The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Summary of announced jewelry crafting system (updated 4/02)

davey1107
davey1107
✭✭✭✭✭
Not a lot of info, but for those who don’t want to watch a 27 minute video, here’s a run down of everything announced today about this system. (Corrections welcome)

- Gina Bruno promises long official write up as they get closer to test server launch.

- jewelry crafting coming with Sommerset in June!

- You have to buy the chapter to craft jewelry at all. You cannot use a station anywhere if you don’t have the content unlocked.

- Will introduce six new traits to pair with arcane, robust, healthy

- Announced traits:
- bloodthirsty, increases your damage the lower the health of your enemy, a sort of execute build oriented trait.
- harmony, increases effect of synergies you activate.

Jewelry will be its own stations. They’ll be located wherever other craft stations are.

Set jewelry will be made at set jewelry stations, located at those set locations. Set jewelry will Be Bind on Equip (confirmed by Zos).

No announcement on stations for homes, but we’d assume there will be.

You can deconstruct, build, research, etc.

There will be a jewelry skill line with passives like the other trade skills.

There will be jewelry daily writs. There will be master writs.

There will be jewelry nodes, and therefore new jewelry mats. These will be located all over the world and any player can collect them regardless if they own Summerset (confirmed directly by Zos).
Edited by davey1107 on April 2, 2018 9:23PM
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    Example trait: bloodthirsty, increases your damage the lower the health of your enemy, a sort of execute build oriented trait.
    I thought they said your damage increases as your health gets lower, not your enemies health.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    Example trait: bloodthirsty, increases your damage the lower the health of your enemy, a sort of execute build oriented trait.
    I thought they said your damage increases as your health gets lower, not your enemies health.

That's what I heard as well. So a sort of enrage, with you doing the raging. Could be wrong. Will have to rewatch.
    Edited by Orticia on March 22, 2018 5:23PM
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also heard the "execute trait" where enemy hp needs to go down... but naybe they have both?
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Six new traits, huh. I imagine you'll need to know how to craft the same number of traits as armor for a given set. That's days to months of researching. Also, where will these new traits drop? Most drop sets are locked in stat+armor weight combos. Is each set type getting a couple more traits? Will we need to farm unlinked sets like Trainee or Briarheart, or random trash drops? Is there a single drop chance from the final Psijic quest reward, a la Upper Craglorn and Nirnhoned, or will we need to farm the new trial for bind on pick up drops?
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully only existing craftable sets can be upgraded and not looted sets. Otherwise the game will be nerfed so much there will be little incentive to play, especially vet content
  • saxgooner
    saxgooner
    ✭✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »
    Hopefully only existing craftable sets can be upgraded and not looted sets. Otherwise the game will be nerfed so much there will be little incentive to play, especially vet content

It will probably be only craftable sets as it would be too much trouble to be able to do drop sets
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    saxgooner wrote: »

It will probably be only craftable sets as it would be too much trouble to be able to do drop sets

I don't know..... If I wanted a set of gold SPC I'd just have to farm the normal WGT and then have my crafter upgrade... no need to do vet.... Not sure why they would do it different for jewelry....
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Disagree.

The ability to get gold warmachine or gold alkosh isn't going to disincentivize anyone from trying to get their first vMoL or vHoF clears.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »

I don't know..... If I wanted a set of gold SPC I'd just have to farm the normal WGT and then have my crafter upgrade... no need to do vet.... Not sure why they would do it different for jewelry....

@Lumsdenml You can't get gold SPC from vet, only purple.

Currently, there isn't actually a way to get gold SPC jewelry unless someone has ancient unbound pieces from when vet trials dropped dungeon rewards as well, and I'm not sure WGT was ever included in that loot table.

Case in point though: this will be a nice thing for healers, and it won't suddenly disincentivize healing.
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.

"30s to eval"
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm more worried about the ability to pair Tava's Favor with Hist Bark on a DK tank, or heavy armor Kagrenac's Hope with heavy Eyes of Mara on a magplar healer.

Any word on crafted jewelry allowing us to combine crafted sets?
    Edited by waitwhat on March 22, 2018 11:24PM

"30s to eval"
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    waitwhat wrote: »
    I'm more worried about the ability to pair Tava's Favor with Hist Bark on a DK tank, or heavy armor Kagrenac's Hope with heavy Eyes of Mara on a magplar healer.

Any word on crafted jewelry allowing us to combine crafted sets?

OP pointed out that they said that we will be able to craft jewelry for crafted sets. Additionally that you will be able to improve jewelry to gold level.

And the Golden in Cyrodiil now has a chance to sell Gold jewelry from dungeon sets like SPC. She recently had DLC jewelry sets available, so it's only a matter of time for SPC.

The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • Kumbiya
    Kumbiya
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think jewelry crafting will have much of an effect on end game raiding, to be honest. If people only cared about gearing up then they would have stopped doing end game content as soon as they got the gear they were looking for - which obviously isn't the case for the great majority of raiders. The same incentive structure will be there - going for leaderboard scores, getting achievements and their associated titles/skins, and in general having fun with people you enjoy playing with; albeit there will be slightly less incentive to do vet trials in regards to gearing. People will also always be interested in getting plunder, and those able to farm vet content should have an upper leg on the jewelry crafting mats economy.

I also think Cloudrest looks like it could be the best trial they'll have released yet, and I'm sure most of the raiding community will be anxious to get in there once it's released.
    CP 700+
    Rohuku - Redguard StamDK/Tank & Master Crafter
    Mogubishu - Altmer Warden Healer/Mag DPS
    Ruyanril - Dunmer Magblade
    Treads-Muddy-Waters - Argonian DK Tank

vAA HM/vHRC HM/vSO HM/vMoL/vHoF/vAS/vDSA/vMA
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TorukMakto @Orticia

I reviewed this section of the video announcement, and bloodthirsty is definitely described as increased dps as the target’s health goes down.

There are five other new traits which are not described in the video. It’s possible that somewhere else a Zos employee has discussed increased dps based on your character’s health, but I haven’t seen anything detailing any of the other New traits.
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    @davey1107: Thanks for the clarification. Guess I just heard it wrong. Or it was wishful thinking that it made more sense the other way round!
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    waitwhat wrote: »
    Lumsdenml wrote: »

@Lumsdenml You can't get gold SPC from vet, only purple.

Currently, there isn't actually a way to get gold SPC jewelry unless someone has ancient unbound pieces from when vet trials dropped dungeon rewards as well, and I'm not sure WGT was ever included in that loot table.

Case in point though: this will be a nice thing for healers, and it won't suddenly disincentivize healing.
    Found that the jewelry drop chance in WGT is very low especially for SPC. The vaults has been my main source.
    Don't have an blue SPC jewelry outside of the named necklace even after farmed WGT a lot on normal.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Muttsmutt
    Muttsmutt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    do you think it will have new nodes and mats, or use blacksmithing mats?
    PC-EU // UNDEAD
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Muttsmutt wrote: »
    do you think it will have new nodes and mats, or use blacksmithing mats?

I don't know about mats and nodes, but according to the new chapter preview, it will include a new craft stations. They'll be at all the craft/set locations but you'll need to own the new chapter to use them.
    CRAFT CUSTOM (AND POWERFUL) JEWELRY
    If you enjoy crafting your own gear, ESO: Summerset allows you to learn and master an all-new Jewelry Crafting Skill Line. Jewelry Crafting works very similar to many of ESO's other crafting Skills Lines, and you'll be able to create, deconstruct, research, and improve rings and necklaces, allowing you to truly tailor all of your items.

Throughout Tamriel, you can find new Jewelry Crafting Stations (including set stations) that allow you to create custom jewelry for the current crafted item sets, and you will be able to complete Writs and Master Writs like any other crafting Skill Line. Note that the Summerset Chapter is required to use the new Crafting Stations.

Finally, in addition to the three Traits you're used to jewelry having (Healthy, Arcane, and Robust), we're adding six brand-new ones to the game, giving you exclusive all-new options for your character's jewelry. These new Traits include Harmony, which increases the effectiveness of any Synergies that you activate, and Bloodthirsty, which increases damage against low-health enemies. Keep an eye out on The Elder Scrolls Online official website for more information on the new Traits and prepare for the first time to be able to craft, upgrade, and customize your own rings and necklaces!
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes to new mats and nodes, I amended the post because I was able to verify this.