The PlayStation® Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of February 25:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – February 25, 3:00AM EST (08:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EST (15:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA megaserver for maintenance– February 27, 4:00AM EST (09:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: EU megaserver for maintenance – February 27, 4:00AM EST (09:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance– February 27, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
The Wrathstone DLC Game Pack and Update 21 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/454456/

My Kragenhome

Carbonised
Carbonised
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Having left the small inn rooms and their even smaller item cap behind, we now turn to Kragenhome. I apologize beforehand for the many pictures, I should probably learn to record some video instead. So, while Kragenhome isn't that much larger than for instance the Saint Delyn Penthouse, the item cap is huge for such a small house. This is how it should work, ZOS! I actually went a bit overboard in order to reach the 200 item limit, so my Kragenhome is looking very cluttered.

Starting now, each of my homes are going to have a theme or a specific function. For this one, I went with an entertainment den. You have lots of skooma bubblers, lots of foods like cheese and fruit, lots of drinks and beverages, plenty of incense filling up the room, and of course a set of Hlaalu Foxes and Felines to pass the time. This is a perfect boys' or girls' club away from home.

I am quite happy with how this one turned out, all the luxurious carpets and pillows make this small house quite cozy, and there is plenty of incense and skooma bubblers placed around to fill the room with sweet smoke and fragrance. The item limit was perfect for this one, I actually had a hard time reaching the cap of 200 items. ZOS, please take notice of this, this is how a home should look, not bare boned and half empty like so many others.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy seeing what I made out of this, next one is Velothi Reverie, which is actually already done. Pictures will follow later this week. And now for Kragenhome.

Overview from entering the main door
RJG3jxl.jpg

Overview from the bed and residential area
BbOkUNL.jpg

Another overview. Notice the vellum lamps
wLo9u0e.jpg

The central area next to the firepit is full of tables and chairs, and a sitting area has been made on the floor carpets with lots of pillows (apologies for the floating candle, that has since been fixed)
i0iDRLf.jpg

An overview of the central area
9PI4xs8.jpg

Close up of the Foxes and Felines gaming table. I have no idea how it is played, but apparently it takes some dice and an hourglass, at least that was my guess
rmBNNc6.jpg

Skooma bubblers aplenty
daap19Q.jpg

Various incense holders at the central dresser
wHP9eBI.jpg

Mazte, sujamma and greef
PVw4VcJ.jpg

Next to the fireplace plays a kitten with some balls of yarn
99FDVuo.jpg

Flowers and decorations at the sleeping area
09xq5S9.jpg

Fruit, bread, cheese ready for the taking
zJ14ZZE.jpg

A money table has been placed near the entrance. For keeping tabs of who owes who gold from losing debts. Or membership fees
6Nt43Ez.jpg

A safe has been placed nearby as well. Gaming, gambling and placing bets. All is possible
goC72uc.jpg

The key to the den is safe on the mistress' nightstand
5XKHQPO.jpg

The nighstand and dresser at the residential area
dyLWZzx.jpg

Opposite the moneylender's table, a table with various contracts and papers. Handy for keeping tab on debts, and keeping a membership list. Or just writing down the rules for Foxes and Felines maybe
7vu0SIL.jpg

Having some dinner at the central area
f1kpM0a.jpg

Kicking back near the pillows on the floor
pizO83B.jpg

The die is cast. Indira just needs someone to play with
qAvqTrO.jpg

The mistress on her bed. Handy for when you have had too much sujamma and want to stay overnight
EVlDJ3D.jpg

Cozying up at the pillows
xMj15z3.jpg

Indira eyeing that skooma pipe
Ia4iWT7.jpg

Even more skooma and food. What else can a Dunmer need
xUSy692.jpg

A side table with some skooma, foods, drinks and incense
pFzLWTG.jpg

Kitty is having fun underneath the table
i1cqnZP.jpg

Lots of different candles light up the place
1y0mFtB.jpg

The residential area. Off limits to anyone but the mistress
5y4ZgxQ.jpg

A small tableau of a vase, flowers and candles
e6KKUyP.jpg
Edited by Carbonised on March 12, 2018 3:25PM
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You did it again... Wonderful job! <3

    But today I have a little complain. Too much skooma! That´s for cats. A real dunmer says no to drugs ;)
    Si hoc imprimis intellegis, nolli dubitare, scribe me ad latine loquendum. Lingua est colenda.

