The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Pvp balance patches. And the most annoying thing in pvp.

ThorinWolfgang
ThorinWolfgang
✭✭✭
What is the most annoying staff in pvp at your opinion?
And what do you think about frequency of release of balance-patches?
Edited by ThorinWolfgang on March 28, 2018 11:10PM

Pvp balance patches. And the most annoying thing in pvp. 86 votes

Dodge roll spamming
8%
rileynotzb14_ESOIzanagi.Xiiib16_ESOSkanderSeraphayelThorinWolfgangsusniandDivineFirstYOLO 7 votes
Steak spamming
3%
SubversusFeanorHippie4927 3 votes
Permblocking
6%
AlurueNyladreasOcelot9xDeep_01lazerlazMillz 6 votes
HealBots
6%
EdziuAedarylStratforgeWhoThenNow7JierdanitRighteousBacon 6 votes
Earthgore
23%
Maulkinjcasini222ub17_ESODudisRagnaroek93EirellaDerraOdinForgeWreckfulAbandonJohnRingoAnkael07Brutusmax1musEdmundTowersofSunholdMurador178IZZEFlameLashThogardak_pvpdel9TharokJobooAGS 20 votes
Premades at Battlegrounds
9%
Dedricuspieratsossocks567NelothSilverPawsNihility42ShadowMonarchAznox 8 votes
Subterranean Assault + Dawnbreaker
10%
JsmallsWuffyCeruleiWycksIdinuseakray21Rokkar8DKsUniteIlCanis_LupuslICaliMade 9 votes
Mage's Fury (sorc execute ability) and imposion
8%
XeniphmoutonKram8ionMarabornwingrionGrimlok_SMarkroxStarlight_Knight 7 votes
Shadow cloak
18%
Springt-Über-ZwergeAllu07neb18_ESOjeskahSkoomahWarraxxpaulsimonpsXevenFloppyTouchTheDominionDrdeath20MalakithAlamahdiTheDoomsdayMonsterWaltherCarrawayKyuremBlackgepe87Peacatcher 16 votes
Damage shields
4%
GilvothStrider__RoshinWildRaptorXBrotherchaotic 4 votes
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    Earthgooooooorrrrreeeeee
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Passive Evasion, all of those other things are fine.

I dont use Evasion, so I dodge roll quit a bit.

Streak spamming is nothing compared to the first year of ESO.

Permablockers die to bleeds and poisons.

Healbots are a necessary part of PvP even though purge is annoying. (nature of my build)

I dont think I've seen Earthgore.

Premades at Battlegrounds are fine, no one likes unorganized groups if they're competitive.

Sub Assault and Dawnbreaker is the most obviously telegraphed combo in the game.

Mage's Fury is a pain in the ***, but usually indicates that you got hit with a bunch of other things .

Cloak only sucks when a nightblade is actually good at misdirection.

Damage shields have a CP soft counter and a set hardcounter.

Evasion irks me.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag. Its definitely the lag. And the loading screens and the disconnects.

Can anyone tell me which class to nerf in order to get rid of the lag?
    Edited by VaranisArano on March 28, 2018 11:36PM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Counts 3 separate categories on spec skills.. It's a nerf sorc thread!

Nah, for me, its just general indestructableness.. Some people I can one shot with my burst, but there are others where their health bar hardly moves. Its not blocking, I'm not sure what it is, I see it mostly in small groups, so I'm guessing its a combination of high mitigation, multiple defensive buffs and hots, and stuff like troll king and earthgore etc. But then they dish out very respectable burst too.

Oh an lag.. Its definitely lag that had me beat today...

Edited by Biro123 on March 28, 2018 11:30PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭
    Permblocking
    If you think the problem is earthgore you're def doing it wrong lol.
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely NOT steak spamming. I love my red meat!!!!
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your issues break down as follows:

1, 2, 3 cp
    4 The fact that healers exist
    5 Earthgore
    6 People having friends
    7 Warden
    8 Sorc
    9 Nightblade
    10 Magicka builds

In regards to that, I'd say that CP is the issue, and that if anything, I'd like to see Befoul get a nerf hammer, because that star is the worst.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • ofSunhold
    ofSunhold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    Earthgore needs to be purified in flame.

Everything else on your list is fine with me, but I agree with everybody who said "lag." Lag is OP.
    Classes that don't need any class ability nerfs: Nightblades, Dragonknights, Sorcs, Templars, Wardens.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Steak spamming
    You can spam steaks at me anytime! :trollface:
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like a "super stamina damage" option. Nerf stam.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    Earthgore: Did you want those kills? *Procs and heals everyone out of execution range.*
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steak spamming
    Love me some medium rare steaks .)
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What the heck kind of poll is this and what should it accomplish?

