The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

optional, Cross-Platform server

phaneub17_ESO
phaneub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
The technology is there, even Microsoft offered to put it together for their Xbox games to play with PC players and PS4 players. I think it could work with ESO by creating a separate PC server that disable addons and only allows controller support, no keyboard or mouse. It would be available for PC:NA, PC:EU, PS4 Pro, and Xbox One X for it to be on an even playing field; it may have to require ESO Plus to access the server, otherwise you can still play on the regular servers. The idea here is you can now play with everyone and anyone regardless of platform, but its not forced on anyone with an optional server that will be completely separate from the existing servers, on top of that everyone will be equal starting fresh.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 and Xbox together: yes. But not with PC players.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

Why not? Cooties? ;)

Genuinely curious.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like a good idea on paper, but I'm not sure I have the faith in the devs to do it right. =/
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why not? Cooties? ;)

Genuinely curious.

PC players have better hardware, option to get additional addons and better controls.

PS4 and Xbox share the same limitations.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why not? Cooties? ;)

Genuinely curious.

PC players have better hardware, option to get additional addons and better controls.

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up for me. :)

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why not? Cooties? ;)

Genuinely curious.

This is also a really good point, too.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • ssorgatem
    ssorgatem
    ✭✭✭✭
    A new server would only spread out even more the player base, so you'd end up with one (or 2, NA/EU) more server but with fewer players in every server.

Which is kinda like the opposite of your goal, isn't it?
  • WakeYourGhost
    WakeYourGhost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Console Players with PC players?
    So Console players can finally experience full-scale Addon use and Abuse like never have they ever, the glory of Macros based combat for a 1.3 millisecond click delay between actions, and other forms of family friendly gaem aboose?
    Sounds like a party no one is ready for.. Except those PC PvPers, who are coming to a knife fight with an Orbital Laser Cannon, a portable Nuke Launcher, and a deployable Volcano Eruption.

Console Players vs Eachother? Maybe when Sony stops getting Haxxed and Microsoft stops falling apart at the seams on their xBone?

Either way, expect failures non-stop.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cross platform MMORPGs work fine and create a thriving playerbase (when done right). FFXIV is a fantastic example of this. DCUO also revitalized itself by merging platforms. People also forget how many PC players play this game on toaster-equivalents, too, with hardware far worse than what’s in a console. So I find the performance argument moot when there are persistent issues regardless of platform.

I think it would be great for the game: true cross platform, though, not as the OP suggested.
    Edited by Peekachu99 on March 9, 2018 10:37AM
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why a pc player would want to nerf their gaming experience or buy additional hardware in the form of a controller.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PC has addons, better performance, faster and more precise input. This wouldn't be a fair environment.

Edit: You can deactivate addons, sure. But you can't compensate the difference in hardware and deactivating mouse and keyboard as input devices is not fully possible.
    Edited by FakeFox on March 9, 2018 12:03PM
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »
    PC has addons, better performance, faster and more precise input. This wouldn't be a fair environment.

I like how some of you just skim it without actually reading, Addons on this server as disabled as are mouse and keyboard.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I like how some of you just skim it without actually reading, Addons on this server as disabled as are mouse and keyboard.

Then basically no PC player would be on that server.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • tair
    tair
    Soul Shriven

Except for the PC players that already use controllers or want to play with friends on other platforms.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tair wrote: »

Except for the PC players that already use controllers or want to play with friends on other platforms.

Thats what I said. ;)
  • tair
    tair
    Soul Shriven

Thats what I said. ;)

weak/10
  • ssorgatem
    ssorgatem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    Cross platform MMORPGs work fine and create a thriving playerbase (when done right). FFXIV is a fantastic example of this. DCUO also revitalized itself by merging platforms. People also forget how many PC players play this game on toaster-equivalents, too, with hardware far worse than what’s in a console. So I find the performance argument moot when there are persistent issues regardless of platform.

I think it would be great for the game: true cross platform, though, not as the OP suggested.

That would be if done from the beginning, or if servers were to be merged.

