Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Transmutation geodes - a joke or a bug?

• KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got 10 stones 3 times in hundreds of geodes. Every other one was 4.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »
    I don't know what to think. The gold one claims to yield between 4 and 25 crystals. I get 4 about 99% of the time and 5 in the rest 1% cases. Just WTF?
    The same goes for other types as well, obviously.

"ZOS maths"
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are absolutely a joke. I have yet to have one give me more than 2 crystals
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 50 once....

Only had 20 slots available left....

So I got 20....

:/
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the conclusion is that the item descriptions of the geodes could be a bit better. The way it's worded implies it's pure random when in fact that couldn't be further away from reality.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what to think. The gold one claims to yield between 4 and 25 crystals. I get 4 about 99% of the time and 5 in the rest 1% cases. Just WTF?

I am gald someone brought it up but it's definitely scaled for low end with these. I can say purple ones that suppose yield up to 10 are more likely 1. Rare between 1 and 4. Something is wrong here.
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Every RNG in this game is rigged to screw the players and make progression slower, except for crown crates where you have to spend $100 to get anything.
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's one of those features ZOS worked hard on but then due to bad design (unreal drops vs 50 needed for a single item) most people no longer care. I forgot about transmutation after first time I used it.
    It makes me laugh seeing guild announcements with transmutation stations...
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    It's one of those features ZOS worked hard on but then due to bad design (unreal drops vs 50 needed for a single item) most people no longer care. I forgot about transmutation after first time I used it.
    It makes me laugh seeing guild announcements with transmutation stations...

I still like it a lot. every so often I decide I need a different dungeon set for PVP or PVE and its nice to just worry about farming for the pieces I need instead of having to farm for specific pieces in specific traits.
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You've gotten 100s of gold geodes?

play 100 days in a row get 20k ap every day = 100's of geodes

Or, before Dragon Bones - play for 20 days in a row get 100k Ap every day, open each rewards for the worthy on a different character = 100's of geodes
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've dropped 20 two times.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 50 once....

Only had 20 slots available left....

So I got 20....

:/

Those aren't RNG. That's the end of campaign reward, which always gives 50.

I opened a chest in WGT treasure room and got 2 divines gauntlets of the imperium. I will never believe that ZoS RNG is actually random. It's impossible; they tilt every scale they can, like how embershield drops by the dozens but sunder and bsw barely drops.