As for the frequency of meaningful PvP related updates I’d give ZOS 1 disappearing ultimate out of 5.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mage's Fury (sorc execute ability) and imposion
    WTB AoE execute for nightblades.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steak spamming
    Steaks have no place in this game!!!!
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steak spamming
    Astrid_V wrote: »

You have a 28m execute that deals 300% more damage to targets below 25% HP. Sounds sufficient to me...
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »

It’s called steel tornado.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Builds that manage easy infinate resource management, while at the same time they can burst in 2 seconds.
    Zos should have tackled that loooooong time ago

And SnB
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most annoying thing in PvP is unimaginative whining because this build or that build kills them.

- Dodge Rolling, effective defense. Keep them at it until they are out of stamina.
    - Streak spamming, run them out of resources. Can't even spam it because of the built in double cost
    - Healbots, hit them with Defile, they wont last long
    - Earthgore, 30 second cool down, keep the pressure up
    - Premades, meta changes, and they die. Make your own group and they aren't an issue
    - Sub + Dawn - one trick ponies, you know whats coming deal with it
    - Mage's Fury - effective in groups, useless solo. Good balance
    - Shadow Cloak - CC them and crush them, or ignore them. They're either squishballs or a waste of time.
    - Damage Shields - good defense, lay on the DPS. They are either wasting their resources shield stacking or they are using them to kill you.

What do you just want a bunch of potatoes running around? How F-ing boring.
    Frequency, fairly good. There needs to be enough time to find a equilibrium before making an adjustment. After all, its taken 6 months for people to find StamWarden 50k builds and Mag Warden 35k builds. Probably only 3 months for someone to find it and 3+ and counting for people to start believing it.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    The most annoying thing in PvP is unimaginative whining because this build or that build kills them.

Earthgore is completely unbalanced and deserves every bit of whining. 30s cooldown cool except most of your team has dumped their ultis.. playing against a large group? 2nd one will proc. It is so broken, please get real.
    PCNA

• OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Earthgore
    Earthgore.
    Get that **** out of here.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore

- Dodge Rolling, effective defense. Keep them at it until they are out of stamina.
    - Streak spamming, run them out of resources. Can't even spam it because of the built in double cost
    - Premades, meta changes, and they die. Make your own group and they aren't an issue
    - Shadow Cloak - CC them and crush them, or ignore them. They're either squishballs or a waste of time.
    - Damage Shields - good defense, lay on the DPS. They are either wasting their resources shield stacking or they are using them to kill you.

Frequency, fairly good. There needs to be enough time to find a equilibrium before making an adjustment. After all, its taken 6 months for people to find StamWarden 50k builds and Mag Warden 35k builds. Probably only 3 months for someone to find it and 3+ and counting for people to start believing it.

Earthgore heals are often enough to make builds last another 30 seconds to proc it again and again because you basically have to start from 0 again. And I believe you switched 50k and 35k around with those wardens. There are better builds for stamwardens to run around than 50k stam.
  • CaliMade
    CaliMade
    ✭✭✭✭
    Subterranean Assault + Dawnbreaker
    Oh your fighting multiple people on an immoble class? How about you take 8k unblockable damage from my ground AoE thats you can’t see because of the other myriad of effects going off on your screen. And lets never mind the fact that dawnbreaker occasionally goes through block. Thats neither here nor there, nor is it intended(?).

Oh! and on the off chace you aren't getting zerged down let me just come from out of frame and smack you with the gap closer dawnbreaker Sub assault. Your bad because you should clearly see me coming, recognize that im a warden and side step my gap closer Sub assault, because there’s absolutley no way you have an unpurgable snare on you. You should have dodge rolled, on your mag class that is low on stam from blocking because you have no mobility or dodge chance. Oh why dont you use sheilds on you mag class that dont have max magic buffs? That 7k dampen magic will totally save your life.

You can compare every offensive skill on every class and nothing will come close to this skill. A friend of mine can pull a 16k (thats complimented by a17k DB and a 17k Dizzy swing) tooltip with over 2k recovery and tankiness rivaling the toughest. But no its fine. Its avoidable so its balaced.

XB1 GT- Cali Made

Praetorian Stam DK Redguard

Brigadier Stam/magblade (whatever i feel like running) Redguard

Major Mag DK Dark Elf

lieutenant Mag/stamplar (whatever i feel like running) Redguard
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Earthgore heals are often enough to make builds last another 30 seconds to proc it again and again because you basically have to start from 0 again. And I believe you switched 50k and 35k around with those wardens. There are better builds for stamwardens to run around than 50k stam.

