Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

My Ald Velothi Harbor House

Carbonised
Carbonised
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Apologies for having waited so long with this, but I have been quite busy with the Jester's event and such. Anywho, here it is, Ald Velothi. The house itself is designed as a sort of luxurious getaway with all the amenities. The house holds a surprise, though, inside the small underground area, an elaborate Velothi shrine has been set up, for worship of the Tribunal, Saint Veloth and the Ancestors. I made a few screenshots of the various areas, but please watch the video showcase for a more indepth, longer and more detailed walkthrough of the house. Enjoy!

Sunset on the deck
XiY9lja.jpg

Dwemer ruins in the distance
bKEfQjS.jpg

Daedric ruins in the other direction
Z7AEVFE.jpg

Garden entrance
NTh0lda.jpg

Vellum lamps for atmosphere
g8o6Xms.jpg

The entryway
3ok4Jme.jpg

Vivec's room holds an office, Almalexia's holds a women's suite and bath
HB9jzbx.jpg

Small office
shPtz9j.jpg

Suite and bath
ULWkeOi.jpg

Staircase midway
0SmQOji.jpg

Master's bedroom and living quarters
we3wjwp.jpg

XnPfpio.jpg

Velothi shrine
t3tUZ5i.jpg

dtVtVoU.jpg

ueDgtwh.jpg
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice job! I really like your shrine idea in the basement.

I found the house to be a bit of a challenge to decorate due to all the curved, uneven walls and little nooks that are around the place. Plus, you have all that space under the stairwell and the small circular basement room with a pillar in the middle of it. In addition, you have all these built-in shelves just begging for clutter.

But, it was still a lot of fun to decorate.

Thanks for sharing your Ald Velothi!
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

I found the house to be a bit of a challenge to decorate due to all the curved, uneven walls and little nooks that are around the place. Plus, you have all that space under the stairwell and the small circular basement room with a pillar in the middle of it. In addition, you have all these built-in shelves just begging for clutter.

You're welcome! @TelvanniWizard here's that Velothi tomb and shrine I mentioned earlier. Hope you enjoy it too ;)

The little nooks and such I kind of liked, you can always place an end table or tea table in them with some clutter or candles.

But it is a bit challenging to decorate it, again with the furniture limit. While I think I managed to make the interior look nice on this one, and even managed to fit in the very cluttered basement shrine, the garden is very neglected, and could easily have used a hundred slots or two. And the kitchen I wanted to elaborate more on as well, before running out of slots.
    I agree on the shelves, I'd love to place more shelves and empty bookcases and really fill them up, but when you do it like that it eats up like 20 slots per full bookcase, which is awful.

My Amaya is pretty much the opposite, I'm very happy with the garden, lakeside area and bathhouse, but the interior is somewhat ordinary. Oh well.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As always, I'm happy to declare how amazed am I by your work! The decoration in the Vivec and Almalexia rooms is perfect, harmonic, balanced. Both comfortable and luxurious. The velothi shrine, on the other hand, has the relugious touch of a classical temple, with all the urns, vases and shrines, adding the dunmer touch of velothi style with all the correspondant furniture (in a great economical effort, probably, meritorious also). Really spectacular!
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As always, I'm happy to declare how amazed am I by your work! The decoration in the Vivec and Almalexia rooms is perfect, harmonic, balanced. Both comfortable and luxurious. The velothi shrine, on the other hand, has the relugious touch of a classical temple, with all the urns, vases and shrines, adding the dunmer touch of velothi style with all the correspondant furniture (in a great economical effort, probably, meritorious also). Really spectacular!

Oh stop it you're making me blush! :blush:
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »

You're welcome! @TelvanniWizard here's that Velothi tomb and shrine I mentioned earlier. Hope you enjoy it too ;)

The little nooks and such I kind of liked, you can always place an end table or tea table in them with some clutter or candles.

But it is a bit challenging to decorate it, again with the furniture limit. While I think I managed to make the interior look nice on this one, and even managed to fit in the very cluttered basement shrine, the garden is very neglected, and could easily have used a hundred slots or two. And the kitchen I wanted to elaborate more on as well, before running out of slots.
    I agree on the shelves, I'd love to place more shelves and empty bookcases and really fill them up, but when you do it like that it eats up like 20 slots per full bookcase, which is awful.

My Amaya is pretty much the opposite, I'm very happy with the garden, lakeside area and bathhouse, but the interior is somewhat ordinary. Oh well.

Yeah...the furniture limit on this one was tough. I've done nothing with the exterior except adding a couple of additional lampposts.

For Amaya, the outside is also neglected, though I did start to try and create a garden area around the front steps, but I'm not entirely satisfied with it since I didn't have many slots left over. I look forward to seeing what you did with your exterior, as I find the space a bit difficult to decorate due to the uneven terrain.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on April 11, 2018 4:35PM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »

Yeah...the furniture limit on this one was tough. I've done nothing with the exterior except adding a couple of additional lampposts.

For Amaya, the outside is also neglected, though I did start to try and create a garden area around the front steps, but I'm not entirely satisfied with it since I didn't have many slots left over. I look forward to seeing what you did with your exterior, as I find the space a bit difficult to decorate due to the uneven terrain.

In Amaya I pretty much used up all my slots for the outside area as well as the storehouse which I turned into a luxurious bathhouse. So the inside of the house is sort of average =p

Going to post a showcase really soon, just been too caught up in the anniversary jubilee. Gotta get some gold to fund all these crazy housing spendings, hah.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time for a quick update on my Ald Velothi. There are a few changes in the bathroom/women's bedroom, with the addition of a Hlaalu Salt Lamp, some statuettes and a floating netch jelly. The basement ancestor shrine has also been expanded with an ash garden and some Velothi Braziers. Here's the pictures:

yx8drmz.jpg

SU8cjTj.jpg
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Very nice! as you have noticed, the roof/balcony has a lot of potential in that house. I covered up my basement, major kudos on doing something good with it!
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    hdnwv0900yb6.png

stairway built up from the balcony

igqxzy44it6s.png

Platform view. If you want to use that idea, i really recommend it. The views are amazing.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom