The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Quality of life updates you’d love to see?

Parthrax0923
Parthrax0923
✭✭✭
I’d love the simple ability to move my main characters and main-alts to the top of my character list when logging in.

I’d also love an account wide achievement option. (Check to see if you have a certain achievement on your account but have the achievement points and rewards separate) (Yes, there is an addon for this, but still)

What are some quality of life updates you’d like to see?

EDIT #1 (Suggestions on this thread that I’ve stolen from a few of you to add)

Account Wide Motifs/Patterns/Recipes (PLEASE!)

Gear, Ability, and CP set saves

A search bar for our crowded and cluttered bags (and keyword search for guild traders)

Reply button on mail

A quantity button for crafting (potions/food/gear)

A “select more than one” option for deconning gear.

A server change token (money for ZOS and some of you want it so why not?)

(((CONSOLE SUGGESTIONS BELOW))) I don’t play on console personally but by reading some of the replies, my console family is in need of some love!

Controller Button Mapping! (Gosh, They need this)

Skyshard/Lorebook locations on the map! (I couldn’t imagine playing without the addons for this on PC)

EDIT #2

@ZOS_GinaBruno
@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
@ZOS_BillE
@ZOS_KaiSchober
@ZOS_GaryA
@ZOS_MattFiror
@ZOS_Wrobel

Tagging the bosses in hopes some of these awesome suggestions will be seen. I know the whole team is busy working on things (and you’re doing great!) but some of the things mentioned in this thread are long past due and would be INCREDIBLE improvements to such a great game.
Edited by Parthrax0923 on April 9, 2018 7:09PM
Fus Ro Dah!
  • RupzSkooma
    RupzSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    Server change token.
    Elder Kings II is a Role Playing Elder Scrolls mod for Crusader Kings III.
  • Sekero
    Sekero
    ✭✭✭
    A stable PC-EU server...
  • Parthrax0923
    Parthrax0923
    ✭✭✭
    Allanm wrote: »
    A stable PC-EU server...
    Is the EU that bad? I see people complain about the NA server but I’ve nrver had any issues.
    Fus Ro Dah!
  • Sekero
    Sekero
    ✭✭✭
    been huge login probs several times in the past week, and getting dumped to loadscreen and lag and it's not because of the event, cos it happens even in quiet areas.
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interface updates needed:

Potion Crafting, Provisioning, and Glyph Crafting are slow and tedious

The "add" option on weapon/armor crafting tables only allows you to deconstruct one at a time, it should allow you to add them checklist-style for simultaneous deconstruction (the "add" button is literally already there but it just functions the same as pressing A on the item to select it)

No trait-filtering for alchemy

Guild stores, period

Items in guild banks not auto-stacking

Change the sorting system to focus on what item set something belongs to instead of the gear type it is. I don't need help figuring out that "boots of X" belong to Feet, but I do REALLY need to see what "X" pieces I have so I can try to build a gear set without taking half an hour going back and forth across all of the categories and trying to keep track of them all.

Outfit table needs to have an option to hide things or create a custom group so that I don't have to scroll past "racial robe 1-3" and then "racial jerkin 1-4" to look at all of the things worth looking at

ADD A DAMN REPLY BUTTON TO THE MAIL SYSTEM, IT'S 2018 FOR GOD'S SAKE

Other updates:

Make blocking hard-cancel whatever you're doing, so when we get the sticky heavy attack with staves we have a way to stop it

Force everyone's pets away when they enter a trial and don't allow a merchant or banker to remain out for more than 2 minutes at a time

Don't allow anyone under champion 500 to get put in a Vet DLC dungeon via random activity finder

Don't allow anyone that gets kicked from a group to be put right back in the same group by activity finder

Give us trials in activity finder so we don't have to wait for guilds or craglorn PuGs

Remove or greatly extend the "groupless" kick timer at the end of dungeons so people don't miss their quest completions and/or want to listen to the npcs

Edited by Dapper Dinosaur on April 9, 2018 6:08PM
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Account wide achievements would be awesome!!!

I don't want to get emperor on 15 chars :D
    Edited by Ectheliontnacil on April 9, 2018 5:03PM
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Account-wide achievements.
    Trials in group finder.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alliance change, Less Nightblade hate, Stamblades not using Piercing mark, flare cost increase, the ability to still feel relevant in Cyrodiil as a magblade that doesn't have mark slotted, and cloak lasts three seconds rather than 2.9 seconds cuz that 0.1 second drives me crazy!

