The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Has anything official been released/addressed about Snipe?

Hatoreehanzo
Hatoreehanzo
✭✭✭
I know there has been many posts, but I have not seen anything definitive on the fix (officially).

The desync is killing it for the majority on PS4 and it seems to get worse with every patch. As of the DB patch you can't hear it incoming, you're dead and still moving, then fall over and hear them hit later. I can't be mad at the people who use it as it's right there to be used. However, it's extremely frustrating trying to play the game (solo or small scale) when this is happening the majority of all fights.

Additionally, the lag in Cyrodil is getting worse too (Solid 1.5 - 2 second delays, issues bar swapping, getting incapped mid dodge roll, etc) I know "big group" play is promoted, but the current state of the game on PS4 cannot handle it. This leaves IC (dead) or BGs for any type of decent PvP.

PS4 NA
PSN: hatoreehanzo
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/hatoreehanzo
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, yes. A couple of years ago, and a year ago again, Cyrodiil performance was pointed to as a priority. So....any day now, things are gonna get easier. Things will get brighter.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, we are looking into this, no ETA on a fix just yet
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4920458#Comment_4920458

Latest comments on the issue.
    Edited by DDuke on March 19, 2018 6:14PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Actually, yes. A couple of years ago, and a year ago again, Cyrodiil performance was pointed to as a priority. So....any day now, things are gonna get easier. Things will get brighter.

ugh, that song is stuck in my head now - thanks sandman...

Things are gonna be easier
    Ooh-oo child
    Things'll get be brighter

Some day, yeah
    We'll get it together and we'll get it all done
    Some day
    When your head is much lighter
    Some day, yeah
    We'll walk in the rays of a beautiful sun
    Some day
    When the world is much brighter

it's crazy that the cyrodill "performance" patch that caused us all those loading screens and restarts a few months ago hasn't been fixed and implemented yet...

death due to leg is a pretty common occurrence...sometimes if you wait until your in trouble to start healing or popping pots - you're done...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Hatoreehanzo
    Hatoreehanzo
    ✭✭✭
    Put it this way... there's literally people forming full groups of all snipe spammers. This is what PvP has become.

I understand certain things get priority, but this is literally killing PvP and has people moving to other games in the process.

There's plenty of things I've learned to deal with like... medium having zero viablility (less NB) in PvP and the entire pace screeching to a SnB 25-30k hp halt, hitting load screens or having temporary freezes from enchants wearing off mid X and yes... even the continuous lag anytime past 4pm EST to 3AM EST.

PS4 NA
  • Hatoreehanzo
    Hatoreehanzo
    ✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    Hey guys, we are looking into this, no ETA on a fix just yet
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4920458#Comment_4920458

Latest comments on the issue.

I like how PC just now sees how bad this is, meanwhile console has been constantly addressing this. Before it was the emote glitch. That got fixed and there was a moment of peace. Then it dropped to the first skill on Bow and it's all been down hill from there.

PS4 NA
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hatoreehanzo you're absolutely right.

BGs, faced two groups almost entirely made up of Stam NBs and snipe.

What's really annoying is trying to deal with this BS and not being able to even knowing wtf they're doing.

It's pretty stupid
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know there has been many posts, but I have not seen anything definitive on the fix (officially).

The desync is killing it for the majority on PS4 and it seems to get worse with every patch. As of the DB patch you can't hear it incoming, you're dead and still moving, then fall over and hear them hit later. I can't be mad at the people who use it as it's right there to be used. However, it's extremely frustrating trying to play the game (solo or small scale) when this is happening the majority of all fights.

Additionally, the lag in Cyrodil is getting worse too (Solid 1.5 - 2 second delays, issues bar swapping, getting incapped mid dodge roll, etc) I know "big group" play is promoted, but the current state of the game on PS4 cannot handle it. This leaves IC (dead) or BGs for any type of decent PvP.

I play on ps4 (and have fought several of your characters btw! ;) ) and it sucks being killed by Snipe spammers...

Despite the cheapness of being killed by it, I'm ok with it as they are typically made of glass if you are ever able to close with them and that kind of build is useless when its 'winning time' (taking Keeps and crowning emp)...

