The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Improvment of grouping in Cyrodiil...subdivisions, top and middle management in groups

Anethum
Anethum
✭✭✭✭
First time i've entered cyrodiil, i was expecting pyramidal managing in groups.
Was surprised and dissapointed of how it was and still is..
Was absiolutly dissapointed of how poor is management in groups in general.
And almost stopped play in groups. And never in big groups.
And to be exact now I almost don't play in general because of many reasons and partly this thing...
When there are many players around, when there are many players inside groups, who have same or different goals, flat structure is a stupidly and unnessesary poor.
Why not to make a subgroups inside groups?
For example with fixed size, like 4,6,8 ppl in.
To mark them by different colours, names of subgroup in grouping menu and on map.

It's opportunity to have some strategy gameplay in cyrodiil, especially if players also will use some voice channels for different levels of coordination.
Instead ballgroup ***.

In current gameplay i don't see any reason to even existing of 24 ppls groups, with general population limits for campagn and what number of player server can allow to play at one location with at least avarage performance.

Also, players of the same alliance in cyrodiil doesn't communicate and have no good reasons to do this in general, which is also a problem of design idk.
It can be at least like dynamic map of the own alliance population where u can see ~ how many players from your fraction are in different locations on the map.
Like an option for the map in addition to the keeps under attack.
We live on Earth with google maps, without magic. Tamriel full of Magic, so why to not use it to improve PvP?
Edited by Anethum on March 18, 2018 5:06PM
@Anethum from .ua
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voice comms are essential to managing an organized group of 24 people. PUGs with no voice comms are often terribly disorganized and easy to wipe. If you have to LFG, look for a group or guild with voice comms if you want organization.

Also, on PC, add-ons can be helpful for organizing your raid in small groups.

As a member of an organized raid with 24 people, I'm sorry that you haven't seen a raid work effectively, but I've had a ton of fun running with and fighting against organized raids.
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Voice comms are essential to managing an organized group of 24 people. PUGs with no voice comms are often terribly disorganized and easy to wipe. If you have to LFG, look for a group or guild with voice comms if you want organization.

Also, on PC, add-ons can be helpful for organizing your raid in small groups.

As a member of an organized raid with 24 people, I'm sorry that you haven't seen a raid work effectively, but I've had a ton of fun running with and fighting against organized raids.

Man, ty, but I'm not new player (playing from beta actually...and i've seen effective (for nowadays sick zergball-friendly system) raids a lot), topic is not about voice comms, its about grouping inside the game. Indication, marking, and direction to move the game in general
    Edited by Anethum on March 18, 2018 6:54PM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom idk if someone read such ideas there.
    I write here many things because feel that eso have not so much time to become playable now.
    Proibably until adequate not f2p mmorpg will appear, maybe Ashes of creation for example.
    And those who fun of mmorgp as ganre definitely will leave eso and go to that new alternative.
    And players like me, who play eso only because it's elder scrolls, will leave eso also, because of too small population.
    Chapters, dlc...are nothing, decoration on the sick glue basement.
    Most important thing is bad performance...ping and fps in pvp and trials. U struggle with technical problems instead of players or mechanics. Any enjoy. Create new client-server system maybe or idk what do this game so lagged.
    Second one - fast adjustments to toxic things like procsets in the past, or durok's bane mechanism of work, or cost poisons..U see the problems, fix it in a few weeks, don't wait until years gone...
    And third one - PvP content. It's long term repeatable thing, rather than dlc questing and crown crate trash. U should focus on it. Maybe with sacrifizing short-term profits for cool perspectives.
    To rework cyrodiil. Grouping is a part. To create more sence to fight in many places on map. To remove zerball meta.
    To make battlegrounds really challenging competitive thing. To add to ranks, leaderborards, catching scrolls in cyrodiil, emperorship etc new important meanings.

U should hard work next 6 month to not kill this game with too slow improvements.
    @Anethum from .ua