The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How hard is it to unlock skins

cgolden1a
cgolden1a
Im a new player and i have been eyeballing some of those skins to hide vampirism. So, Is it like 4 man content or more? Do i have to find a guild to do them or is it PUGable. Do people have the skins or is it so hard that nobody really have them. Any info would help I do know about the achievement list just dont know how hard the achievements really are.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most skins come from the hardest archievements, so yes, you need good mates.

OTOH, if you're lazy, there is (or was?) a skin in the crown store.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pugs won't do it. They're fairly hard to do.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pugs won't do it. They're fairly hard to do.
  • smacky
    smacky
    ✭✭✭
    I am guessing you mean Costumes.

If so, you unlock them by levelling up, well some of them, others are purchased or dropped from crown crates.

• Furcula
    Furcula
    ✭✭✭
    Most skins require you do complete the speed run, no death and hard mode achievements in a vet DLC dungeon. Those will take practice, following mechanics and being good at your role. You will probably find similar minded people along the way as you do dungeons so you won't necessarily need a guild. Although being in a guild will make it easier.

The trial skins however will require an organized group of 12 and you will usually only get them if you are in a trial guild. Not something that can be PUGed.

Dungeon skins can probably be earned around CP300. Trial skins would be more end game and you probably won't be able to get any until CP500+
    Edited by Furcula on March 12, 2018 7:09PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard.

The DLC dungeons also have skins, but you must complete it on veteran and do the final boss in hard mode. I believe you are also required to complete no death run and a speed run. I do not know if it all must be done at once or in multiple attempts.

I also want a skin, but I SERIOUSLY doubt a PuG can pull it off.

Someone may post about buying a run - not only expensive, not a guarantee either.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are very hard to get. I still don't have any of them. Actually, I don't have the time to find a decent group to try to farm them over and over again :(

I suppose you'll need help from a serious pve guild ;)
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    However, if you don't exactly want a skin but just something to hide your ugly bloodsucking face, there are a couple of easy to get polymorphs from quests, e.g. skeletons. Or you can buy the Xivkyn polymorphs.
  • cgolden1a
    cgolden1a
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy0wrSRFzDk i mean the ones in this video.

Like good mates in hey were pretty good, or like good mates like were are the best min/maxers out there?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cgolden1a wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy0wrSRFzDk i mean the ones in this video.

Like good mates in hey were pretty good, or like good mates like were are the best min/maxers out there?

Min/max type
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @cgolden1a Depends on what one. Right now you can buy the Flame Atro skin in the crown store for crowns. There have been a few thins available this way over time. Skins from 4-man require Hard Mode, No Death, and Speed Run achievements (not at the same time) on the hardest 4-man dungeons in the game. The lowest CP I've helped with one of those is 350ish. 12-man skins groups usebby have reqwinats for, 35k DPS on a dummy cord 400+ CP though you can find groups that sell the skin (carry you through) Personally I despise those types.

You could also run a Polymorph, again Crowns or also the 2 Skeleton pobp are easy to get. Dark Brotherhood Litany of Blood, find a kill everyone in the book. Or some quest l've never done before.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• beetleklee
    beetleklee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the Bloodforge fire skin is still in the Crown Store, and there's another fire skin in the apex Crown Crate awards but you'll need 400 gems if you aren't lucky.

The other skins are hard to get, you need a good group to finish the content and be good enough yourself, which requires being high enough CP, knowledge of mechanics and good DPS.

The three trials skins from Maw of Lorkhaj, Halls of Fabrication, and Asylum Sanctorium (Hard Mode) require you to do them on veteran and are some of the hardest group content in the game, and guilds who run these usually want 30k or more sustained DPS.

There are skins for 4 man dungeons...Cradle of Shadows, Ruins of Mazzatun, Falkreath Hold and Scalecaller Peak. These require you to do them on veteran with No Death, Speed Run and Hard Mode (though you don't need to do those all at once, but you do need to do them on the same character.) These are also very hard and require a good group and may take a lot of practice running them on vet to get good at the mechanics.

Edit: Forgot about the Soul Shriven one from defeating Molag Bal in the Imperial City Sewers, though it's a rare drop. There's also the chance enemy players from other Alliances will be there and kill you.
    Edited by beetleklee on March 12, 2018 7:31PM
    PC NA
    CP 690

EP Dunmer MagDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer MagSorc Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Argonian DK Tank Level 50, Boethiah's Scythe
    EP Breton Templar Healer Level 50
    EP Khajiit StamDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer Magblade Level 50, Assistant Alienist
    EP Argonian Stamden Level 50, Lady of Misrule (pvp)
    EP Dunmer Stamblade Level 50
    DC Redguard Stamplar
    AD Altmer Magwarden Healer

vMA, vDSA, vSO HM, vHRC HM, vAA, vAS+1, vMoL
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mazz one is the easiest. There was a bug in the falkreath achievements that you get free no death, but sadly was fixed. Ofc vmol skin is not that hard to get, you just need to get in a somewhat decent guild.