The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Thanks for allowing Skyshards to be brought to other characters. Thread closed.

• Tetrafy
    Tetrafy
    ✭✭✭✭
    shack80 wrote: »
    Its a no from me. Its part of leveling system and it should stay the way it is. Mods might be coming later for consoles so dont mind about mod that would ad locations to your screen.

Doing the same thing over again on 15 characters, some of you people should have played swtor when the realized people actually want to create more than one character without putting 300 hours in.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've said this before and I will say it again ...

Achievements should unlock account wide so if the player wishes as some players hunt achievements for them selves others for thier character having the option is great for both

As for the actual skyshards them selves ... I think on console as we don't have add on collecting them on one character unlocks a marker on the map like for dolmens and mundus stones ...do only all three should unlock on the map for all characters ... Like a shared world map one characters finds it it's marked on the map for all
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again... No.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Tetrafy
    Tetrafy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Again... No.

Why not?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tetrafy wrote: »
    Again... No.

Why not?

Reasons that have been expressed in this thread, and others, over months, maybe years.
  • Tetrafy
    Tetrafy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Again... No.

Why not?

Reasons that have been expressed in this thread, and others, over months, maybe years.

Basically it ruins a small fraction of players experience probably like 10bpercent vs 90s. Since when did the needs of a few overturn the needs of many? You're telling me you would quit if they give the option to others?
    Edited by Tetrafy on January 20, 2019 8:38PM
  • FauxHunter
    FauxHunter
    ✭✭✭
    I would like either this as an option, or class change tokens.

I'm certainly not making any new characters at the moment since my play-style is maxing a character out. However I would spend lots of crowns on some way to preserve my collections and achievements while also experiencing a new class. I would also spend time and crowns on getting gear/mounts to fit my new class :smile:
    -Orion Snow-Lichen
    Bosmer Hunting Warden
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FauxHunter wrote: »

I'm certainly not making any new characters at the moment since my play-style is maxing a character out. However I would spend lots of crowns on some way to preserve my collections and achievements while also experiencing a new class. I would also spend time and crowns on getting gear/mounts to fit my new class :smile:

Class change is something ZOS says isn't something that is going to happen anytime soon
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FauxHunter wrote: »

Class change is something ZOS says isn't something that is going to happen anytime soon

More than that, they said it is something they are not interested in doing.
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Again no. Just play the game.

No, never this is a terrible request.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rather they give us addon support like skyrim and fallout
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Again... No.

Why not?

Basically it ruins a small fraction of players experience probably like 10bpercent vs 90s. Since when did the needs of a few overturn the needs of many? You're telling me you would quit if they give the option to others?
    You're running with the assumption that 90% of the playerbase wants this and 10% does not.

History and non-implementation thus far tend to disagree. Your 'needs' of the few is dead on, but I'm afraid you have your numbers inverted.

It's been a non-issue for 5 years. It will continue to be a non-issue for a few more.

<100 hours per character over the course of several years is hardly game breaking and does not impede anyone's gameplay simply by announcing so.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Tetrafy
    Tetrafy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Again... No.

Why not?

You're running with the assumption that 90% of the playerbase wants this and 10% does not.

History and non-implementation thus far tend to disagree. Your 'needs' of the few is dead on, but I'm afraid you have your numbers inverted.

It's been a non-issue for 5 years. It will continue to be a non-issue for a few more.

<100 hours per character over the course of several years is hardly game breaking and does not impede anyone's gameplay simply by announcing so.

The easier you make it to make more then a main the more likely it is to happen.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Again, you're assuming everyone wants it handed to them.

You can have more than enough skillpoints (which is why skyshards are such a concern) without every picking up a single shard (beyond the tutorial one, for those that wish to get picky). Base alliance war skills go pretty quick. Undaunted 9 in less than 25 hours. Basic guild skills in a handful of hours, as well.

Nothing saying you can't work on an alt, or alts over time. This is how most have ended up with 15 (or more). You don't have to be endgame ready the same day you create a new character.

I've stated it before, you can casual your way to fully functional in ~ 100 hours. How far back do you honestly expect it to be dialed back? What's your "Ready in X hours" goal?