    PAWS - Say NO to crown crates!

  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You did it again... Wonderful job! <3

    But today I have a little complain. Too much skooma! That´s for cats. A real dunmer says no to drugs ;)

    Thanks =) I think you will love my 3 next houses. Velothi Reverie is all done, it is my grand library. Quondam Indorilia is almost done, and has been turned into an enchanting and alchemical wizard's laboratory. Ald Velothi Harbor House is done as well, with great luxurious living quarters and a magnificent Velothi ancestor tomb in the basement. Can't wait to show them all off!

    Also, I love my skooma bubblers. Would have been nice with a Dunmer version of it as well, but the Khajiiti one will have to do anyway.
    Edited by Carbonised on March 12, 2018 4:00PM
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Having left the small inn rooms and their even smaller item cap behind, we now turn to Kragenhome. I apologize beforehand for the many pictures, I should probably learn to record some video instead. So, while Kragenhome isn't that much larger than for instance the Saint Delyn Penthouse, the item cap is huge for such a small house. This is how it should work, ZOS! I actually went a bit overboard in order to reach the 200 item limit, so my Kragenhome is looking very cluttered.

    Starting now, each of my homes are going to have a theme or a specific function. For this one, I went with an entertainment den. You have lots of skooma bubblers, lots of foods like cheese and fruit, lots of drinks and beverages, plenty of incense filling up the room, and of course a set of Hlaalu Foxes and Felines to pass the time. This is a perfect boys' or girls' club away from home.

    I am quite happy with how this one turned out, all the luxurious carpets and pillows make this small house quite cozy, and there is plenty of incense and skooma bubblers placed around to fill the room with sweet smoke and fragrance. The item limit was perfect for this one, I actually had a hard time reaching the cap of 200 items. ZOS, please take notice of this, this is how a home should look, not bare boned and half empty like so many others.

    Anyway, I hope you enjoy seeing what I made out of this, next one is Velothi Reverie, which is actually already done. Pictures will follow later this week. And now for Kragenhome.

    Overview from entering the main door
    RJG3jxl.jpg

    Overview from the bed and residential area
    BbOkUNL.jpg

    Another overview. Notice the vellum lamps
    wLo9u0e.jpg

    The central area next to the firepit is full of tables and chairs, and a sitting area has been made on the floor carpets with lots of pillows (apologies for the floating candle, that has since been fixed)
    i0iDRLf.jpg

    An overview of the central area
    9PI4xs8.jpg

    Close up of the Foxes and Felines gaming table. I have no idea how it is played, but apparently it takes some dice and an hourglass, at least that was my guess
    rmBNNc6.jpg

    Skooma bubblers aplenty
    daap19Q.jpg

    Various incense holders at the central dresser
    wHP9eBI.jpg

    Mazte, sujamma and greef
    PVw4VcJ.jpg

    Next to the fireplace plays a kitten with some balls of yarn
    99FDVuo.jpg

    Flowers and decorations at the sleeping area
    09xq5S9.jpg

    Fruit, bread, cheese ready for the taking
    zJ14ZZE.jpg

    A money table has been placed near the entrance. For keeping tabs of who owes who gold from losing debts. Or membership fees
    6Nt43Ez.jpg

    A safe has been placed nearby as well. Gaming, gambling and placing bets. All is possible
    goC72uc.jpg

