Maintenance for the week of December 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – December 6, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) – 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC)

Size of Summerset

red_emu
red_emu
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So I'm sure a lot of you have seen this:
15227693803440.png
nice

If the white areas next to it is Auridon, then I don't know about you but to me it seems like the 'bigger than Morrowind chapter' is smaller than Auridon? Which is one of the smaller zones in the game?

In comparison, an official map:

latest?cb=20130219002308

So my question is... WHAT HA-HA-HAPPENED?
PC - EU:
Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
Falathren - AD StamSorc
Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MoTeets wrote: »
    Dont buy it then, save yourself the disapponitment !

Too late. I pre-ordered the second it was available to pre-order :lol:
    PC - EU:
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Synthwavius
    Synthwavius
    ✭✭✭✭
    aka GTA 5 with huge mountains and underwater empty space.

They can always say it's bigger than Morrowind because more content, more delves.
    Edited by Synthwavius on April 3, 2018 4:53PM
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    MoTeets wrote: »
    Its not even out yet geez

Do you honestly believe that they will redesign the entire map for the chapter to deliver what was promised? All I'm saying is that it looks tiny. There is a lot of official and fan art maps and all of them depict Auridon as maybe 1/5 in size compared to Summerset Isle. I'm not saying size is everything but so far everything that's been shown is breaking every single piece of lore we have of the Summerset Isles!

You cannot break something that has not been realise to now. That like me finding big foot and find out it looks nothing like what we heard of before. This is not right you should look like what other people says it looks like. Sounds ridiculous.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All I want to know is, if I start a pint of beer while at the southern end and begin riding my horse north, will I be able to finish the beer before I hit the northern end?

depends on two factors...

1) the velocity of your horse.

2) how fast you drink.
    pc eu na eso+

paraphrasing soren kierkegaard.... when we look at the forum all we can do is laugh.
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I want to know is, if I start a pint of beer while at the southern end and begin riding my horse north, will I be able to finish the beer before I hit the northern end?

depends on two factors...

1) the velocity of your horse.

2) how fast you drink.

3) how much you drank beforehand
    Jo'Khaljor the bestest stam sorc (out of all 3) EU.

• red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wasn't really pointing out the red area. My point was that summerset isle seems to have shrunk a bit compared to what has been depicted on the maps in the past. It looks far away now from Auridon and small. I will still enjoy the game immensely. I am a huge fanboy of Altmer and anything to do with High Elves, but it seems like first the architecture is different than what we imagined, now the island was in a dryer for a bit too long. I hope that this is the end of surprises like that. I mean, what's next? Whole cities of buildings you can't enter?
    Edited by red_emu on April 3, 2018 6:56PM
    PC - EU:
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Radinyn wrote: »
    red_emu wrote: »
    So I'm sure a lot of you have seen this:

15227693803440.png
    nice

If the white areas next to it is Auridon, then I don't know about you but to me it seems like the 'bigger than Morrowind chapter' is smaller than Auridon? Which is one of the smaller zones in the game?

In comparison, an official map:

latest?cb=20130219002308

So my question is... WHAT HA-HA-HAPPENED?

And your source that these areas are unexplorable? Because I think so? Because I like to spam weird things on the forum even before release?

There's entire city covered with these red lines!

Even crystal tower (zos said it playes important role in the main quest) is under red lines. Wtf bro.

I believe I have the right to put out a question out there about discrepancies in geography of Summerset. If you feel like this is spamming the forums, please feel free to report the thread to the moderator.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Geroken777
    Geroken777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Edward wrote: »
    Hey all,

Gina cleared up a bit of this over here:
    15227693803440.png
    nice

Not sure where this image came from (the red parts, that is) but just want to call out this isn't completely accurate and is not an exact representation of the playable area.
    As others have mentioned, is this another platitude?
    Edited by Geroken777 on April 3, 2018 7:22PM
    The self-righteous shall choke on their sanctimony.
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    I mean for one thing you can clearly see that they're including ENTIRE CITIES in the red "unplayable" zones. So fake news right off the bat. And second does anyone want to take the time to make some exaggerated versions of existing zone maps that highlight the unplayable areas? It's trivial to look at a map of Greenshade or wherever and get mad on purpose, but nobody seems to want to bring those places up in these conversations. Maybe it's because those zones were completely fine despite having large unplayable areas, and everyone knows it?

Which city is included in the red zones? I'm squinting my eyes but I can't tell what you mean. Do you mean Cloudrest? Because that's a trial and not part of the overworld.

Either way, the OP doesn't care about the red zones. Ignore them. He was merely trying to compare the size of Summerset to Auridon, which you can see in the map.
    Edited by psychotrip on April 3, 2018 7:33PM
    No one is saying there aren't multiple interpretations of the lore, and we're not arguing that ESO did it "wrong".

We're arguing that they decided to go for the most boring, mundane, seen-before interpretation possible. Like they almost always do, unless they can ride on the coat-tails of past games.
This discussion has been closed.