Having invested a lot of CP's/Skill Points into Sneak Cost Reduction (combined with the Dark Stalker Passive and the Wild Running passive) I generally move around freely in stealth unmolested on my Magicka Templar while in Cyrodiil and am only killed by Snipe spammers very rarely (constantly having my defensive buffs up with Mighty Chudan helps bigtime when it comes to surviving against them)...

Bottomline...

Snipe spamming in Cyrodiil is a gimmick...

It gets the player some cheap kills...big wow...but ultimately it does very little as pertains to winning a campaign, so let them have their cheap thrills...

Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on March 20, 2018 3:00AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Hatoreehanzo
    Hatoreehanzo
    ✭✭✭

I play on ps4 (and have fought several of your characters btw! ;) ) and it sucks being killed by Snipe spammers...

Despite the cheapness of being killed by it, I'm ok with it as they are typically made of glass if you are ever able to close with them and that kind of build is useless when its 'winning time' (taking Keeps and crowning emp)...

Having invested a lot of CP's/Skill Points into Sneak Cost Reduction (combined with the Dark Stalker Passive and the Wild Running passive) I generally move around freely in stealth unmolested on my Magicka Templar while in Cyrodiil and am only killed by Snipe spammers very rarely (constantly having my defensive buffs up with Mighty Chudan helps bigtime when it comes to surviving against them)...

Bottomline...

It gets the player some cheap kills...big wow...but ultimately it does very little as pertains to winning a campaign, so let them have their cheap thrills...

I'm okay with snipe being how it used to be (less the emote glitch).

Literally yesterday I was was Tier 3ing my MagDK and my Magplar solo (least favorite classes) and repeatedly ran into organized groups of 5+ people spamming snipe. The desync is horrid. I'll literally get stunned without notice (issues breaking too), get out and 3 seconds later get hit with them. That's if I survive. Most often you're dead and you don't even know it and by that I mean you're still moving on your screen, unable to perform skills, fall over dead and the snipes hit well after you're on the ground.

Honestly, just take the skill out of the game. If it cannot be fixed, it doesn't belong. It's only used in PvP and by used I mean abused in it's current state.

PS4 NA
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care if you take Snipe of my front bar #1 tab.

I have it backed up on #2,#3,#4 and #5. plus my backbar since I run double bow. So I'm good

I'll give you my snipe bow when you pry it from my cold, dead hands"
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m surprised we haven’t seen the L2P comments from the usual notorious crowd in this thread yet.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    L2P

Am I doing it right?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    I’m surprised we haven’t seen the L2P comments from the usual notorious crowd in this thread yet.

Well now it's just being deliberately abused. First it was occasionally, now it's whole squads.

I even had one try and chase me down just spamming snipe. The only pro-active move you can do is LoS.

I never T-bag, but I T-Bagged the motha
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple ppl in cyro were forming snipe groups last night... scrubs.

@TheDoomsdayMonster what's your psn
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bottomline...

nonsequitur-thinning-herd-look.jpg

seriously - nothing better than to kill someone without them ever even seeing you (yep, enjoy that snipe death recap) - better yet - to do it from atop a resource tower while they're engaged with the guards...
    1-6.gif
    I_love_cheap_thrills.png?14017548269816485181

so many inglorious ways to die in cyrodiil...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple ppl in cyro were forming snipe groups last night... scrubs.

@TheDoomsdayMonster what's your psn

TheLordofMurder
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose getting hit by a desync isn't any less cheese then all the cheese in Cyrodiil.

Pick your cheez guise I like mozz n munster myself.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    Bottomline...

seriously - nothing better than to kill someone without them ever even seeing you (yep, enjoy that snipe death recap) - better yet - to do it from atop a resource tower while they're engaged with the guards...
    1-6.gif

Yeah, also nothing better than getting Piercing Marked after a Snipe burst fails to kill someone (or after it successfully kills someone and you're visible for a second) & then getting zerged down by gap closer spamming Xv1 heroes while you sprint/spam dodge roll until you're out of stamina, as that's all you can do in such a scenario as a bow build.

Just saying; the other side of the spectrum has equally (well, more even) frustrating scenarios.

And no, I'm not one of those people spamming snipe from the top of a tower, or from behind a zerg.
    Edited by DDuke on March 20, 2018 7:27PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bottomline...

