The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Rolis Hlaalu furniture plans

VonNelson
VonNelson
✭✭✭
Is there a definitive list anywhere?
  • Truthsnark
    Truthsnark
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if this is what you would consider "definitive", but as of today, 3/20/2018:

Rolis sells:
    • Clothier's Form, Brass
    • Alchemical Apparatus, Master
    • Hlaalu Gaming Table, “Foxes and Felines”
    • Hlaalu Gong
    • Hlaalu Trinket Box, Curious Turtle
    • Miniature Garden, Bottled
    Faustina sells (rotated-out Rolis plans):
    • Apparatus, Boiler
    • Apparatus, Gem Calipers
    • Bottle, Poison Elixir
    • Cabinet, Poisonmaker's
    • Case of Vials
    • Mortar and Pestle
    • Podium, Skinning
    • Tools, Case
    • Mammoth Cheese, Mastercrafted
    • Mages Apparatus, Master
    • Dres Sewing Kit, Master's
    • Dwarven Gyroscope, Masterwork
    • Hlaalu Bath Tub, Masterwork
    • Orcish Table with Fur
    • Orcish Skull Goblet, Full
    • Orcish Tapestry, Heroes
    • Orcish Tapestry, Spear
    • Telvanni Candelabra, Masterwork
  • VonNelson
    VonNelson
    ✭✭✭
    @Truthsnark are those the gold plans? I’m looking for a list of the purple and blue
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VonNelson wrote: »
    @Truthsnark are those the gold plans? I’m looking for a list of the purple and blue

You don't really need a list for that. Purple and blue documents drop every racial recipe in the game, that's the "orcish, redguard, dark elf, argonian" and so on, that is, the 8 racial recipes, as well as those neutral recipes that aren't tied to a DLC, such as "vial, delicate - cauldron, noble" etc.

So it's easier to say what does /not/ drop from those documents: Clockwork DLC recipes, Vvardenfell DLC recipes, Dwarven/Dwemer recipes, Ayleid recipes and Daedric recipes. Then there are a very few exceptions, such as the Khajiit Skooma bubbler and the Hourglass, Common that drop from specific zones or NPCs.

And as far as I hear, there's also speculation that a very few Hew's Bane/Redguard recipes don't drop from the documents, only from in world containers, such as the "Redguard Cannister, Gilded" - hence the high price on that one. Basically a handful of recipes were added in an update a little while after Master Writs introduction, and those weren't in the documents, at least supposedly, I have all the racial recipes so I haven't bought any documents and tested it myself.

Everything /else/ should be in those documents, however.

Edited by Carbonised on March 21, 2018 11:26AM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »

You don't really need a list for that. Purple and blue documents drop every racial recipe in the game, that's the "orcish, redguard, dark elf, argonian" and so on, that is, the 8 racial recipes, as well as those neutral recipes that aren't tied to a DLC, such as "vial, delicate - cauldron, noble" etc.

@Carbonised, the OP is referring to the purple and blue Morrowind plans sold by Faustina Caro.

On my mobile right now ... will see if I can find later tonight.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »

@Carbonised, the OP is referring to the purple and blue Morrowind plans sold by Faustina Caro.

On my mobile right now ... will see if I can find later tonight.

Eh, no, he is not. His post is literally called "Rolis Hlaalu furniture plans" - which are the base game recipes.

The Morrowind plans are sold by Faustina, not Rolis.

And if he did wonder about those plans, it's even easier, the Morrowind documents contain all Ashlander and Great House recipes, that is, all the recipes that are located to the Vvardenfell zone and found nowhere else outside of it.

But again, that's not what OP asked, according to the title of his post.
  • VonNelson
    VonNelson
    ✭✭✭
    ^ She. Tbh if there was a list of the morrowind furniture plans I’d be interested in seeing that too. I haven’t had much luck with Faustina and they are so much more expensive so I’m staying away from those.

@Carbonised - are the blue and purple recipes from Rolis literally any blue/purple drop in the base game areas? That’s a hell of a lot of master writ tokens before you get one you want!

You have inspired me to make my Velothi Reverie more homely and less daedric haha!!
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ She. Tbh if there was a list of the morrowind furniture plans I’d be interested in seeing that too. I haven’t had much luck with Faustina and they are so much more expensive so I’m staying away from those.

@Carbonised - are the blue and purple recipes from Rolis literally any blue/purple drop in the base game areas? That’s a hell of a lot of master writ tokens before you get one you want!

You have inspired me to make my Velothi Reverie more homely and less daedric haha!!

If you're looking for furnishing recipe lists, the only reliable source is the Furniture Catalogue addon.

For Morrowind, simply look for anything with the name Ashlander, Hlaalu, Redoran, Telvanni, Dres and Indoril in it, and you're pretty much covered. Anything Dunmer related that hasn't got the name "Dark Elf" in it would also be here, such as the "Tribunal tablet, Almalexia" for example.