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Account wide is sorely needed, and since it doesnt effect any other players but yourself make it a toggle to preserve those that want immersions.
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You spelled 'wanted' wrong. 10's of thousands of alts say it's not.
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on January 22, 2019 12:02PM

Earn it.

• mxxo
    mxxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    This dicussion never dies..

But honestly pls let it die. You can get Skillpoints that fast... For example: every public dungeon gives you 1,33 Skillpoints. Just run in, grab the shard, run to the group event, do the group event, port to the next. Even if you only own the basegame, this gives you 21,3 Skillpoints in no time and if you got ESO+ or DLCs unlocked its even around 30. Additionally you can do the beginning of the main quest which is rly fast and you have some more points. If thats not enough port to cyro get 2 free points for the skippable introquest and 1 or 2 for your first pvp ranks in minutes. If thats still not enough just run to some delves, grab shards run out + grab some overland shards.. i rly dont see the point of making skyshards account-bound.
    And console is no argument. If this becomes relevant to you, then it means you have more than 1 char. If you got more than 1 char, then just make a list/table where you can make a note which skyshard was taken by which char already. 5 mins of work to make such a list for x chars. Additionally you are able to take a look in achievement section for help.
    But i agree that skyshards should be on map at least for console players.
    Edited by mxxo on January 22, 2019 12:12PM
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A 'no' from me too - the exploration is something I enjoy doing when I just want to do something easy and chill for a bit between frantic trials! :D
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.
    No, No and No.

If you start this way so what's the next step ?

Edited by Xarc on January 22, 2019 12:24PM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xarcus wrote: »
    No no no and No.

If you start in this way so what's the next step ?

finally able to play more than single character
  • Svidrir
    Svidrir
    ✭✭✭
    Vote YES
    Ulaan Baator sorcier bdsm
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't this happening though, in a way?

https://imgur.com/a/jr0ZYnp

Skyshards and lorebooks are on the list.

Edit: This is also for console

Second edit: Ah...not account wide, no. But listing them in the zone guide will make it much easier for alts. And that's really the gist of what this post is about, eh?
    Edited by Kel on January 22, 2019 12:41PM
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I definitely don't care to see anything like this added. This isn't a game you're supposed to complete in a year. I understand it's repetitive and all but do you really need to get to 100% on all 15+ potential characters?
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edziu wrote: »
    Xarcus wrote: »
    No no no and No.

If you start in this way so what's the next step ?

finally able to play more than single character
    Nothing but stubbornness or laziness prevents that right now. In the time you've taken to post about this on various threads, you could have had a maxed out character list.
    Kel wrote: »
    Isn't this happening though, in a way?

https://imgur.com/a/jr0ZYnp

Skyshards and lorebooks are on the list.

Edit: This is also for console

Second edit: Ah...not account wide, no. But listing them in the zone guide will make it much easier for alts. And that's really the gist of what this post is about, eh?
    @Kel show the whole post if you're going here.

They're on the list, but only inasmuch as telling you how many are left. Unlike the rest of the items on the list, there is no location marker provided for these. This is indicated in the Dev note under the post.

Earn it.

• BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can have more than enough skillpoints (which is why skyshards are such a concern) without every picking up a single shard (beyond the tutorial one, for those that wish to get picky). Base alliance war skills go pretty quick. Undaunted 9 in less than 25 hours. Basic guild skills in a handful of hours, as well.

Nothing saying you can't work on an alt, or alts over time. This is how most have ended up with 15 (or more). You don't have to be endgame ready the same day you create a new character.

I've stated it before, you can casual your way to fully functional in ~ 100 hours. How far back do you honestly expect it to be dialed back? What's your "Ready in X hours" goal?

Actually, nobody here is suggesting everyone wants it handed to them, that's where the toggle or map markers that have been suggested by so many come in to it.

I know you can do the math but you're talking about 1500 hours (62.5 days) those people have spent just getting characters up to speed, doing the same thing over and over. What a joke.
    It takes like 2-4 hours to get a character to level 50 so today they'd only need to spend 30-60 hours levelling those 15 characters (Which in itself is less than your estimate of getting a single character up to speed) Again, what a joke.

I imagine whoever said 90% probably don't want to have to do that is pretty bang on the money.

Sky shards, lorebooks and other collectables are literally run-and-grab, no content involved, no minimum requirements, no skill; Just an unacceptable amount of time.

Why are you against a toggle on collectables? How does it affect you if someone knows where collectables are on the maps or has 150 skill points at level 1? As in, what is your actual problem with it, why are you fighting against it? I'm struggling to actually understand your issue.

It's a simple QOL change.

Just out of interest: Would you agree that we should remove all addons from PC, including these markers, auction house addons and all the rest that provide equally simple QOL help to players?

1556re1.png

That's the top addons, in order: Skyshard locations, Lorebook locations, Crafting & trait tracker, Node maps, Detailed combat metrics (Not just SCT), Not entirely sure what the map rebuild is for (Vortan), A UI and Quest locations.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Skyshards addon doesn't hand them to people; just gives you a map marker so you can go collect them yourself if you put in the time. I see nothing wrong with implementing an official "addon" for both PC and consoles that would do the same thing. But that's not what's being asked for, is it?
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    The Skyshards addon doesn't hand them to people; just gives you a map marker so you can go collect them yourself if you put in the time. I see nothing wrong with implementing an official "addon" for both PC and consoles that would do the same thing. But that's not what's being asked for, is it?

It's one of the fallbacks that has come out of the discussion that people are probably more than happy to settle for - It still isn't ideal and I imagine it's not tied to console players specifically but it's better than what we currently have.

I seen they're putting them in a zone guide which is great, but nobody is having a hard time tracking them - As I said, we have to go to google and get marked maps which we can simply check off against our skyshards in the achievements tab already and it sounds like we still will.
    Edited by BNOC on January 22, 2019 1:32PM

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @BNOC , the 100 hour mark is for casual progression. After the first character, playing a bit here and there on an alt is not that big of a deal.

62.5 days sounds really scary, until you realize that's about 4 days per character in game. Less than half a week, real time. You never have to do it again on that alt...ever, and you're good to play for better than half a decade. That gives you one of each role, one of each race.

That doesn't sound all that unreasonable to me, whatever platform you're on.

Regarding markers, not once have I indicated being against marker availability, so long as you've manually found them on one character, at least once.

And, no, I'd have no problem with removal of said addons. Again, you do Group Events, 4 Man's, and simply grab the shards and books you happen across by the glow you see, and you can still be viable. None of these things were available when the game launched, leveling was much slower, all the way to up to VR's (per character, too), and yet it was still manageable then, as it is now.

You are not obligated to collect every shard out there to be fully endgame functional in at least one role. Addition of new DLC, with new main quests, will only make more points available, easily acquired.

I've even gone so far as to suggest getting a percentage of your total combined characters' shards/books as a head start. That way each subsequent character is a little faster and easier, but not handed on a silver platter the moment you hit character #2 or collect enough crowns.

My 'issue' is that it's lazy. Period. There are enough things in game already that fast forward progress. It's not that big of a deal to take a little bit of time to get used to a character and build in the process of collecting a minimum of other stuff.

I've never finished Gold. I've some characters who haven't even so much as touched the main line, yet I sit at almost 2 dozen maxed characters between two accounts, across two servers. Some of those have less than a week's playtime IRL and are capable of any content thus far. I know for a fact it's doable.

100 hours per, for five years' of play is far from unacceptable.

If you want a template character, that is, and always will be, what the PTS is for.

Threads like this, requesting various catchup mechanics (beyond the generous ones they already provide) make it sound as if it takes weeks, months, or years to possibly be able to play at a certain level, and it does not.

Earn it.

• BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BNOC , the 100 hour mark is for casual progression. After the first character, playing a bit here and there on an alt is not that big of a deal.

62.5 days sounds really scary, until you realize that's about 4 days per character in game. Less than half a week, real time. You never have to do it again on that alt...ever, and you're good to play for better than half a decade. That gives you one of each role, one of each race.

That doesn't sound all that unreasonable to me, whatever platform you're on.

Regarding markers, not once have I indicated being against marker availability, so long as you've manually found them on one character, at least once.

And, no, I'd have no problem with removal of said addons. Again, you do Group Events, 4 Man's, and simply grab the shards and books you happen across by the glow you see, and you can still be viable. None of these things were available when the game launched, leveling was much slower, all the way to up to VR's (per character, too), and yet it was still manageable then, as it is now.

You are not obligated to collect every shard out there to be fully endgame functional in at least one role. Addition of new DLC, with new main quests, will only make more points available, easily acquired.

I've even gone so far as to suggest getting a percentage of your total combined characters' shards/books as a head start. That way each subsequent character is a little faster and easier, but not handed on a silver platter the moment you hit character #2 or collect enough crowns.

My 'issue' is that it's lazy. Period. There are enough things in game already that fast forward progress. It's not that big of a deal to take a little bit of time to get used to a character and build in the process of collecting a minimum of other stuff.

I've never finished Gold. I've some characters who haven't even so much as touched the main line, yet I sit at almost 2 dozen maxed characters between two accounts, across two servers. Some of those have less than a week's playtime IRL and are capable of any content thus far. I know for a fact it's doable.

100 hours per, for five years' of play is far from unacceptable.

If you want a template character, that is, and always will be, what the PTS is for.

Threads like this, requesting various catchup mechanics (beyond the generous ones they already provide) make it sound as if it takes weeks, months, or years to possibly be able to play at a certain level, and it does not.

I agree 4 days, even at real time is very good for your first character - I levelled at console launch which was VR and did take much longer as you said. To then to have to do that same ~50-96h grind for every other character is a little excessive, especially since getting it up to level only takes 2-4 hours. It's one of those as well, you aren't required to collect these things if you just want to play the game, but if you don't you will be weaker for it - You are forced into doing it to be competitive (though I can agree this might not be everyone's goal)

Yeah I can see that you hadn't said anything about markers, I was just assuming it was a blanket no based on your comments, that's my bad and I'm glad we can agree that is a nice QOL change.

In regards to the addons on PC - Some of those are so basic that they should just be built into the game. I of course don't actually want them removed else what would I be posting in this thread for, but if they were I would expect to see a lot more similar threads coming from PC players.
    In regards to manageability, it's not any more manageable on console than it was back then, it literally hasn't changed or got quicker in 4 years, optional access to addons has sped that up for PC players (Those that choose it)

I've also never finished gold, I wouldn't of chose to do any questing if I wasn't forced to do it back then to unlock the new zones either.

I agree a lot of changes that have been made are lazy, but I can't agree that you get used to your character and or build anything whilst collecting skyshards and lorebooks - At most you have to kill a couple of elite trolls along the way, on your 1% speed mount, without any wayshrines - I'd rather spend 8 hours levelling up than 2 and the remaining 6 collecting things.

At a 100h casual estimate, it takes someone playing 2h a day 50 days - We are talking about weeks and months to get up to speed.

Anyway.. "I've even gone so far as to suggest getting a percentage of your total combined characters' shards/books as a head start. That way each subsequent character is a little faster and easier, but not handed on a silver platter the moment you hit character #2 or collect enough crowns." - This is a great idea, I like it a lot, middle ground.

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »

Actually, nobody here is suggesting everyone wants it handed to them, that's where the toggle or map markers that have been suggested by so many come in to it.

I know you can do the math but you're talking about 1500 hours (62.5 days) those people have spent just getting characters up to speed, doing the same thing over and over. What a joke.
    It takes like 2-4 hours to get a character to level 50 so today they'd only need to spend 30-60 hours levelling those 15 characters (Which in itself is less than your estimate of getting a single character up to speed) Again, what a joke.

I imagine whoever said 90% probably don't want to have to do that is pretty bang on the money.

Sky shards, lorebooks and other collectables are literally run-and-grab, no content involved, no minimum requirements, no skill; Just an unacceptable amount of time.

Why are you against a toggle on collectables? How does it affect you if someone knows where collectables are on the maps or has 150 skill points at level 1? As in, what is your actual problem with it, why are you fighting against it? I'm struggling to actually understand your issue.

It's a simple QOL change.

Just out of interest: Would you agree that we should remove all addons from PC, including these markers, auction house addons and all the rest that provide equally simple QOL help to players?

1556re1.png

That's the top addons, in order: Skyshard locations, Lorebook locations, Crafting & trait tracker, Node maps, Detailed combat metrics (Not just SCT), Not entirely sure what the map rebuild is for (Vortan), A UI and Quest locations.

“It takes 2-4 hours”
    It took me 3-4 MONTHS to get my main to level 30