    The key to the den is safe on the mistress' nightstand
    5XKHQPO.jpg

    The nighstand and dresser at the residential area
    dyLWZzx.jpg

    Opposite the moneylender's table, a table with various contracts and papers. Handy for keeping tab on debts, and keeping a membership list. Or just writing down the rules for Foxes and Felines maybe
    7vu0SIL.jpg

    Having some dinner at the central area
    f1kpM0a.jpg

    Kicking back near the pillows on the floor
    pizO83B.jpg

    The die is cast. Indira just needs someone to play with
    qAvqTrO.jpg

    The mistress on her bed. Handy for when you have had too much sujamma and want to stay overnight
    EVlDJ3D.jpg

    Cozying up at the pillows
    xMj15z3.jpg

    Indira eyeing that skooma pipe
    Ia4iWT7.jpg

    Even more skooma and food. What else can a Dunmer need
    xUSy692.jpg

    A side table with some skooma, foods, drinks and incense
    pFzLWTG.jpg

    Kitty is having fun underneath the table
    i1cqnZP.jpg

    Lots of different candles light up the place
    1y0mFtB.jpg

    The residential area. Off limits to anyone but the mistress
    5y4ZgxQ.jpg

    A small tableau of a vase, flowers and candles
    e6KKUyP.jpg

    Nicely done.

    Having said that, where are all the passed out skooma addicts and strung out, um, entertainment persons? I think soul shriven, writhing around as they do, would look like proper addicts.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha. Well its not a drug and courtesan den. Something a little more tasteful id say.

    Also please dont quote my original post, it makes all the many pictures appear again in the quote. Just reply instead =p
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job! Kragenhome is next on my list to purchase and decorate. I'm mostly finished with my Velothi Reverie (which was the first home I purchased and decorated). It's gone through many transformations, but I'm pretty happy with how it's turned out. I've got about 10 slots left for adding some more plants or other knick-knacks.

    I'm also mostly complete with Ald Velothi Harbor House and Amaya Lake Lodge. I've got about 6 slots left in Ald Velothi to add a few more relics or other knick-knacks (I've utilized the shelves at the entrance to display some Dwarven and Daedric relics, considering it's proximity to both a Daedric and a Dwarven ruin - there are also some other achievement furnishings on display).

    Amaya Lake Lodge is also pretty much complete. I've got about 20 slots to do something with the balcony accessible from an exterior staircase. I'm also hoping to get a few plants in around the exterior. I removed all rocks to get more slots, but it's left a few bare patches around the place.

    I haven't purchased Quondom yet. Gotta save up some more gold for that. :smile:

    I'm gonna look up your other post about inn rooms. I'd like to see what you did with the 30-slot limit. My Penthouse looks pretty bare bones, as I used almost half my slots for lighting, since it has no windows.
  • riberion
    riberion
    ✭✭✭
    Looks fantastic! You always do a great job decorating.
    PC NA
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    riberion wrote: »
    Looks fantastic! You always do a great job decorating.

    Aw thanks. These comments are always so encouraging and heartwarming.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, we're nearing the end of the video clips for the homes I have already presented here in pictures. I think the Kragenhome video ended up rather nice, there's so much detail and clutter in this home, so in a video it makes it easier to show off everything, instead of taking a million pictures. Feel free to comment with feedback on the video, I'm pretty new to this, so trying to get a feel of what kind of recording people usually prefer. Cheers.

    Edited by Carbonised on March 22, 2018 8:05AM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for making a video of this. Really able to see all the details you've put into this place. It makes me excited to start working on my own, as it looks like you can get a lot of detail into this place before the cap is reached.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It actually looks lived in and ready for entertaining -- great work!
    @Cardinal05 // Geezus Take The Heal (PC, NA) // Divine Design Alliance
    Add-on Developer // Essential Housing Tools - Magic Carpet - DecoTrack - Guild Alert
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Thanks for making a video of this. Really able to see all the details you've put into this place. It makes me excited to start working on my own, as it looks like you can get a lot of detail into this place before the cap is reached.