Increase everyone's base regen of health, magicka, and stamina by 75. This helps literally everyone and isn't game breaking. (Magicka characters would actually be able to CC break in no CP)

Summerset covered a lot of things as far as I know
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just some record keeping things, or markers to help organize everything, like most addons already do on PC.
    • A rotational arrow to point you in the direction of a person of your choosing, or at least a group member
    • Map markers for skyshards and lore books, or at least the ones you've already gotten on a previous character
    • Scrolling buff/debuff text or the ability to edit which buffs/debuffs appear individually

Just to name my top 3.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • RupzSkooma
    RupzSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    I need them to pay me for playing this game.
    My QOL sucks rn. ;P
    Edited by RupzSkooma on April 9, 2018 5:19PM
    Elder Kings II is a Role Playing Elder Scrolls mod for Crusader Kings III.
  • lonestarranger
    lonestarranger
    ✭✭✭
    A quantity button for making potions and food. Hitting a button over and over to make 2000 portions for a group takes forever.
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't play on consoles, but they should have Skyshards and Lorebooks addons added to base game so consoles can have them.
    PC/EU DC
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Option to select multiple pieces of gear at once to upgrade/decon/create
    Option to select how many potions/foods/drinks I create at once.
    Search option in Guild Traders.
    Argonian forever
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Account wide motifs, patterns, recipes so we stop accidentally clicking them without a warning box
  • Camb0Sl1ce
    Camb0Sl1ce
    ✭✭✭
    As someone said a sever change token would be nice, or at least allow cp to carry over between servers. On console though I would like to be able to change gear or skills with templates. Its tedious to log into a character dump some gear in the bank log out then log in again and so forth.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    • Ability to craft multiples in Controller/gamepad UI
    • Let addons change Controller/gamepad UI - or allow repetitive notifications to be disabled. I don't need to see 30+ notifications for daily writs - takes so long to scroll on the screen it's all I see.
    • Banker and Merchant have full functionality (guild bank/store access and repair armor)
    • Writ pickup from homes. I spend most of my time in Ebonheart Chateau, and Ebonheart has full crafting...but no writ boards or turn-in
    • Fix the "full stamina, blow still goes through block" - this is super annoying as a tank.
    • Fix whatever location fuzziness is going on. Sick of "melee" range almost exclusively being "on the other side because still 'out of range' when kissing target"
    • Fix broken quest steps -
      - Shadow of Sancre Tor - that bridge puzzle? Bridge appears DOWN when you start, but you'll fall through if you walk on it. Not a cool joke.
      - Several quests still have incorrect markers, or "look in this area" but item is outside the marked area. All have been reported multiple times since launch.
      - NERF RUNNING QUEST GIVERS! Yes, Stuga, I KNOW how long you've been looking for me, but you're gonna keep looking. Nilthis in Ebonheart, several others. Run up once a day (like Mages/Fighters ONLY trigger when you're near the guild hall) and then STOP. Wait in a location or anything other than stalk me around town every time I leave a building!
    • Fix gamepad/Controller crafting interface so we can hold-scroll styles and materials! Hitting D-pad for every single one is awful
    • Make AwesomeGuildStore the base game guild store interface. Period.
    • Add reply (but NOT reply all!) to mail
    • Add "send mail" to chat right-click menu
    • Add date/time stamps to chat, allow guild nicknames
    • Bring back "report bot" tickets
    • Fix the API leak where players can programtically choose what goes into their bag. Auto-loot exists in base game, this is no longer necessary. I'm sick of every alchemy node in a zone being wormwood or nightshade. I'm not kidding, go to Auridon around 9am every day, every plant is wormwood!
    • Fully separate PvP and PvE. Or only make changes to the particular population. StamDK's in PvE didn't need yet another stam nerf becaue PvP had a problem. (4th one now?)
    • Fix normals on Achivement furnishings. Example: Morag Tong Banner/Tapestry - it's really obvious the normals are inverted on the mesh, because all the other banners have nice texture (not flat) and sway gently, not look like a paste board displayed on the largest wall in the house. Come on, this isn't difficult to fix.
    • Fix hot spots/grab points on furnishing items. Again: Morag Tong Bammer/Tapestry - really really REALLY difficult to place something that large when the focus point is about 2 feet below the bottom edge. Hint: Nobody places banners by the bottom edge - but by the top, ya know, hanging? There are several other furnishings like this.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on April 13, 2018 12:05AM
  • lonestarranger
    lonestarranger
    ✭✭✭
    A swap gear button like the outfit station that allows you to switch weapons, armor, jewelry to a preset to make it easy to go from pve over to pvp without having to slot each item out.
    Edited by lonestarranger on April 12, 2018 1:52AM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bankers should all stand still
    Ability to reorganize my characters on select screen
    Crown store class change token
    Costumes integrated into outfit system as well as guild name viewable without tabard
    Ability to port out of homes for free or a wayshrine to place in homes
    ESO+ bonus to collect all hireling mails without logging into each
    Account wide settings in base game
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More side-tabs in inventory menus, or in other words, more SkyUI influence and less vanilla Skyrim-esque menus.

