The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Daily login rewards have me scared for ESO's future

• Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I think it is great not having to spend any time to be rewarded by poor RNG. Better than wasting hours to get shafted for your effort.

Are these rewards per character or account?
    PS4 Pro NA
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elissae wrote: »
    Guild Wars 2 and Black Desert have been doing this for quite some time, and they're healthy games as far as I know.

Extra thingies for doing something I do anyway, hardly going to complain about that :)

It’s not that....it’s that

-ESO Plus (gated QoL only)
    -Chapters (outside of eso plus only)
    -Houses crown only
    -Cosmetics crown only
    -Crown crated (exclusive crate and crown gem only)

On top of all of that....the ongoing issues that aren’t being addressed and more issues being added with 90-180 day “balancing”

....they go and revert back to what they said Tamriel Unlimited was to remove.

One big word Opitional. None of that is really needed to play the game. There are houses and cometics ingame there is no need to buy the crown ones. ESO plus is optional I play without it. They just added outfit system and house storage. I have no need for the crafting bag. I have played plenty of games not one game is every freed of it ongoing issues. A game can do well and if you checked the forums it will always have several problems.
    An example there are plenty of people who feel that paying the sub for Final Fantasy XIV is not worth it. There will always be problems.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, Daily login rewards looks like a bad sign and it is really unnecessary to begin with.
    Though nothing is certain since we don't have an actual player base information(statistics) to know how ESO is doing.
    The game's combat balance issues, bugs, terrible latency, botting, broken PVP, cheating, lack of new content to base game and other issues are driving away veteran players while new players are replacing the old.

As much as it may sound funny, I hope they will change their minds and not implement it.
    Free rewards ruin immersion, game experience when logging in...Why do I need a reward just because I logged in ?
    Also, it is unknown if it's per character or account wide.
    If it is per character, players who purchased more character slots, receive more rewards...
    Edited by Universe on March 28, 2018 9:30PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    Daily login rewards are often the sign of a game declining and so many games that are starting to die often implement these items as incentives to logging in.

Or they could just be something nice in that ZOS gives a digital shiny out. I know for sure that these daily rewards are not the reason I would log in, nor would they incentivise me to log in if I was not going to anyway.

Besides, I see the peeps running around and playing the game, I know there are no population issues. In fact, in the past two weeks the game has gotten more crowded.

But I guess if they give something away for free, someone has to find something wrong with it.... B)

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as a concept itself, I'm fine with daily login rewards. I already log in daily, at least to do crafting writs. my problem with GW2 daily reward is that they came at an expense of daily meta reward from playing the game that used to be far FAR more flexible before daily log in rewards were introduced (there are a lot fewer options now, last I checked) as long is its just a little extra boost for hopping on? I honestly don't see the problem at all. personaly
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • everyelegantword
    Look I've been playing this game for a while, and I've seen enough of the stuff on the forums to feel like this is just nonsense. The things people come up with any more it honestly just sounds like this-

Zos- takes servers down for a couple extra hours to run routine maintenance and repairs
    Vocal Minority of Playerbase (VaMPs*)- WHERE'S MY FREE STUFF FOR THIS TERRIBLE INCONVENIENCE THAT WILL CAUSE ME TO NEVER GET TO PLAY EVER AGAIN BECAUSE MY FRIEND IS ON SHORE LEAVE FOR JUST THESE 4 HOURS
    Zos- .........
    (monts later)
    Zos- Takes servers down for a couple extra hours to run routine maintenance and repairs
    VaMPs- WHERE'S MY FREE STUFF FOR THIS TERRIBLE INCONVENIENCE THAT WILL CAUSE ME TO NEVER GET TO PLAY EVER AGAIN BECAUSE I USUALLY WORK AND TOOK TODAY OFF TO PLAY
    Zos- ..............
    (etc. 4 years)
    Zos- We decided to give you free stuff for level ups and did several test runs of the daily reward system with the crown crates and we're gonna roll that out completely game wide in a couple months! Isn't that cool?! You're gonna get free stuff!
    VaMPs- THIS GAME IS DYING TBH THIS IS SUCH *** AND DESPERATE

*Yes, I know that Vocal Minority of Playerbase doesn't shorten to Vamps but I felt really witty when I saw VMP and read it as vamp in my head

Also yes, those are real actual reasons people posted to threads about why they should get free things when Zos's maintenance took a little longer than expected.