    Kragenhome is actually the only one of my homes where I didn't struggle with the limit. Probably because it's just a single room, though the cap is designed for medium sized houses. Silly really =p So I guess you can sort of go crazy on this one and do whatever you like.
    R_K wrote: »
    It actually looks lived in and ready for entertaining -- great work!

    Thank you, that was exactly what I was going for here =)
  • Matthys
    Matthys
    Soul Shriven
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I'm mostly finished with my Velothi Reverie (which was the first home I purchased and decorated).

    I'm also mostly complete with Ald Velothi Harbor House and Amaya Lake Lodge.

    Considering you have most of the Dunmer housing may i ask which is your favourite and the one you use the most? I'm interested in the locations of the houses too as some are much closer to wayshrines and merchants than others. As well as their aesthetics (obviously). :p

    The reason i ask is that I'm looking to purchase either Velothi Reverie or the Ald Velothi Harbor House. Both also have classic Dunmer styles too that i love. Considering their locations, the Reverie seems the better purchase and value for money. I know i can just preview them (which i have) but it's just not the same as a review from someone who owns them and has spent time and effort decorating them. I just want to make sure before i buy one then facepalm in regret. :/



  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matthys wrote: »
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I'm mostly finished with my Velothi Reverie (which was the first home I purchased and decorated).

    I'm also mostly complete with Ald Velothi Harbor House and Amaya Lake Lodge.

    Considering you have most of the Dunmer housing may i ask which is your favourite and the one you use the most? I'm interested in the locations of the houses too as some are much closer to wayshrines and merchants than others. As well as their aesthetics (obviously). :p

    The reason i ask is that I'm looking to purchase either Velothi Reverie or the Ald Velothi Harbor House. Both also have classic Dunmer styles too that i love. Considering their locations, the Reverie seems the better purchase and value for money. I know i can just preview them (which i have) but it's just not the same as a review from someone who owns them and has spent time and effort decorating them. I just want to make sure before i buy one then facepalm in regret. :/

    I'm still partial to Velothi Reverie, since it was the very first home I purchased with gold and decorated from scratch. I like that it has well-defined rooms and lots of interior space. If you like outdoor spaces, then Ald Velothi might be a better choice, but I really do like the small outdoor patio and garden area at Velothi Reverie.

    Also, Velothi Reverie is definitely better located, although Ald Velothi isn't too far away from a wayshrine. But, Velothi Reverie is closer to its wayshrine, plus there is a vendor and cooking station just outside it's front door.

    Ald Velothi can be a bit more challenging to decorate due to its irregular shape and all the nooks and crannies (though they can lend themselves to some creative spaces). Also, if you're like me and like to stick with the style of the house, it would be harder to decorate it with the rarity of the Vvardenfell plans (although the furnishing documents and the upcoming increase to drop rates make that less of an issue).

    I think I'd recommend Velothi Reverie over Ald Velothi due to location, mostly, and ease of decoration. Also, as I mentioned, I'm still very partial to my Velothi Reverie since it was my very first home. Hope that helps!

    ETA: I have all the Dunmer homes except the Chauteau and Quondom. But @Carbonised has them all, and perhaps he has some thoughts on the Reverie vs. the Harbor House. :smile:
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on May 3, 2018 6:03PM
  • Matthys
    Matthys
    Soul Shriven
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I think I'd recommend Velothi Reverie over Ald Velothi due to location, mostly, and ease of decoration. Also, as I mentioned, I'm still very partial to my Velothi Reverie since it was my very first home. Hope that helps!

    Yes, absolutely that helps, thank you. Quite the detailed reply too and yes, i would normally decorate in the same style of the architecture. I never even knew about the low drop rate of Vvardenfell plans, hopefully it changes like you said. Velothi Reverie it is! :)

Sign In or Register to comment.