1-6.gif

Yeah, also nothing better than getting Piercing Marked after a Snipe burst fails to kill someone (or after it successfully kills someone and you're visible for a second) & then getting zerged down by gap closer spamming Xv1 heroes while you sprint/spam dodge roll until you're out of stamina, as that's all you can do in such a scenario as a bow build.

Just saying; the other side of the spectrum has equally (well, more even) frustrating scenarios.

And no, I'm not one of those people spamming snipe from the top of a tower, or from behind a zerg.

in all honesty - the nerf stuff mostly just humors me...

although there is little funny when dying to lag or a glitch, which seems to be the case with health desync, or, no inbound damage queues...

okay, maybe when that life saving pot or ultimate you've been trying to activate suddenly goes off - after you've resurrected - that is kind of funny...

i'm active in pvp on all stam/mag versions of each class...

been killed and killed folks with the destro ult, snipe, jesus beam, birds, dizzying swing - just about everything...

I have no specific class or playstyle which i champion or advocate for...

what I am wondering now though - does someone with death and destruction in their psn (ie. - lord of murder) cause me to take greater joy in trying to kill them...

probably not, it's hard to see everyone's psn in the heat of battle when you're running around fighting...

and, lord knows - I rez everyone I see, even the names which bug me a bit...
    Edited by geonsocal on March 20, 2018 8:36PM
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bottomline...

1-6.gif

in all honesty - the nerf stuff mostly just humors me...

although there is little funny when dying to lag or a glitch, which seems to be the case with health desync, or, no inbound damage queues...

okay, maybe when that life saving pot or ultimate you've been trying to activate suddenly goes off - after you've resurrected - that is kind of funny...

i'm active in pvp on all stam/mag versions of each class...

been killed and killed folks with the destro ult, snipe, jesus beam, birds, dizzying swing - just about everything...

I have no specific class or playstyle which i champion or advocate for...

what I am wondering now though - does someone with death and destruction in their psn (ie. - lord of murder) cause me to take greater joy in trying to kill them...

probably not, it's hard to see everyone's psn in the heat of battle when you're running around fighting...

and, lord knows - I rez everyone I see, even the names which bug me a bit...

You can see it pretty well when fighting solo or sometimes doing small scale...

I have made it a habit to look at my opponents PSN if possible; especially if the opponent is exceptional...

That's the reason why I learned who @Hatoreehanzo is; his Nightblade (Juicee J if memory serves me correctly) is well played...
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on March 20, 2018 9:20PM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's funny - usually when I recognize the psn of the person i'm fighting - things generally may not turn out so well for me...

@Hatoreehanzo is the bomb...i actually got caught up one time (as an ally) watching him and another player working their mag sorcs...it was pretty cool and impressive...

I think snipe is mostly discredited by poor eso execution with lag, and, that health desync glitch...

I don't think there's anything wrong with utilizing ranged combat from distance - it may not be the most "honorable" combat method - but, it's a part of the game...

zos, needs to fix performance as it relates to lag, and, fix their bugs...

not so much the case with hatoree...who does play more than a single class/playstyle - but, i think that some players who do main a particular class/playstyle are going to have specific challenges from certain skills/opposing playstyles...

when those vulnerabilities/weaknesses are continually the cause of grief - they are going to rail against a particular class or ability...

snipe is a real *** when you're a mag sorc wearing a lot of light armor and get caught with your shields down...snipe doesn't exactly tickle either if you're wearing a bunch of medium armor...

if you have a bunch of heavy armor on - it's kind of a joke...
  • Hatoreehanzo
    Hatoreehanzo
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the kudos. Yes I play all 10 class variants (mag/stam) to keep everything fresh with myself and the stream.

I understand the dude that wants to be an "assassin on a tower." Having someone attack me and generally run away when I turn to them is pretty common. What isn't common is what snipe is actually doing now. Here's the rundown from my best memory.

(Release to Morrowind-ish)
    Snipe was rarely used and worked properly. However, people would use the old emote glitch and snipe. What this did was cause attacks to hit you (unseen on your side) until your health was down to zero, where you'd fall over dead. This glitch was fixed and snipe went away for a short while.

(Sometime after Morrowind when moved to first slot on Bow Tree)
    Snipe is now back again. This time it is desyncing you like the above, but there isn't an emote glitch. You can still hear it and have plenty of time to react (block, dodge, shield). However, the desync is the main issue.