I, for one, am not really worried. I have a full time 9-5 job that I go to every day so I rarely get to play outside of primetime. There are still thousands upon thousands of people playing this game. People keep putting nails in the coffin, and I keep shrugging because as long as there are servers live I'll probably be playing the game. And I know there are at least a few other people that feel the same. Daily rewards are a bit of free stuff I'll get for logging in when I can, and when I can't oh well. I get power ups in Candy Crush the same way. This seems like a non-issue.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lake wrote: »
    Hopefully they don't add those tacky daily login roulette wheels / maps that MMOs sometimes like to add..

dugneVU.jpg

Damn you B&S, and BDO with your roulette wheel crap
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Concur that this seems like a desperation tactic. Not a bad thing in and of itself, just concerning for what it might mean.
    Although... I suppose getting past the initial load screen could be considered something to celebrate. At least until ZOS fixes their game.

Very much this. :D I still get booted back to the login screen as often as not these days.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos- takes servers down for a couple extra hours to run routine maintenance and repairs
    Vocal Minority of Playerbase (VaMPs*)- WHERE'S MY FREE STUFF FOR THIS TERRIBLE INCONVENIENCE THAT WILL CAUSE ME TO NEVER GET TO PLAY EVER AGAIN BECAUSE MY FRIEND IS ON SHORE LEAVE FOR JUST THESE 4 HOURS
    Zos- .........
    (monts later)
    Zos- Takes servers down for a couple extra hours to run routine maintenance and repairs
    VaMPs- WHERE'S MY FREE STUFF FOR THIS TERRIBLE INCONVENIENCE THAT WILL CAUSE ME TO NEVER GET TO PLAY EVER AGAIN BECAUSE I USUALLY WORK AND TOOK TODAY OFF TO PLAY
    Zos- ..............
    (etc. 4 years)
    Zos- We decided to give you free stuff for level ups and did several test runs of the daily reward system with the crown crates and we're gonna roll that out completely game wide in a couple months! Isn't that cool?! You're gonna get free stuff!
    VaMPs- THIS GAME IS DYING TBH THIS IS SUCH *** AND DESPERATE

Yeah, this happens. Now we get to experience something new. On the rare occasion that the server is down for an extended period of time and people cannot log in for a day... HOW DO I GET MY LOGIN REWARD FOR THE DAY WE COULDN'T LOG IN?

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prediction
    ESO wants to be as addictive as WOW was over 12+ years ago so we are seeing these types of things.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it's a sign the game is dying off or anything; just that they are trying to encourage people to be a bit more active. And at least gives a little something to those of us that already are.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember when back in the day of TG and DB, they said, people only log on after a new update and play it for a bit and then they are gone again until the next update? They said, no one logs in all the time forever, or something like that anyways. And now here we are, with them giving things away for people to just login. Maybe that is because they decided they want people to play all the time instead of like how they said before. Or maybe they are trying to reward people that DO log in all the time, while encouraging more people to do just that. Or maybe they are the fiery devil sent here to cause chaos and destruction and ruin our very lives.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TES Legends is doing login rewards as well, it's probably just something they're trying across all their IP.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No real issue with this. Seems a move in the right direction. Kudos.
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont mind a login reward. But what I hate is when the rewards get better and better the more days you login.

I used to play the mobile game CSR2 and they had daily rewards but they werent anything special until 20-30 days in. I really dont want ESO to punish people like this. It isnt reasonable to expect gamers to log in every single day for a month with no exceptions. Sometimes people just want to take a day off or play another game, ESO isnt a job.
    [DC/NA]
  • Syncronaut
    Syncronaut
    ✭✭✭
    Eh from my experience, daily rewards are usualy 99.9999% random trash.

So dont expect more than a potion or repair kit and if lucky xp scroll.

They will probaly make it something like, log in 30 days get free mount, log in 60 days get a costume and so on.
  • Raraaku
    Raraaku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meh, I've already got enough stuff crowding my inventory and bank, not really a fan of it but I see the appeal; positive reinforcement and such. Also, I figure it's to try and sell more crown crates for those who haven't bought any yet but get that dopamine-induced rush once they open one and get something half-decent.
    Back from a much needed break. || I like having too many projects and working on them all at once.

