The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Book furnishings take up too many slots

AefionBloodclaw
AefionBloodclaw
✭✭✭✭
I just got my hands on the Aldmeri Dominion Auridon lore books which are readable book furnishings, but am a bit annoyed that they each take up 1 furnishing slot each. So, when I get all the AD lore books, that will be a massive chunk of 50 furnishings slots gone, not including the actual book shelf to put them on. I have Black Vine Villa, so its not feasible to have a library there, so I will have to buy another house. But even in a new house it will be taking up a lot of furnishing slots, and hypothetically, if I were to get the DC and EP ones as well that'd be 150 book furnishings, which would be painful. I would basically have a pretty bare house, with bookshelves and books in it. What I think would be great for a future furnishing is all one alliance lore books combined into 1 furnishing slot. Are there any furnishings like this available? I'm pretty much gonna give up on having a library with readable books.
'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
Aefion Bloodclaw, Bosmer Sorcerer
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Books and bottles that go in wine racks are my #1 pet peeves with item slots. I feel like once a book is in a bookcase or a bottle is in a wine rack it should combine with it and be counted as one thing.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Books and bottles that go in wine racks are my #1 pet peeves with item slots. I feel like once a book is in a bookcase or a bottle is in a wine rack it should combine with it and be counted as one thing.

yep agreed, my main residence is a "guildhall" which me and my friends all chipped in for, and we have an empty wine rack, and its occurred to me that if we fill it with bottles that's what 9 or 10 furnishings slots gone. Plus we have empty bookshelves because the idea was to put the lorebooks for each of the factions there once we'd done the zones. And its supposed to be a guildhall where we're all meant to be able to decide what to put in, but with these things taking up so many slots I doubt we're gonna do that now :/
    'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
    Aefion Bloodclaw, Bosmer Sorcerer
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS really needs to have more "finished" furnishings, like the full Redguard and Dunmer bookcases, or the plates with food on them for Clockwork City. I'll happily trade the creativity of arranging my books just so for the extra item slots of have the bookcases already filled nicely.

A bookcase storage container for readable books would be perfect.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS really needs to have more "finished" furnishings, like the full Redguard and Dunmer bookcases, or the plates with food on them for Clockwork City. I'll happily trade the creativity of arranging my books just so for the extra item slots of have the bookcases already filled nicely.

A bookcase storage container for readable books would be perfect.

As long as it also looks like a bookcase and can be interacted with by anyone I think this would be a great idea.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!