Less scrolling in banks, trades, and merchants please.
    Edited by waitwhat on April 9, 2018 5:39PM
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For console: a roll dodge binding that uses one button, rather than L2+X. PC has one button bindings (and many options for custom bindings), but even pro-gaming controllers won't allow binding multiple button presses to one lever due to tournament restrictions in other games.

Please end the Block + Jump + Death combo.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    waitwhat wrote: »
    For console: a roll dodge binding that uses one button, rather than L2+X. PC has one button bindings (and many options for custom bindings), but even pro-gaming controllers won't allow binding multiple button presses to one lever due to tournament restrictions in other games.

Please end the Block + Jump + Death combo.

Oh! Forgot! Allow mutiple button binds on Controller UI! If we set a button combo to something else, no more using that combo! Gamepad/Controller UI is NOT cusomizable, no matter what the Interface menu says.
  • aaisoaho
    aaisoaho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to quick slot the emotes. I for example use the flute/lute/drum emotes while waiting for bosses to spawn and it'd be faster to use yay/nay emotes than to write an answer into chat.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keyword search in guild traders
    (price-per-unit sorting would be nice, too.)
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Keyword search in guild traders
    (price-per-unit sorting would be nice, too.)

Also a legit filter so we don't have to flip through blank invisible items while filtering
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • A notice which tells me I have an identical trait on an identical piece of armor type. The magnifying glass is a great update, but now I'm hording everything with it.
    • If the above is too difficult to implement, a sort feature based on armor/weapon TYPE and trait. Sorting items by name is not effective.
    • Automatic removal of pets in non-combat buildings.
    • Crafting food/drinks/enchants by count, not individually.
    • CONSOLE CUSTOM BUTTON MAPPING.
    • Text size option for outgoing/incoming values
    • A bookmark option for the journal achievement section. Having to scroll to them over and over... ugh.
    • Add side quest "lists" or "books" to our Journal. For example, adding Kari's Hit List in the journal makes for easier access than running back to TG every time I want to view it.
    • Fix the sneak/detected mechanic. If a person can't see me unlocking the door/ then they can't see me OPEN the door. :#
    • Reset health/stamina/magicka on Wayshrine use.
  • timb16_ESO85
    timb16_ESO85
    ✭✭✭✭
    - Character layouts: allow to save 2-3 sets of gear, cp, and skill bars and quickly switch between them
    - Account wide motif knowledge: the current account wide styles, character wide motifs is just messy and nobody in their right mind will learn costly motifs on alts anyway.
    - move the sewer dungeon waypoint a bit to the left, cant count the amount of times I ported there instead of wayrest
  • Dottzgaming
    Dottzgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In terms of QOL things, I'd love to see:
    - Guild item withdrawal limit
    - Gear, ability, and CP set saving native to the game
    - Native bag searching
    - Better guild trader filtering that includes keyword search
    - Account wide settings/keybinds

Just to name a few off of the top of my head
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In terms of QOL things, I'd love to see:
    - Guild item withdrawal limit
    - Gear, ability, and CP set saving native to the game
    - Native bag searching
    - Better guild trader filtering that includes keyword search
    - Account wide settings/keybinds

Just to name a few off of the top of my head

If your on pc get Votan's keybinder addon
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »
    Account wide motifs, patterns, recipes so we stop accidentally clicking them without a warning box

Yeah, this'd be nice. I'm undecided on the whole, "share my skyshards with my alts," thing, but the recipes and motifs would be nice.
  • Ladislao
    Ladislao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that most of these proposals are in to-do list. But no ETA.
    Everything is viable