The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Forumers Crying for nerfs in a Nutshell

TimeDazzler
TimeDazzler
✭✭✭✭✭
26ulm1.jpg
26ulgy.jpg
26ulr5.jpg
26ulv5.jpg
26ulxy.jpg
26um3g.jpg
26um6z.jpg

ZoS knows how to balance their game, stop whining and be patient. We don't need a reminder every week of what class killed you in open world that you have to make nerf threads about shortly after.
PC NA
Characters:
Tımë Ðâzzlër - Stamina Warden - AD
Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - AD
Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What if some people on PC got upset when their add-on to help counter Nightblades received changes? Now, without their add-on crutch perhaps they don't know how to use in-game skills to counter Nightblades and are lashing out on the forum?
  • Glockcoma725
    Glockcoma725
    ✭✭✭
    Nerf the forums I say
    PC-NA CP570 @Glockcoma725
    Maximus Dezimus Meridius Tank DragonKight
    Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade
    Myrddin Emrys DD Sorceror
    Smokes-All-Herbs Healer Templar
    Azog the Defiler DD Warden
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cries wrote: »
    ZoS knows how to balance their game, stop whining and be patient. We don't need a reminder every week of what class killed you in open world that you have to make nerf threads about shortly after.

Shareholder: "we need to make warden now attractive to justify making players pay 50 dollars to pay for something they get free access with ESO Plus"

ZoS 1: "we can remove major mending from Templar, and give them all the buffs Templars have been asking for to make their class compete against sorcs/nightblades in both pve/pvp. That should work!"

Zos2:. "I disagree, Templars need that major mending because we nerfed their sweeps heal and bol cost was increased. Plus crit DMG passives are bugged and impacting heals, when they shouldn't be."

Shareholder: "onto other news, company profits are down and I'll need you to fire one or two employees to compensate". ::stares intensely at Zos 2::
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Shareholder: "we need to make warden now attractive to justify making players pay 50 dollars to pay for something they get free access with ESO Plus"

ZoS 1: "we can remove major mending from Templar, and give them all the buffs Templars have been asking for to make their class compete against sorcs/nightblades in both pve/pvp. That should work!"

Zos2:. "I disagree, Templars need that major mending because we nerfed their sweeps heal and bol cost was increased. Plus crit DMG passives are bugged and impacting heals, when they shouldn't be."

Shareholder: "onto other news, company profits are down and I'll need you to fire one or two employees to compensate". ::stares intensely at Zos 2::

ZoS: Powerlash 3sec cooldown, searing strike and morphs dodgeable...
    Forums: OMFG my magDK is gonna be unplayable thanks ZoS!
    Reality: MagDK buffed and stronger than ever
    Edited by TimeDazzler on March 21, 2018 5:58PM
    PC NA
    Characters:
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

ZoS: Powerlash 3sec cooldown, searing strike and morphs dodgeable...
    Forums: OMFG my magDK is gonna be unplayable thanks ZoS!
    Reality: MagDK buffed and stronger than ever

Lol that's good. Here's another one:

Forums: "mag DK is soooo broken it's terrible"

::6 DK build/1vX threads posted on PvP combat forum in one day::
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An then instead Wrobel nerfs a bunch of systems and the opposite class complained about . Then creates a new interrupt system . This is why if you discover a strong build its best to keep it to yourself . It's not that it will get nerfed , the whole game will get nerfed .
  • Dedricus
    Dedricus
    ✭✭✭
    ZoS knows how to balance their game

Not with the current disparity between the top and bottom classes, they don't.

• TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dedricus wrote: »
    The game is painfully imbalanced and needs sweeping changes for things to improve.

I agree, but buffing/nerfing X class every week/month like most people on the forums suggest won't do a thing. A start would be reworking DK's in general and overhauling the CP system. Not that DK's both stam and mag are unplayable but feel outdated.
    PC NA
    Characters:
  • Dedricus
    Dedricus
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, but buffing/nerfing X class every week/month like most people on the forums suggest won't do a thing. A start would be reworking DK's in general and overhauling the CP system.

Opening with that would have made you seem a lot more reasonable. People are angry and trying to poke fun at/ridicule them isn't a good way to go about it.
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meme started strong and ended fail...

The world may never know? Cmon the world will know all too soon.
  • Yamakaziing
    Yamakaziing
    ✭✭✭
    Lol always gonna be people defending bogus bologna
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf the forums I say
    giphy.gif

@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You’re wrong. #nerfSorc is a continuum on this forum.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly feel classes are in the most part pretty close to balance. I say pretty close because true balance isn't possible. So yeh, pretty close to balanced.

Apart from Stam warden. I can't even play mine anymore, it's boring. Just stay alive and kite (which is way too easy) until ult is up (which won't be long because ult gain is phenomenal). Shalks, dizzying, dawnbreaker, reverse slie, dead. Pretty much everyone.

They really need toning down a bit. The 3 key things you need in pvp are survivability, sustain and damage. Warden has all 3 in abundance.

Like I said, I don't play mine anymore. Plus Xbox eu is just full of Stan warden groups stacking dawnbreaker and steal tornado. It is the most boring meta in pvp I've seen in a long time.

This won't be a popular post because a lot of people just jumped on the Stam warden bandwagon, but change them a bit and pvp would be fairly balanced.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, the big problem with this game is people who play one, maybe two classes and only scream buffs to them and nerfs to others.

ZOS has this new class outreach thing yet ask for experienced players of a class. They should be experienced with every class and then maybe super experienced with the one.
  • Kolache
    Kolache
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is timing really a surprise here?
    People have always hated magsorcs (and still do).
    Stamdens couldn't be hated until they were released.
    NBs couldn't be (more) hated until addon bandaids were removed.

What's next? I guess it depends on what changes in the game... shocker
    Something being unbalanced in 1v1 does not imply that it is balanced in group play.
  • Animus-ESO
    Animus-ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    I honestly feel classes are in the most part pretty close to balance. I say pretty close because true balance isn't possible. So yeh, pretty close to balanced.

Apart from Stam warden. I can't even play mine anymore, it's boring. Just stay alive and kite (which is way too easy) until ult is up (which won't be long because ult gain is phenomenal). Shalks, dizzying, dawnbreaker, reverse slie, dead. Pretty much everyone.

They really need toning down a bit. The 3 key things you need in pvp are survivability, sustain and damage. Warden has all 3 in abundance.

Like I said, I don't play mine anymore. Plus Xbox eu is just full of Stan warden groups stacking dawnbreaker and steal tornado. It is the most boring meta in pvp I've seen in a long time.

This won't be a popular post because a lot of people just jumped on the Stam warden bandwagon, but change them a bit and pvp would be fairly balanced.

Balancing wardens will be easy though, put a cool down on major heroism on that sheild. Nerf shalk so it doesn't hit as hard as dawnbreaker.
    Dude Where's My Guar?
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balancing wardens will be easy though, put a cool down on major heroism on that sheild. Nerf shalk so it doesn't hit as hard as dawnbreaker.
    They need to find a way to nerf Stamina Warden without completely ruining Magicka Warden.

Edit: I'm not claiming that a nerf to Shimmering Shield would ruin Magicka Wardens. It should be fairly obvious that the ability has needed a sizable nerf for quite some time, and not just the Major Heroism portion; it's way too much of a counter to most Magicka setups, while doing nothing to most Stamina builds. Oh boy what I'd give for the other morph to make that trade off; absorb 3 melee attacks and not do anything to projectiles.
    Edited by wheem_ESO on March 24, 2018 12:17PM
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If ZOS doesn't balance something, people think they can force ZOS to. It's worked in the past...

It doesn't mean that people that take to the forums regarding balance are wrong, sometimes (probably more than just sometimes) they are right.

The issue that arises is that impassioned people taking to their soapboxes regarding an issue engage in gross hyperbole in order to be "heard". Reasonable arguments don't generate views of threads like exaggerated baiting ones do.

Take your final example of nerf stamblades now. Are Stamblades ridiculously overpowered and easy mode to play? No, of course they aren't. Is there a balance issue regarding stamblades and how it's nearly ridiculous to have to build in such a way to deal with them as their population increases and increases in pvp? Sure there is. There is and has been an inherent issue with shadowy disguise and how it operates in certain pvp encounters. It doesn't amount to much in the overall zerg vs zerg and keep takes though or the in general state of cyrondil.

For overall pvp heavy armor and stuff like fortified brass and bleed builds are probably a larger balance problem.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Isn’t like to point out to any Magicka sorcerers posting in the ‘nerf nightblade’ threads:

If they nerf nightblades, who do you think is going to be next? I’ll give you four guesses, but you'll only need one.

:lol: at least now we can point at nightblades and honestly say: “without shield stacking we’re dead in two seconds”. :trollface:
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really good post. If people would spend more time learning and playing rather than qq ing about abilities that not have changed much in over three years people might actually get better. Or conversely they could use inner light detect pots revealing flare... you know alll the counter play like you know.... any AOE whatsoever.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Smithernest54
    Get rid of Block casting and animation canceling. ZOS has been nerfing and changing everything to accommodate for these broken programming mishaps. It’s time for it to go or pvp is going to be an echo chamber.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Get rid of Block casting and animation canceling. ZOS has been nerfing and changing everything to accommodate for these broken programming mishaps. It’s time for it to go or pvp is going to be an echo chamber.

why, why... why after 4 years they should change what makes this game different from the others? Isn't it easier to learn how to CC a permablocker or use a stam poison?

Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    We removed a few baiting comments and decided to close this thread since it was no longer productive or on topic. Friendly reminder to keep on topic with the original post and make sure your comments stay constructive. You can find our forum rules here if you have any questions.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.