The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Class Change Tokens? - ZoS, Please Answer This Time!

Tyrobag
Tyrobag
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Class change tokens have been something that many of us have been asking about for quite some time. With the new chapter, I had a new character planned that was going to use the new class with the chapter (which didn't happen). I'd obviously still like to use said character for Summerset, but unless I know that I can change it to the next new class I don't want to waste the character's concept.
Can you guys please finally answer this one question: Will you ever add Class Change Tokens to The Elder Scrolls Online? And know that my new character's life hangs in the balance.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're about to get a ton of weirdos who like to control other people's character choices really mad with this one lol. Good luck.

*very quietly*

I agree with you.

Also summerset won't have a new class as of yet. And I don't think it will
    Edited by Apache_Kid on March 22, 2018 2:28PM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have already answered that in the past. Class change tokens are not available because the difficulty of coding it outweighs the benefits, if I’m remembering that correctly.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last answer I heard, from over a year ago, was "not intending to do it, ever". (back then, they were still thinking about alliance change tho)
    Haven't heard anything about them changing their minds in the meantime...
    ...but if they keep adding new classes, the issue will become ever more pressing. If on the other hand they don't ever add another class but instead go with skill lines... then we need no class change.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As said above the last official word they ever made was "not planning it".

It's unlikely for them to come to the forum and make a direct yes/no statement as if plans ever changed people would throw it back in their face.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Want to become NB right ?
  • SecretJoy
    SecretJoy
    ✭✭✭
    I highly doubt this will ever be a thing. I don't know of any other mmo that allows you to change your class after character creation.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Want to become NB right ?

I would like to change my stamblade to a stamsorc for a few months for a change of pace.
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    As said above the last official word they ever made was "not planning it".

It's unlikely for them to come to the forum and make a direct yes/no statement as if plans ever changed people would throw it back in their face.

This ^ "but, but you promised us!" to "You lied to us!"
  • Franieck
    Franieck
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love this as well