As it stands, the proposal would only further fragment the player base making things even worse.
  • tair
    tair
    Soul Shriven
    ssorgatem wrote: »

As it stands, the proposal would only further fragment the player base making things even worse.

Or you just merge the console servers and allow PC to join too so instead of 3 separate servers based on platforms you now have one with all platforms with no addons/kb&m and another which is just PC.
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PC NA here and I can say unequivocally that I would have ZERO interest in doing this. My 2 cp.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NA here and I can say unequivocally that I would have ZERO interest in doing this. My 2 cp.

And that is completely fine as again it is a completely separate server, if you choose not to participate it has no effect on your gameplay whatsoever.
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With Xbox yes.

PC can keep their macros and CE to themselfs.
  • ssorgatem
    ssorgatem
    ✭✭✭✭

Or you just merge the console servers and allow PC to join too so instead of 3 separate servers based on platforms you now have one with all platforms with no addons/kb&m and another which is just PC.

Why would a PC player want to degrade their experience by being forced to use the gamepad UI and not being allowed the use of addons... and all to start anew in a different server?
    They can already buy a console for that, so what's the point?
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I play with a PS4 controller on the PC, and literally, the ONLY handicap I face in PvP because of it is the camera speed...I just cant turn the camera as fast as I can on PC, even with stick sensitivity maxed out, which makes combat more difficult in some situations, but learn and adapt, it doesn't stop me from killing other players on a regular basis. I just cant stand playing with the keyboard though...more versatile for sure, but more awkward and the control isn't nearly as fine.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why would a PC player want to degrade their experience by being forced to use the gamepad UI and not being allowed the use of addons... and all to start anew in a different server?
    They can already buy a console for that, so what's the point?

This

You are going to have to pry my mouse and keyboard out of my cold, dead, rigor mortis filled hands
    Edited by Katahdin on March 9, 2018 3:31PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ironically, that's the real sticking point. Not the PC players, but PS4 and XBox players on the same server. Microsoft and Sony are both, independently, happy to allow PC/Console compatibility for multiplayer games (though there are some strings attached), but the hard, "no," is allowing the console communities to interact. I'm not sure on the full logic involved, but that's the thing that shuts this idea down hard. It's not cross play between Consoles and PC, it's that Sony and Microsoft don't want to play nice with one another.
  • Motherball
    Motherball
    ✭✭✭✭
    Being cross-platform was one if the main reasons I was interested in ESO. I was very disappointed the developers decided against it. Game is still great, but a game needs to come along and show that it can be done well, put the naysayers to rest so we can all enjoy what we deserve.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ironically, that's the real sticking point. Not the PC players, but PS4 and XBox players on the same server. Microsoft and Sony are both, independently, happy to allow PC/Console compatibility for multiplayer games (though there are some strings attached), but the hard, "no," is allowing the console communities to interact. I'm not sure on the full logic involved, but that's the thing that shuts this idea down hard. It's not cross play between Consoles and PC, it's that Sony and Microsoft don't want to play nice with one another.

Because this is the staple of console marketing? Force your customer into an eco-system so they can never leave. You want to play with your friends? Go buy xBox/PS like they did! I've never heard about PC players asking for cross-platform since it is completely a non-issue for them.
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why would PC master race want to associate with console peasants?

MoreRAM.jpg
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is simple

Either they want to do it and will offer it.

OR

As they've said for year, they don't want to do it and wont offer it.

(All the do this and require that is not logical or going to motivate the situation)
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on March 9, 2018 4:14PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »

Because this is the staple of console marketing? Force your customer into an eco-system so they can never leave. You want to play with your friends? Go buy xBox/PS like they did! I've never heard about PC players asking for cross-platform since it is completely a non-issue for them.

@Royaji

This is not a correct statement, for example Xbox has play anywhere titles which literally encourage us to buy once and play on PC and or Xbox in addition to having the save update.

Part 2, PC players have always asked for cross platform its not just a console group which is why its been done since the early 2000's for some games. If both groups were not requesting it, no one would've worked to offer it.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on March 9, 2018 4:20PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501