And yes, they're all the blue and purple recipes, minues the ones I listed above that were added in later updates, such as Dwemer, Ayleid etc. So yes, it's a very large pool of recipes, so getting a singular one you like isn't really viable. If you're only after specific recipes, you're better off finding them for sale at a guild trader. Even finding a specific Morrowind recipe can be a pain, even with the smaller recipe pools.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you'd like a list, go to http://eso-styles.com/. Then, click on Housing Recipes from the left-side menu.

The site is slow-loading, but there's a lot of information there. While some of it is not accurate (I think it still lists the Redguard Oven as a craftable plan, but it's not), it's largely informative for what's available in the game to craft.

It hasn't been updated since MW, though, so you won't see Clockwork plans there, for example. However, I think it's pretty spot-on for the MW plans. Note that while Dwarven and Daedric plans were introduced with MW, they are not in Faustina's documents, only the plans that drop solely in Vvardenfell are in them.

ETA: If you're just starting out, the documents are a great way to get a lot of blue/purple recipes, if you have the writ vouchers. However, if you're looking for specific plans, as others have mentioned, you're better off purchasing exactly what you want from guild traders. And, while the MW plans are a bit expensive right now, they're already coming down from what they were in the first week or so. I had about 3500 vouchers saved up, so I got a lot of plans up-front, with a few duplicates, which I've largely sold. Now, I'm shopping for the plans I still want at prices I'm willing to pay, as the Master Writ gods have not been kind to me since the update.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on March 22, 2018 7:17PM
  • VonNelson
    VonNelson
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you @Jayne_Doe I will have a look at the link. At the moment I’m getting 4 or 5 plans when I have enough vouchers. So far I’ve been lucky. The ones I don’t want I can sell. I don’t really know which peices of furniture come from blue or purple plans so if I have a point of reference I can track them down in the guild store
  • itreboiz
    itreboiz
    ✭✭✭
    Will we see new Rolis Hlaalu box for Dwarven, Ayleid, Alionr recipe? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd certainly like to see the Alinor plans included like they did with the Morrowind plans.

It'd also be good to have the Dwarven plans, since there are quite a few and they're still quite rare. Perhaps have one for the "ancient styles" - dwarven, ayleid, and the newer daedric plans.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's not forget Clockwork plans too....
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m going to necro this thread a bit because we need at least one more writ vendor. Both Rolis and Faustina have been selling the same old stuff for over a year. There have been no additions to get blue or purple random Alinor or Murkmire furniture recipes from either of those two and I’m finding little reason to do my Master Crafting writs.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    I’m going to necro this thread a bit because we need at least one more writ vendor. Both Rolis and Faustina have been selling the same old stuff for over a year. There have been no additions to get blue or purple random Alinor or Murkmire furniture recipes from either of those two and I’m finding little reason to do my Master Crafting writs.

It's only been six (6) months, @Ashtaris, since the new Alinor furnishings were added to Rolis Hlaalu (July 2018) ... so be careful not to exaggerate too much.

I agree, however, it would be nice to see some new offerings.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's only been six (6) months, @Ashtaris, since the new Alinor furnishings were added to Rolis Hlaalu (July 2018) ... so be careful not to exaggerate too much.

If you read my message again, I”m not talking about the gold Alinor recipes you can buy directly, but the random blue and purple journeyman or master furniture recipes you can buy. As far as I know, there are NO Journeyman or Master Alinor Furniture recipes coming from either of the vendors.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you read my message again, I”m not talking about the gold Alinor recipes you can buy directly, but the random blue and purple journeyman or master furniture recipes you can buy. As far as I know, there are NO Journeyman or Master Alinor Furniture recipes coming from either of the vendors.

You are correct.

Rolis gives only vanilla zone plans through his documents, and Faustina only gives Morrowind racial plans I believe (I think it was originally set to include dwemer plans too maybe, but feedback led to them removing them - I could be wrong here).

But heck, what about the Clockwork plans that have been out 15 months now? I'd like to see them added to Faustina's loot pool too. Or, better yet, a separate document.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• itreboiz
    itreboiz
    ✭✭✭
    Same thoguht. It's time with new DLC or with Elsweyr to add Alinor and Clockwork to Rolis random drop. Murkmire still new, so maybe at the end of the year. At list alinor and Clockwork price will drop meanwhile people farming new khajit furnishing plans i guess.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agreed. I was really hoping we'd see Alinor furnishing documents with this update. I think it was the Q1 update last year where they added the Morrowind documents (or was it Q4 2017?). Regardless, I really think they should be added.

And while we're at it, the CWC plans would be nice, as well as documents for the Dwemer, new Daedric, and Ayleid plans - they could be grouped together.

I wasn't able to obtain all the Alinor plans while they were readily available, and now the remaining few I have left are exorbitantly overpriced.
  • WolfStar07
    WolfStar07
    ✭✭✭
    Well, they're changing out the gold recipes in the next update. Perhaps they'll add more to the blue and purple drops. In the very least, we should submit feedback on that in case it hasn't crossed their minds.