The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rework Suggestion for Warden Bear Ultimate (Video Proof)

IARTOI
IARTOI
✭✭✭
As we all know Warden's bear ultimate is really underperformance since it released. I mean we have to slot that ultimate on both bar but its almost useless in PvP. For duels it can be OK. cuz in small area bear doesn't has to move a lot. But in Cyrodiil bear is so slow and can't catch enemies especially who has speed buff. I don't even count Nightblades. When we activate ultimate bear chasing enemy until it hit the damage but after some time it can't hit and ultimate being wasted. So my suggestion is give bear a leap to enemy (from 10-15m distance) ability when ultimate activated like in teaser video of Morrowind. For example remove the stun ability from bear's heavy attack and add it to when bear leap to enemy. This would be more sensible. Please ZoS team consider this. You can bring this new skill rework in next chapter.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_MichaelM @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_BillE
Edited by IARTOI on April 5, 2018 10:48PM
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or make it into charge attack. It's been suggested several times btw, no answer from ZOS though.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • IARTOI
    IARTOI
    ✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Or make it into charge attack. It's been suggested several times btw, no answer from ZOS though.

Yeah I just wanted to remind again. They really need to change it. Such an good ultimate can not being used. I hope they do something good.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A gap closer on the activated portion of the attack would be fine IMO. Make it a charge animation for the bear, but I'm still hopeful that we'll eventually get other animal skins for it (senche, wolf, etc.) and then a leap animation could be used for the same effect.

Aside from that, I dont see a problem with it underperforming in pvp - pets are never all that powerful in pvp anyways. Look at pet sorcs - their pets do literally nothing in pvp aside from occasional aoe damage or healing provided by the secondary activated effects. Making pets powerful enough to be a threat in pvp would probably make them overpowered all around; their place is really in pve as a damage source (essentially all a pet does is act like a permanent damage over time effect at no additional cost, and that's fine by me). When it comes to pvp, other ultimates are better as they should be.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are annoying in PVP though, especially when you are trying to target a sorc hiding behind three.
  • IARTOI
    IARTOI
    ✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    A gap closer on the activated portion of the attack would be fine IMO. Make it a charge animation for the bear, but I'm still hopeful that we'll eventually get other animal skins for it (senche, wolf, etc.) and then a leap animation could be used for the same effect.

Aside from that, I dont see a problem with it underperforming in pvp - pets are never all that powerful in pvp anyways. Look at pet sorcs - their pets do literally nothing in pvp aside from occasional aoe damage or healing provided by the secondary activated effects. Making pets powerful enough to be a threat in pvp would probably make them overpowered all around; their place is really in pve as a damage source (essentially all a pet does is act like a permanent damage over time effect at no additional cost, and that's fine by me). When it comes to pvp, other ultimates are better as they should be.

I rarely see bear pet in Cyrodiil. Sorc pets are based on support the caster. But this bear is ultimate and its based on deal damage. People don't use it in even solo or small scale because its so slow. They can maybe balance it like this reducing the damage of light and heavy attack of bear and add leap or charge to enemy. This would be more balanced. Also bear's HP is not that high it can be killed easily if you dont heal heal it al the time. I just want to use it in PvP without waste ultimate cost.
    aeowulf wrote: »
    They are annoying in PVP though, especially when you are trying to target a sorc hiding behind three.

Sorcs are able to streak away. Bear is not the problem for them IMO. Also sorc shields can mitigate it. Not a big deal.
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it needs a charge

if they do skins they need to change all of it think its dumb a betons use cliff racers and I hate the netch to
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• beetleklee
    beetleklee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm no great Warden player or anything, mine's still being leveled, but I used the Bear ultimate for a while while leveling and just doing Alik'r dolmens, the guy died every few seconds. I got sick of resummoning him constantly so I took the ult off and used something else.
    I remember doing dolmens with the Sorcerer's scamp and he never died.
    PC NA
    CP 690

EP Dunmer MagDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer MagSorc Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Argonian DK Tank Level 50, Boethiah's Scythe
    EP Breton Templar Healer Level 50
    EP Khajiit StamDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer Magblade Level 50, Assistant Alienist
    EP Argonian Stamden Level 50, Lady of Misrule (pvp)
    EP Dunmer Stamblade Level 50
    DC Redguard Stamplar
    AD Altmer Magwarden Healer

vMA, vDSA, vSO HM, vHRC HM, vAA, vAS+1, vMoL
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    beetleklee wrote: »
    I'm no great Warden player or anything, mine's still being leveled, but I used the Bear ultimate for a while while leveling and just doing Alik'r dolmens, the guy died every few seconds. I got sick of resummoning him constantly so I took the ult off and used something else.
    I remember doing dolmens with the Sorcerer's scamp and he never died.

