying nerf nbs to the ground or nerf em at all, I’m saying it’s fairly clear that the class outperforms other stam builds (sans warden) in every regard when it can be that survivable with the hands down best burst and sustain.

Then that may be more of a testament to your personal skill with that class. I have never once seen a NB pull that off with 12 capped players. In cases like that where they stick around and don't just run for it, what I always see is that NB get locked down and de-atomized.
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭

Then that may be more of a testament to your personal skill with that class. I have never once seen a NB pull that off with 12 capped players. In cases like that where they stick around and don't just run for it, what I always see is that NB get locked down and de-atomized.

I can tank 12 mudcrabs.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can tank 12 mudcrabs.

Pretty sure I can tank a full raid of mudcrabs. Gitgud?
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Lichbourne90
    Lichbourne90
    ✭✭✭
    The stealth class can stealth? Effectively? The hell is wrong with this game?

There's no stealth class like there's no tank or healer class.

Is that right? So when's the last time you did a vet trial with a sorc tank and nightblade healer?
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »
    I break the cloak of Nb all the time on my stamplar its not hard.

jabs and hurricane is perfect for breaking cloak. we Dks sadly don't have such stuff. magDks do have a few AoE abilities(but they have other problems, like getting kited) but stamDks are stuck with noxious breath, which is a narrow cone and a very weak ability in general.

Hurricane might be the only legit counter to cloak. Jabs is ok but because of it’s wonky nature when it comes to positioning it works well or not at all. Stam sorcs only above and beyond factor in PvP right now is due to the prevalence of NBs. But it is a good one.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not easier to fight. Maybe i worded that wrong - easier to kill.

I don´t want to nerf anything about NBs - i´ve never said i want to nerf something. I want the counters buffed because they suck.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    There are skills related to detecting cloaked opponents. I just haven't seen a lot of players actually using the ability. I suppose there is question of whether you want to sacrifice the ability vs slotting some combat ability. With things like rapid manoeuvres already taking a slot potentially. I don't know if I have the skill line high enough to see if the detect ability is useful.

Also from a logical point of view, when do you look for other players when you don't know if they are even there?
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
    Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quick ZOS! Something must be done about these stamblades that only have enough magicka to spam cloak 3 times in a row!

LOL
    PS4 Pro NA
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    I would agree that given I have MagBlades and a StamBlade I can stay cloaked for a lot longer on the MagBlade. I honestly wonder if with the right gear and buffs I could keep rolling cloak without ever running out of magicka. It would still require timing each cast accurately to spread them out optimally as far apart as possible without re-cloaking.

I am not good at PvP and find I survive best on a MagBlade simply because I can cloak away from battle when I am in danger. I have not yet got confident enough to try and sneak up and surprise attack anyone.
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
    Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tholian1 wrote: »
    Quick ZOS! Something must be done about these stamblades that only have enough magicka to spam cloak 3 times in a row!

LOL

enough to reset a fight three times. Also maybe he has three stat potion, which brings 5 cloaks. Also maybe he's argonian, which brings 6-7 cloaks.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube