The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Thanks for allowing Skyshards to be brought to other characters. Thread closed.

• RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel for console players honestly. Lore book hunting on console is mind numbing.

I do think revealing skyshards and lorebooks for account per each zone that you have collected every skyshards and per each catorgy of books for which you have collected every volume would be a fair thing to implement.
  • VilniusNastavnik
    VilniusNastavnik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone with 8 characters, all levelled up the long way, and near max CP, and all with Lorebooks and or skyshards depending on stam or mag, I support this move.

- Skyshards
    - Lorebooks
    - Mount Training
    - Achievements

Should all be Account wide not character wise.

The people who say, it will remove from the game experience, or you will stop playing the game.

It takes... 24 hours at most on a DPS load out and the "Skyshards" and "Lorebooks" add on to get them all. Throw in "Destination" and you will have every wayshrine at the same time.

Making achievements account wide would not impact anything at all. You would still need to to the quests to get their respective skill points.. Just be able have one big achievement list visible from all toons. I cannot think of any other game where achievement are not account wide.

Mount training will never be made account wide. Zos gets too much money from selling riding lessons to PvP Players looking to get their horse leveled at day 1. There is no where in PvE that you need mounts to be trained at all. Would be nice though.
    Active Toons:
    NA - VilniusNastavnik - Magsorc DPS - Altmer
    NA - Ko'h Nehko'h - Stamblade Archer - Khajit
    NA - Arwyn Winterlight - MagPlar Healer - Breton
    NA - Urog Blackfang - DK Tank - Orc
    NA - Elen Windsong - Stamsorc DPS - Bosmer
    NA - Eats-Strange-Fungus - Magden HealzTank- Argonian
    NA - Harwyn Northwind - MagWarden DPS - High Elf
    NA - Raises-Many-Families - Necro HealzTank - Argonian

Picture of my Active Toons.

Obligatory ESO Fashion website plug: Vil's Portfolio
  • Tetrafy
    Tetrafy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    No.
    What is even the point of playing the game if you aren't even going to play the game?

Just get everything for free?
    I can assure you Ive played the game. But making it easier to jump on other characters would be nice. Especially since the cause/effect would be small. Change is good, and the only ones who would seem to be upset are those that spent the time doing it in the first place. Im diferent I guess, I prefer to make the experience better for the next person. Yes I'm on console, we don't get add ons.
    Edited by Tetrafy on March 25, 2018 9:02PM
  • Tetrafy
    Tetrafy
    ✭✭✭✭
    neverwalk wrote: »
    NO and i repeat NO. Bad enough with CP account-wide. I can start new Toon and as soon as he/she spawns into game at level 3, i can open Champion points and apply 720 cp to a level 3 Toon. HOGWASH. CP grind only happens once per account.

You're concerned because more people would be using meteor? Again, how is this a negative thing? I'm not by any means a veteran I came from FFXIV endgame and comp Halo so generally I only post if it's something that could bring more to make other characters. Most I'm sure stick with a main because of this alone. Do you enjoy hunting because I'm sure most would like to do it once not 8 times.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    What is even the point of playing the game if you aren't even going to play the game?

You've already played the game though.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    MAEK wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    ...!. granting the huge amount of skill points all the sky shards grant to any ne lvl 1 character rolled is doubtful to interest Zos for what should be obvious reasons...
    ...Not going into how broken it would be to start a new character and have a plethora of skill points...

Could someone please explain to me why this would be bad? I mean, you don't really have anything to spend those skillpoints on when you're low leveled.

The skill points themselves not so much, but lore books, level 1 go to mages guild, join up, boom meteor in you pocket. :wink:

I mean its not really game breaking honestly.

It doesn't matter because new players wouldn't be able to do this.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on March 25, 2018 9:33PM
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ...!. granting the huge amount of skill points all the sky shards grant to any ne lvl 1 character rolled is doubtful to interest Zos for what should be obvious reasons...
    ...Not going into how broken it would be to start a new character and have a plethora of skill points...

Could someone please explain to me why this would be bad? I mean, you don't really have anything to spend those skillpoints on when you're low leveled.

The skill points themselves not so much, but lore books, level 1 go to mages guild, join up, boom meteor in you pocket. :wink:

It doesn't matter because new players wouldn't be able to do this.

not entirely sure how that is relevant though. The op made a request that would benefit accounts that have already done the leg work. I was simply making a snide remark regarding how it could make fresh alts strong (not really) by having an ult earlier than usual is all.
    Edited by exeeter702 on March 26, 2018 1:27AM
  • ToolWorX
    ToolWorX
    Soul Shriven
    Horse training should be per mount. Not per character.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Defilted wrote: »
    Make it so the locations are added to your map account wide after discovering the location of a skyshard or lore book.

There is an addon for that and you dont even need to discover locations first. In fact addons significantly enhance gameplay so much i would never dream of playing this game on console. Skyshard, lore book, quest locations...harvestmap, awesomeguildstore, mastermerchant, craftstore, TTC... i could go on. I cant imagine playing the game without all those addons that make the game much more bearable.

XBOX

I know which is why i said the last line. I wouldnt support every character being automatically given those items but would support that once shards, lorebooks, quest givers, and wayshrines are found by one character the location is shared with all other characters on that account.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone with 8 characters, all levelled up the long way, and near max CP, and all with Lorebooks and or skyshards depending on stam or mag, I support this move.

- Skyshards
    - Lorebooks
    - Mount Training
    - Achievements

The people who say, it will remove from the game experience, or you will stop playing the game.

It takes... 24 hours at most on a DPS load out and the "Skyshards" and "Lorebooks" add on to get them all. Throw in "Destination" and you will have every wayshrine at the same time.

Making achievements account wide would not impact anything at all. You would still need to to the quests to get their respective skill points.. Just be able have one big achievement list visible from all toons. I cannot think of any other game where achievement are not account wide.

Mount training will never be made account wide. Zos gets too much money from selling riding lessons to PvP Players looking to get their horse leveled at day 1. There is no where in PvE that you need mounts to be trained at all. Would be nice though.

How is that bolded part an argument FOR making that account wide while taking away the pleasure people of people who don't play their characters as a DPS machine of finding the skyshards and lore books again?

Dead skyshards are sad skyshards.

One of the best things about bringing a new character into a zone is that the skyshards are there to be collected.
    The Moot Councillor
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do not agree with it at all. Not all of my characters can, or should be able to, use the Master Angler or Tamriel Hero title just because I have achieved them on one toon.

I see it as unreasonable to have a new character at mages guild 10, with as many skill points as they need (but can't use yet) and at 60/60/60 in horse training on day 1 - just because you have done all of this on one character.

I am working on character number 14 and can actually remember where all of the skyshards and delves are. Most of my magic toons are at Mages guild 10 and only 2 characters are not 60/60/60 in horse training. Maybe my new toons should all be 9 trait crafters as well because, well, I did it on one and that should be enough.

No thanks, all fine as it is.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

- Skyshards
    - Lorebooks
    - Mount Training
    - Achievements

I dont know what they put in your Red Bull, but it wasnt caffeine. There are 405 shards in this game. We will ignore the fact that all of them are not accessible without certain conditions being met first and just assume they are. Just to collect shards alone in a 24 hour period means you have to collect a shard every 4 minutes.

And cyrodiil takes a lot longer, especially if your side doesnt own most of the map. I spent 2 hours collecting 10 shards in enemy territory one night running straight from shard to shard. Have you ever run around morrowind? No shortcuts, have to run the entire outskirts of the island. Some zones are hilly and mountainous requiring you to go around things sometimes WAY around them to get to a shard that is only a minute away if you could just run straight to it. And you have to search for shards, In some delves they are on a different level. You have to know what level they are on and how to get to it which includes running through half the delve or more to get to it.

Add the fact that if you dont have shards yet you probably dont have very many shrines unlocked and then add lorebooks on top of this. There are nearly 100 lorebooks in auridon alone. Even if you were efficient it would take you a couple of hours to collect them all in just auridon. Plus hundreds of wayshrines.

Even if your were built for speed and not dps you couldnt hit all locations in a 24 hour period. And your going to have to fight things a long the way. Many shards are guarded even if you manage to avoid most of the mobs to get to them. Public dungeons shards are fun you either have to be able to tank and kill groups of mobs, or sneak by them. And a few are very close to bosses.

You could probably unlock all shrines in 24 hours with some time leftover, but your not doing 405 shards in that time and definitely not with lorebooks in that too.
    Edited by Anotherone773 on March 26, 2018 2:51AM
  • MeltyLotus
    MeltyLotus
    ✭✭✭
    Take the speed and stam riding lessons and don't make them account wide but make them per mount.

The inventory increase can remain per character but be upgrade by the bag merchant.

It makes more sense to train the mount anyway.
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tetrafy wrote: »
    No.

I can assure you Ive played the game. But making it easier to jump on other characters would be nice. Especially since the cause/effect would be small. Change is good, and the only ones who would seem to be upset are those that spent the time doing it in the first place. Im diferent I guess, I prefer to make the experience better for the next person. Yes I'm on console, we don't get add ons.

For me, a character is the sum of their experiences in game and their properties (stats, gear etc.).

If you are "jump"ing between characters with the experiences (lorebook and skyshard collecting) from one being copied from one to another then how are you still playing a character? It sounds far more like you want a set of mechanical templates that you can switch between for endgame purposes... not characters.
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

Not really free if you had to get them once or in my case 15 times.

I agree it would be beyond broken if you just get it at level one but it can be something you get at level 50 just like jumping to your max CP.

When you are 5-15 characters in there is no sense of adventure. You can do everything in all three Alliances on one character so you don’t even have a new point of view. Achievements need to stay Character based. All classes can do hit the same marks in PvE content but all class can go a hill and hit E for 1/3 of a skill point.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Avalon
    Avalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I definitely agree with the skyshard part, because, Cyrodiil. Screw that place. I already hate PvP to begin with... but, often, my side doesn’t control hardly anything, so, hunting shards becomes near impossible.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToolWorX wrote: »

It was like that at the beginning of the game. People hated it and it got changed to per character when they introduced new mounts.

If it went back to per mount, the sales of new mounts would plummet because there is no way in hell people are going to constantly grind to train a new mount. I would have one mount and all 14 character would use that one mount because mount training is tedious.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you want to use the skills from skyshards and lore books, you earn them on THIS toon. You dont pick the easiest toon to run through everything once and let all your other wimpy toons benefit.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToolWorX wrote: »

Used to be, in fact. It was changed to the per character model with the introduction of the crown store, specifically so you wouldn't have to level up a new mount every time you wanted to ride something new and cool looking.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, Meteor is a very solid ultimate, and there's a few really good abilities buried in the Mages Guild tree that could screw balance for lowbies. Instant Lorebook access would create a situation where the moment you stepped in Cyrodiil at level 10, in the sub 50 campaign, you could bombard people from orbit, which would shift that campaign even harder in favor of players who know what they're doing and have practiced their skills on the Vet campaigns.
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

But you aren't getting everything for free, you are required to go out and find those items on the first toon.

So... yeah not free LOL
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like this as an option.
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tetrafy wrote: »
    As much as I love to re collect 1000 collectables it would be nice to only have to do this once per account. Nothing burns out new users more than a necessary grind to make other characters viable.

It's not necessary.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • Chairo_Kuma
    Chairo_Kuma
    ✭✭✭
    Make it so the locations are added to your map account wide after discovering the location of a skyshard or lore book.

There is an addon for that and you dont even need to discover locations first. In fact addons significantly enhance gameplay so much i would never dream of playing this game on console. Skyshard, lore book, quest locations...harvestmap, awesomeguildstore, mastermerchant, craftstore, TTC... i could go on. I cant imagine playing the game without all those addons that make the game much more bearable.

XBOX

PS4
    GM Esteemed/PS4 NA /Never Knows Best.....

• Redguard Stam Blade - 50 - AD
    • Argonian Mag Templar - 50 - AD
    • Redguard Stam Dragon Knight - 50 - AD
    • Breton Mag Blade - 50 - AD
    • Argonian Stam Warden - 50 - AD
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avalon wrote: »
    I definitely agree with the skyshard part, because, Cyrodiil. Screw that place. I already hate PvP to begin with... but, often, my side doesn’t control hardly anything, so, hunting shards becomes near impossible.

you obviously dont go there often. its so far from impossible except for 4 shards behind the gates. out of 45. the other 41 are so easily accessible to solo players to make the claim you did just shows how much you dont know about cyrodiil
  • VilniusNastavnik
    VilniusNastavnik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

- Skyshards
    - Lorebooks
    - Mount Training
    - Achievements

How is that bolded part an argument FOR making that account wide while taking away the pleasure people of people who don't play their characters as a DPS machine of finding the skyshards and lore books again?

Dead skyshards are sad skyshards.

One of the best things about bringing a new character into a zone is that the skyshards are there to be collected.

It took me less than 24 hours to get the ones I needed on my tank.. including HA to death all public dungeon bosses.

- Skyshards
    - Lorebooks
    - Mount Training
    - Achievements

I dont know what they put in your Red Bull, but it wasnt caffeine. There are 405 shards in this game. We will ignore the fact that all of them are not accessible without certain conditions being met first and just assume they are. Just to collect shards alone in a 24 hour period means you have to collect a shard every 4 minutes.

And cyrodiil takes a lot longer, especially if your side doesnt own most of the map. I spent 2 hours collecting 10 shards in enemy territory one night running straight from shard to shard. Have you ever run around morrowind? No shortcuts, have to run the entire outskirts of the island. Some zones are hilly and mountainous requiring you to go around things sometimes WAY around them to get to a shard that is only a minute away if you could just run straight to it. And you have to search for shards, In some delves they are on a different level. You have to know what level they are on and how to get to it which includes running through half the delve or more to get to it.

Add the fact that if you dont have shards yet you probably dont have very many shrines unlocked and then add lorebooks on top of this. There are nearly 100 lorebooks in auridon alone. Even if you were efficient it would take you a couple of hours to collect them all in just auridon. Plus hundreds of wayshrines.

Even if your were built for speed and not dps you couldnt hit all locations in a 24 hour period. And your going to have to fight things a long the way. Many shards are guarded even if you manage to avoid most of the mobs to get to them. Public dungeons shards are fun you either have to be able to tank and kill groups of mobs, or sneak by them. And a few are very close to bosses.

You could probably unlock all shrines in 24 hours with some time leftover, but your not doing 405 shards in that time and definitely not with lorebooks in that too.

Let me rephrase. All skyshards you need. You dont need all shards on all toons. Most toons can be done with round.. 10-12 zones cleared.. if that. Cyro is never needed. After the second toon you work out a path of least resistance and get the books as you move from shard to shard. Minimap also helps to streamline through delves to the shards. 24 hours is total time not 8 hours in a 24 hour day. Each zone.. 2 hours. Ill give ya a hint. Guildies also help with wayshrines. Likewise for books. 10-12 zoned until lvl 9..10.
    Edited by VilniusNastavnik on March 26, 2018 7:26AM
    Active Toons:
    NA - VilniusNastavnik - Magsorc DPS - Altmer
    NA - Ko'h Nehko'h - Stamblade Archer - Khajit
    NA - Arwyn Winterlight - MagPlar Healer - Breton
    NA - Urog Blackfang - DK Tank - Orc
    NA - Elen Windsong - Stamsorc DPS - Bosmer
    NA - Eats-Strange-Fungus - Magden HealzTank- Argonian
    NA - Harwyn Northwind - MagWarden DPS - High Elf
    NA - Raises-Many-Families - Necro HealzTank - Argonian

Picture of my Active Toons.

Obligatory ESO Fashion website plug: Vil's Portfolio
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES YES YES!!!!
  • terrordactyl1971
    terrordactyl1971
    ✭✭✭✭
    And horse training
  • drkfrontiers
    drkfrontiers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry no - play the game.

Want Alts then run the content. No reason to have a MAXed level character just because you have played through the content before.

Pretty obvious reason?

What will stop someone from creating hundreds of maxed out crafter toons to get daily materials etc.

Edited by drkfrontiers on March 26, 2018 7:58AM
    "One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche