Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Summerset when you already own Morrowind

TBQ
TBQ
I went to pre-order Summerset via Steam and it gave me a warning message that I was purchasing a game I already owned (Morrowind, which I bought via pre-order when it came out). I backed out before completing the purchase just to be on the safe side.

Is there a special version those of us who already own Morrowind are supposed to be selecting? I don't want to pay twice for what I've already got, I just want the Summerset expansion.

Thanks
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TBQ wrote: »
    I don't want to pay twice for what I've already got, I just want the Summerset expansion.

There's no way to avoid it.
  • TBQ
    TBQ
    Argh. That's disappointing. Is it going to try to re-download Morrowind too?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On steam for PC\NA, I did not have to download anything. Morrowind was fine, just as it normally was.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't buy the full Chapter. If you already own Morrowind, you have to "upgrade" and it's 20$ cheaper.

Source : https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26343

Scroll down all the way to the different editions, you will see the upgrades there.
    Edited by frozywozy on March 28, 2018 1:40AM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • TBQ
    TBQ
    The upgrade version is the one that I picked, sadly. Looks like all versions come with Morrowind. It's such an odd choice. Why not have options for those of us who have Morrowind already?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBQ wrote: »
    The upgrade version is the one that I picked, sadly. Looks like all versions come with Morrowind. It's such an odd choice. Why not have options for those of us who have Morrowind already?

Because its free, whether you do or don't own Morrowind.
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind £5 off to pre-purchase without Morrowind as I already own that

so basically they throw in morrowind on top if you pre-purchase... the sench is ugly imo but a free crate is always a bonus. Normally I'd be against pre-purchasing ANYTHING but in this case the DLC looks good.

I became a lot less trusting of Zenimax and Bethesda with Fallout 4 lacking substance and ESO's Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild DLC's requiring you to grind "radiant" quests to get at the Guild story quests...

Optional dailies are fine but "radiant" quests are ruining their RPG's and I'm worried about the future of my favorite franchises :-/

Sorry... got a little off topic I know.
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.