The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What is your favorite BG gametype?

callen4492
callen4492
✭✭✭
Edited by callen4492 on March 16, 2018 5:00AM

What is your favorite BG gametype? 73 votes

Deathmatch
71%
Solarikenarkansas_ESOMurderMostFoulThrabenKoensolDatoliteKetarmishSkoomahJohnfred24CapuchinSevenToRelaxKartalinSanct16MojomonkeymanCinbriYikoKelLexxypwnsFalhaelAsmael 52 votes
Domination
17%
rikimm16_ESOYakidafiDrachenfierShanjijriNolaArchVanHalenmagictucktuckSleep724Brutusmax1musWernaertEmmagoldmanVermintideGlockcoma725 13 votes
Crazy King
5%
akray21TasearMorgul667Neloth 4 votes
Capture the Relic
5%
AdzyTaylorMarabornwingrionmamitouAznox 4 votes
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    I just want deathmatch. I wish we didnt had that sigil bs.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CP enable Bgs
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crazy King
    Any No-CP BG is fun but I like crazy king
  • Johnfred24
    Johnfred24
    ✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    Great poll, let's not even include all gametypes ;)
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP enable Bgs

^what he said.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    Derra wrote: »
    CP enable Bgs

^what he said.

^what he said.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    Chaos ball cracks me up....
    The point of the game is to get and hold the ball, right?
    Ok, well my experience with chaos ball has been this.... (ps4 eu)

Team 1 will get ball and run. At this point, you would think team two and three would attack team one, but that doesn't happen in most cases. They either start attacking eachother until either side is missing a few players and are weaker going against the team with the ball, or they see the other team attacking team one (the team with the ball) and they decide to start attacking that team from behind.
    In most cases (not all, just most)this leads team one winning.
    I can't tell you the number of times I've yelled at my T.V. "Get the ball, you morons!" when my team is getting bogged down in a fight with the other team that doesn't have the ball...and it happens alot. With players I see frequently...enough that they should know better.
    It's as hilarious as it is frustrating.
    Definitely the worst game type...

/end rant
    Edited by Kel on March 16, 2018 8:46AM
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chaosball :smiley:
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    I mean...PvP is about fighting after all.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point I don't really have one, I played objectives before but now I only go to the objectives to fight people. Deathmatch is okay, no matchmaking causes problems and they need to remove the sigil. I honestly would rather have a free for all mode or a death match where you actually have to pick up the person "soul" in order to get the kill.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chaos ***
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    Deathmatch and with any other game mode I get... I turn into deathmatch :)
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Nihility42
    Nihility42
    ✭✭✭✭
    jabrone77 wrote: »
    Chaos ball cracks me up....
    The point of the game is to get and hold the ball, right?
    Ok, well my experience with chaos ball has been this.... (ps4 eu)

Team 1 will get ball and run. At this point, you would think team two and three would attack team one, but that doesn't happen in most cases. They either start attacking eachother until either side is missing a few players and are weaker going against the team with the ball, or they see the other team attacking team one (the team with the ball) and they decide to start attacking that team from behind.
    In most cases (not all, just most)this leads team one winning.
    I can't tell you the number of times I've yelled at my T.V. "Get the ball, you morons!" when my team is getting bogged down in a fight with the other team that doesn't have the ball...and it happens alot. With players I see frequently...enough that they should know better.
    It's as hilarious as it is frustrating.
    Definitely the worst game type...

/end rant

The problem isn't the game type, it is trash players.
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭
    Domination
    Deathmatch and domination are the only two that are really good, IMO.

Capture the relic and Crazy King are just a really dumb idea in this kind of game, totally skewed to just having a crazy fasts stamina build and ignoring fights.

Chaosball can be fun on the rare occasion, but there are so many cheap exploitable tactics and buggy behaviour picking up the ball which totally ruin it.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Domination
    Fighting with a purpose, domination
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does not really matter. I play every game as a 1vX no-objective situation. IMO the map is more important than the game type, for wether i enjoy it or not
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    Does not really matter. I play every game as a 1vX no-objective situation. IMO the map is more important than the game type, for wether i enjoy it or not

I absolutely hate being paired with players like you
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    Deathmatch if there were no sigils. Domination is fun too. Relic is hit or miss. Sometimes it's super boring, but when it's close it requires the most amount of team strategy. Crazy king is super boring.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    I would do BG on a regular basis if I could just que up for Deathmatch exclusively...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »

I absolutely hate being paired with players like you

One of the reasons why people said even before BGs launchen:

They need seperated grp + solo queue.
    They need a ranking system.

Those missing happen also to be the reason why i hardly step foot into BGs. It´s either getting stomped by premades or stomping noobs - with maybe 1 out of 15 games being interesting.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grab bag. It's healthy to have suffering objectives. Death match is fine at first but gets dull. Crazy king I like least, its just odd..

Plus, you forgot Chaosball...
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh, what a relief! I rarely play BGs, and one reason is that I don't care about the stupid game modes! Just give me Deathmatch!
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • paallterrain148
    Deathmatch
    You mean every bgs match isn't death match?
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    No chaos ball?
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Deathmatch
    I think Chaosball is a lot of fun as well, since it is one of the only instances in the game where building for an as tanky as possible build can actually be viable. And it encourages the use of ultimates that otherwise never get used: bolstering darkness, magma armor, nova, etc. It is a totally different dynamic.

Crazy king is the absolute worst of the bunch. Total dog tier trash design. It is all about running. A totally *** team with 1 shot fodder players can win just by sprinting around. And there is no reliable way to see which of the flags is the oldest. It's all based on memorization, which I suck at lol.
  • callen4492
    callen4492
    ✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    Sorry for leaving out chaosball
  • callen4492
    callen4492
    ✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    Deathmatch is the huge favorite though. Zos should make every other game deathmatch, imo
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Domination
    Pug vs Pug
  • callen4492
    callen4492
    ✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    You mean every bgs match isn't death match?

Haha, I know what you mean! It's a constant internal struggle for me to play the objective vs kill that pesky nightblade (and all other players but mostly nightblades).

By the way, I think I play bg's against you a lot paallterrain. My gt is ThePhatLard. I usually see you use Shrouded Daggers and steel tornado. At least that's what comes up on my death recap. You get a ton of kills, so keep up the good work.