Odd, my bear almost never dies. Of course, I dont rely on him to tank everything for me either; my character is built as a tank himself so the bear is there for the damage boost and hardly takes damage himself. If I'm dealing with several tough enemies (world boss groups, mostly) I can heavy attack one of them and then deal with the others while the bear focuses on that one. Keep a few heal spells going and he can survive just as well as a clannfear.

Really though, the bear isnt meant to tank for you, he's there to deal damage. Properly geared you can pull well over 5-6k DPS just with the bear's attacks alone.

EDIT:

Another reason that you're seeing sorc pets survive better is because ward/hardened ward/empowered ward from the owner also cast on pets, that mitigates a huge amount of damage that they take. There's nothing similar for the bear, though I believe it has higher health and armor than sorc pets do (just not enough to make up the difference that wards make). However it's easier for a warden to heal his bear, than it is for a sorc to heal their pets.
    Edited by Lynx7386 on March 21, 2018 7:08PM
    PS4 / NA
  • absoabse
    absoabse
    Yes I agree with @IARTOI bear doesn't effective so much. It needs a charge or leap animation. If we gonna slot this on both bar it should worth.
  • IARTOI
    IARTOI
    ✭✭✭
    Here is the video proof that Warden's bear ultimate is bugged and useless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxFPdxkynIM
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just let us single bar it. Seriously, at this point there are no legit reasons why we shouldn't be doing this.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »
    Just let us single bar it. Seriously, at this point there are no legit reasons why we shouldn't be doing this.

Actually there are - the same reasons that sorcerer pets will never be single bar. These abilities are a permanent damage over time with an AI and no resource cost. No class in the game gets a persistent effect like that without double barring
    PS4 / NA
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    warden bear could use some QoL buffs.
  • IARTOI
    IARTOI
    ✭✭✭
    warden bear could use some QoL buffs.

Warden bear just need fix and some movement change for be a worth to use skill. No need for life buffs.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would give the bear a shot on a full DPS Magicka spec Warden in a zerg, but the other ultimates are just so good... If the bear wasn't an ultimate I think it would see more use, but to use 2 ulti slots for a thing that only does damage is something you would only do in PvE where all you (generally) want to do is damage.
    Playing since beta...
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That still doesn't help it in PvE though.

The biggest problem with the bear in PvE and Cyrodiil PvP is that it's a single target ability and that it dies quickly to AoE damage.

The best solution, at least for magicka DD, is to make the magicka morph require only one slot. This would allow magicka characters to bring a useful ult along like destro ult.

Right now, taking destro ult over the bear reduces DPS by 4-5k, bringing your solo parse down to a measly 33-34k. The bear is neccessary to increae DPS to acceptable (albeit still lower than any other class) levels but is also useless because it's single target damage that dies all the time (magicka DD needs an AOE ult and the constant respawn animation for the bear interrupts your rotations).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on April 6, 2018 9:14PM
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about this:

-remove the respawn for eternal guardian
    -rename eternal guardian to polar guardian
    (Bonus: give it a white polar bear skin)
    -make the polar guardians attacks deal frost damage
    -change the activated effect of polar guardian to "creates a snowstorm around the guardian for 5 seconds that deals frost damage each second, up to 100% more against low health targets"

That gives magicka wardens an aoe ultimate and aoe execute. Then:

-make the activated effect for wild guardian cause the pet to charge an enemy up to 28m away, and add a stun or knockdown
    (Bonus: make it a pounce and give it a senche skin)

This gives stamina wardens a cc ability for pvp.
    PS4 / NA
  • IARTOI
    IARTOI
    ✭✭✭
    They will also remove the stun from deep fissure morph so magicka wardens will not have any class CC. (doesn't counting the ice dmg immobilization percentage or gripping shards skill and ultimates ofc)
    Edited by IARTOI on April 7, 2018 2:06PM
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    .. or have it slotted in the normal skill slot (like sorc's Daedra summoning thingy), instead. Currently taking up both bars' ultimate slots; pretty much why I don't slot the bear with any of my Wardens. There are better ultimates to use than the bear, but I wouldn't mind slotting it in one of the normal skillset.