(After CWC)
    Snipe now desyncs you and you can no longer hear it. No more reacting to anything. The desync happens and you're dead.

This is what I mean by desync. Have you ever been out of a resource, say stamina, and used a skill needing that resource and hear a click? I'm sure everyone has. Remember that sound. Now what happens is that you'll be alive on your end while getting sniped. You do not hear them or see them. You are moving around, but suddenly everything starts making that "click" sound I mentioned above. Shortly after you'll fall over dead. If you lay there on the ground for a second you will see the snipes hitting your body and hear the sound.

In a nutshell...
    - Unknowingly get Sniped
    - Alive on your end but desync'd and cannot do skills
    - Fall over dead
    - Shortly after you see and hear all the snipes hit your dead body

From playing this game since launch, I have not once seen anything do this other than the old cammo hunter glitch way back in the day and the emote glitch, but both were fixed.

Understand that I deal with a lot in this game when fighting solo or with 1-2 more and I rarely complain. This makes playing the game extremely frustrating because you know you are not getting outplayed, but rather having some broken mechanic affect the outcome.

Couple this with multiple people sniping, running away, cloaking. Heavy armor argonian heal bots. Poison and CC spamming zergs. And many many other little fun things that make... well let's see where PvP goes before we say that.

I just don't understand the neglect PvP receives when it's the longevity of the game. Zerging is promoted, but the game cannot handle it as you chug away at low frame rates and 1.5 second delays. Crucial mechanics are "looked into" but nothing gets resolved. I started with snipe, because it seems like it would be an easy one. How about, not have my entire game freeze when an enchant wears off? That's awesome to have happen when fighting multiple people.

My frustration comes from the enjoyment of the game. PS4 has no other game that comes close to the PvP enviroment and dynamics of ESO. There's FFO, but it's butt. I would love to keep playing, but also would love to see support from ZOS too.

I have been running the ESO Giveaway campaign on my stream and hyping everything about ESO which people have enjoyed a lot, but then something like a snipe desync, or random load screen, or invisible zerg, or etc etc etc happens and I'm like "yeeeaaaa there's a few bugs with it." I would just love to see them get fixed rather than just keep stacking more and more broken things on top of each other until we think it's a normality to the game.

PS4 NA
  • Hatoreehanzo
    Hatoreehanzo
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a VERY brief list of improvements that I think would create balance.
    - Firstly, mechanics. Load screens, irremovable snares, enchant depletion freezes, lag, CC breaking/Bar Swapping, etc.
    - Fix Snipe or Remove it if it cannot be fixed
    - Fix DW LA/HA animations into other skills. It creates a hiccup that makes other skills unseen (invisible meteors/DBoS)
    - Tree Ult = 150 Ult
    - Soul Assault = 150 Ult + Interruptable
    - Hit Heavy Armor with a Battle Spirit Passive to reduce resources. Cyro has become a meat slap fest.
    - Riposte Maim to 10secs
    - Reduce TK Regen
    - Reduce Zaan's dmg
    - Increase the cost each time Cloak is used (like streak)

Ever notice as of recent trending almost everyone is an Argonian? StamDK? Argonian! Pocket healer? Argonian! MagNB? Argonian! With the way the game plays you can be a Heavy Armor Argonian Stamina Warden with heals for days and a Dawnbreaker tooltip of almost 20,000 damage and absolutely ZERO issues with resources. On the other end, you can be a Redguard Stamplar in medium and not come nearly as close to survival with nearly the same damage output. Nerf the class and you'll make $$$ off everyone needing to change. Nerf heavy through battle spirit so PvE doesn't lose their minds.

PS4 NA
  • Hatoreehanzo
    Hatoreehanzo
    ✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

I do not make any elitist claims about being the best of this or that, but I guarantee that I have done some pretty impressive things and if I die I make them work their hardest for it. With that being said, the L2P rhetoric is generally trolls. A fair share of people I play with, in the stream, in guilds, etc all feel the way I do. Heck, I have had more people I play with move on to other games than I can count due to the issues going on. Group and Party chat has become much more grim and sour these days. I think back to when IC was released and how happy everyone was, having fun playing the game and really enjoying it. Now, it's generally profanities and people rage quitting, lol.

PS4 NA