Tank Enthusiast || CP: 445 || Stormproof

Tanks
    Karsaak gro-Ursa: DC || Orc || Stamina Dragonknight || Tank || Level: CP 445
    Sir Leopold Stotch: DC || Breton || Magicka Templar || Tank || Level: 445
    Protects-Squishy-Ones: EP || Argonian || Magicka Sorcerer || Tank/CC || Level: CP 445
    Björn Shadow-Walker: EP || Nord || Stamina Nightblade || Tank || Level: 15
    Tiberius Valerion: AD || Imperial || Stamina Warden || Tank || Level: 15

Damage Dealers
    Morrigan Ravyn-Cloak: AD || Altmer || Magicka Nightblade || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ra'Zahkara: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Dragonknight || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ezra al-Khazir: DC || Redguard || Stamina Templar || DPS || Level: 40
    Erryndril Telvaux: EP || Dunmer || Magicka Dragonknight || DPS || Level: 25
    Uzara gra-Khalari: DC || Orc || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [2H/DW] || Level: 15
    Solomon Motierre: DC || Breton || Magicka Sorcerer || DPS || Level: 20
    Ragnar the Wulf: EP || Nord || Stamina Warden || DPS || Level: 30
    Ra'Rahku: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [Bow/Bow] || Level: 15

Healers
    Sees-through-Hist: EP || Argonian || Magicka Warden || Healer/CC || CP 445
    Daedalus the Artificer: AD || Altmer || Magicka Templar || Healer || Level: 15
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember when back in the day of TG and DB, they said, people only log on after a new update and play it for a bit and then they are gone again until the next update? They said, no one logs in all the time forever, or something like that anyways. And now here we are, with them giving things away for people to just login. Maybe that is because they decided they want people to play all the time instead of like how they said before. Or maybe they are trying to reward people that DO log in all the time, while encouraging more people to do just that. Or maybe they are the fiery devil sent here to cause chaos and destruction and ruin our very lives.
    People have been wanting "loyalty" rewards. The bar is a lot lower than I would expect, but ...
    Edited by Elsonso on March 28, 2018 10:36PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZeroXFF wrote: »
    My biggest issue is that these daily rewards have the tendency to be just clutter for the bags. If it gives anything, it should be stuff that doesn't use bag slots. Currency would be fine, but the consumables part is going to either be filling up bags or be thrown away. And new players won't even know what to do with that stuff. This always happens to me when I start a new game that has this system. This system as it is described will add nothing more but clutter.

you do know that you can delete things?
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game only needs to last long enough for star citizen to finally launch, then I'm gone anyhow =P
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    This game only needs to last long enough for star citizen to finally launch, then I'm gone anyhow =P
    Can I get your gold mats that day?

Don't look at me like that. Someone had to ask...
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People have been wanting "loyalty" rewards. The bar is a lot lower than I would expect, but ...

I thought about the loyalty rewards too. Certainly a lot different from the first year....

But again, we do not have any idea how this is REALLY going to look yet. All we know is they have some sort of a plan for rewarding daily logins. Kinda missing a bunch of information. It isn't going to be all awesome and wonderful and full of the coolest stuff ever. But, it might not be the very worst thing that has ever happened. I feel like I need more information before I can judge the system with any fairness.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, cool! Free stuff! :smiley:
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys worry and complain too much . When free stuff gets put up on the complaint list , it's time to unplug and go for some fresh air seriously .
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Been in Alpha for 7 years, and it's looking upon nearly 2 law suits right now doubt it'll go live at all :#
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, games like Battlefield implemented daily login rewards from their launch. It may not mean the game is declining, it's just incentives to encourage players to continue playing.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP, please believe me when I tell you I have some definite frustrations with ESO that are making me reconsider my sub more and more (1 example: spending 2 weeks grinding for a gear set only to find it's bugged so badly as to be almost unusable and has been for well over a year. Meaning you just completely wasted a week or two of your time on it) BUT....this game is far from being on the decline.

It's jam packed with people at all hours of the day. So, even though I may unsub in a few months when a certain game I've been waiting for comes out, a crap ton of other people will still be playing.

Edited for typo.
    Edited by Thunderknuckles on March 28, 2018 11:06PM
  • UnseenCat
    UnseenCat
    ✭✭✭✭

Well... you must be planning on running through Cadwell's Gold with all your alts then... :trollface:
    Edited by UnseenCat on March 28, 2018 11:11PM
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭

Lynx, SC very likely never will be finished. You guys got scammed, me thinks. I say that kindly.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

About 10 more years then, yeah? ;) That game has been a saga and a half!
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!