@IZZEFlamelash Earthgore is only worth running in ball zerg groups. Boring game play if you ask me. Earthgore is powerful, sure but also only the best option with people without the awareness to be ready for, get out of, and counter the inevitable Negate/Storm/Vicious death bomb. You know its coming, don't stand in stupid, even if the stupid isn't visible yet.
    Oh by the way BoL will also make you start over from 0 and it has no cooldown. One Earthgore proc every 30 seconds for 30k or 2 BoL in 2 seconds for 30k heals. How in the world do you come up with "Unbalanced"
    @del9 there's the "real" for you, here is some more
    - Troll King - 15k heals over 10seconds with 100% uptime possible. (45k Heals vs Earthgore's 30k)
    - Choke Thorn - 20k heals over 4 seconds every 10seconds. (60k heals vs Earthgore's 30k) single target though instead of AoE
    - NightFlame - Don't feel like getting out of stupid? 3.4k heals a second for 5 second and procs every 6 seconds. (104k heals AoE vs Earthgore's 30k.) Radius sucks, and you need a lot of HoTs to keep it up.
    - Scourge Harvester 5.8k heals a second + Major Vitality for 4 seconds every 6 seconds. (116k heals vs Earthgore's 30k.)
    Is that enough "real" for you?

No I didn't get my Wardens backward. I also don't qoute group parse numbers. Ive seen solo parse numbers of:
    - 49k Stam Warden
    - 38k Mag Warden
    Perhaps there are better ones out there, but Mag doesn't beat Stam, not solo. Personally, while I cant hit those numbers, my Stam Warden out DPS my Mag Warden also, by about 5k. Plus that Mag Warden "on-cooldown" rotation is so not fun on console.
    Edited by Maura_Neysa on March 30, 2018 3:41AM
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

• IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore

@IZZEFlamelash Earthgore is only worth running in ball zerg groups. Boring game play if you ask me. Earthgore is powerful, sure but also only the best option with people without the awareness to be ready for, get out of, and counter the inevitable Negate/Storm/Vicious death bomb. You know its coming, don't stand in stupid, even if the stupid isn't visible yet.
    Oh by the way BoL will also make you start over from 0 and it has no cooldown. One Earthgore proc every 30 seconds for 30k or 2 BoL in 2 seconds for 30k heals. How in the world do you come up with "Unbalanced"
    @del9 there's the "real" for you, here is some more
    - Troll King - 15k heals over 10seconds with 100% uptime possible. (45k Heals vs Earthgore's 30k)
    - Choke Thorn - 20k heals over 4 seconds every 10seconds. (60k heals vs Earthgore's 30k) single target though instead of AoE
    - NightFlame - Don't feel like getting out of stupid? 3.4k heals a second for 5 second and procs every 6 seconds. (104k heals AoE vs Earthgore's 30k.) Radius sucks, and you need a lot of HoTs to keep it up.
    - Scourge Harvester 5.8k heals a second + Major Vitality for 4 seconds every 6 seconds. (116k heals vs Earthgore's 30k.)
    Is that enough "real" for you?

No I didn't get my Wardens backward. I also don't qoute group parse numbers. Ive seen solo parse numbers of:
    - 49k Stam Warden
    - 38k Mag Warden
    Perhaps there are better ones out there, but Mag doesn't beat Stam, not solo. Personally, while I cant hit those numbers, my Stam Warden out DPS my Mag Warden also, by about 5k. Plus that Mag Warden "on-cooldown" rotation is so not fun on console.

Oh you mean DPS numbers, not resource. And no...I've seen stam builds with Earthgore as their 1vX set of choice and they sure did last long while having 100% uptime on major expedition or cloak. Or they just face tank ultbomb with it. So... yeah... they are useful solo also.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of those are a problem even if you are remotely competent.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »

And that right there is the root of the problem. People want the game to adapt to them, rather than them adapting to the game.

There is nothing on that list that even bothers me, much less annoys me.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

• Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »

And that right there is the root of the problem. People want the game to adapt to them, rather than them adapting to the game.

There is nothing on that list that even bothers me, much less annoys me.

Excellent post and so very true. I'd actually love for the devs to post something like;

"We've been watching the forums with great interest (//they haven't, they will watch people playing the game live). We have absolutely no intentions of making massive sporadic changes to any class. We designed the Nightblade class, primarily as a rogue/assassin-style class. Naturally, their abilities makes them incredibly dangerous and hard to spot. However, most of you calling for the nerf hammer are continually ill-prepared for dealing with such a class. For example you don't detection pots or speed pots. Instead you cry that we should remove Cloak. Well guess what? If you are struggling, you need to up your game and improve - you have the skills and facilities available to do this - we know because WE created them and WE use them EVERY DAY Iin test and when we we play, ouselves.

Adapt, or gtfo!

Sincerely, the development and PvP teams"
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Surprised Zaan and Soul Assault combo isn't up there. I put my hand in that cookie jar and there are some mad folks.

Most annoying thing for me is anything that pulls me out of cloak! ;)
    Edited by brandonv516 on March 30, 2018 6:39AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    l-a-g
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place