Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

My Saint Delyn Penthouse

Carbonised
Carbonised
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Today I'm presenting my decorated Saint Delyn's Penthouse in Vivec City.

For those of you who have already seen my Ebony Flask and Flaming Nix inn room, this one isn't terribly different. I went with the same kind of setting, a luxurious hotel like room. The difference is that I'm only using the Vvardenfell furniture recipes for this one, so no base game Dunmer items.

I have to say that this one was a real headache to decorate. The room is somewhere between Ebony Flask and Flaming Nix in size, with large walls and a good sized space to decorate, but unfortunately it shares the same 30 furniture limit cap as the Ebony Flask, which makes it extremely easy to hit the furniture limit cap. There was so much stuff I wanted to put here, like more clutter, some food and drink items, but there simply wasn't enough slots free for it. The room itself is very dark and claustrophobic, there isn't a single window or light source, so I had to use many of my very few slots just for lighting. I put up a central chandelier to dispel some of the gloom at the ceiling level, as well as several lamps, candles and sconces all over the room, to make it appear more warm and welcoming. The chandelier and the vellum lamps also had the added benefit of showing off that nice blue tiled roof, so there's that at least.

I did manage to squeeze some of my favourite furnishing pieces into the room though, like the incense stick placed in a golden mesh holder next to the bed on the nightstand. I really like these incense sticks and the undulating grey smoke they give off. Animated items like that can really give some life into a home that is mostly just static and lifeless. Prepare to see many more of those in my other homes.

This marks the end of the trio of inn rooms, and I'll now continue with the larger Dunmer homes. First up I believe is Kragenhome, the smallest of the Dunmer apartments, stay tuned for that one some time soon in the future.

tPsHJVg.jpg

5CbSPqf.jpg

dywgP2n.jpg

5dcEr1c.jpg

2fhtxK6.jpg

sIFImjW.jpg

o9YdPA8.jpg

eBYzaTS.jpg

Wp8hYJy.jpg

Dakwooz.jpg

Edited by Carbonised on March 20, 2018 5:09PM
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wonderful!
    I have to re-do mine^^
    Edited by Azurya on March 8, 2018 7:52AM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »
    wonderful!
    I have to re-do mine^^

Thank you, I hope I was able to provide some inspiration with this one =)
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is even better than the others you´ve done! Fantastic! Wouldn´t mind if I had to live IRL there, actually, would love it. I just love the velothi architecture, and the way you´ve decorated it, managing to make it seem full and liveable with only 30 slots... Congratulations!
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is even better than the others you´ve done! Fantastic! Wouldn´t mind if I had to live IRL there, actually, would love it. I just love the velothi architecture, and the way you´ve decorated it, managing to make it seem full and liveable with only 30 slots... Congratulations!

Thank you for that praise. The Vvardenfell furniture pieces are obviously of a much higher quality than the regular Dunmer pieces, both in terms of detail and artistic quality. I do try and keep to the Dunmer furnishings for my Deshaan and Stonefalls homes, since I find that those fit the houses the best, but I then try and add some of the Vvardenfell decoration pieces to top it off.

But I think you will really like my Ald Velothi Harbor House and Amaya Lake Lodge when I get around to those, they will be decorated fully with Vvardenfell furnisture ;)

Tel Galen I have decorated strictly with Telvanni furniture on the inside, it looks pretty amazing I'd say, though unfortunately I'm at the furniture cap and haven't got any space left for all the knick-knacks and clutter.

I wouldn't have minded living at the Saint Delyn's Penthouse either, though I would rather have had a window or balcony too I think, haha. But I agree, the Vvardenfell furniture looks simply amazing, very exotic and oriental, but still stylish. I'm very impressed by the artistic team.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow! Great job! It's given me some ideas for mine. I think I'm just gonna have to remove some of the lights, as I have more than you do. I just don't like the dark corners! I do have a chandelier, so that gives off nice light, but the outside areas are still dark. I've got the Hlaalu lanterns hanging in all four corners as well as some standing candelabras around. But, I have managed a desk/chair, a double bed with two dressers, a seating area of two chairs/end table and an eating area with a table/two chairs. I also have a sideboard with a couple items on it. I think I still have the inkwell/quill on the desk, but I removed the letter I had there. Basically, that's it. But I think if I can redo the lighting, I might get a couple slots back for some decorative items.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Wow! Great job! It's given me some ideas for mine. I think I'm just gonna have to remove some of the lights, as I have more than you do. I just don't like the dark corners! I do have a chandelier, so that gives off nice light, but the outside areas are still dark. I've got the Hlaalu lanterns hanging in all four corners as well as some standing candelabras around. But, I have managed a desk/chair, a double bed with two dressers, a seating area of two chairs/end table and an eating area with a table/two chairs. I also have a sideboard with a couple items on it. I think I still have the inkwell/quill on the desk, but I removed the letter I had there. Basically, that's it. But I think if I can redo the lighting, I might get a couple slots back for some decorative items.

The Saint Delyn's is tricky. Large lights hanging high on the wall seem to give off the most light, and large pieces of furniture such as the canopy bed and the bookshelf takes up a lot of room, and makes it look a bit more fleshed out, even with the very small furniture limit. I only have very few small clutter peices, since I needed the slots for large pieces. It's a tricky one, but at can look alright at least!
  • riberion
    riberion
    ✭✭✭
    Great job! I got rather discouraged by the low item limit in this space, but it's a beautiful room.
    PC NA
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, just a small video clip of the penthouse. Nothing much has been changed here, other than the obligatory 2 pets added for life and atmosphere.

Edited by Carbonised on March 22, 2018 8:03AM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looking at the video has inspired me to try to re-work my inn room a little. I still have too many lights, so I need to work on reconfiguring and perhaps trying different lights so that I can remove a few to add some additional details.

Also, I think I might swap out some pieces for their nicer counterparts - the bed, for example is just one of the regular double beds, and not the canopy bed.

Looking forward to Ald Velothi, Amaya Lake Lodge, and Tel Galen! :)
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great use of the space and very tastefully done!
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    Great use of the space and very tastefully done!

Thanks a lot =)
  • themudkipb16_ESO
    It looks wonderful. Very effective placement of furniture, especially given the item cap. It makes me want to redecorate my own Penthouse.
  • Esmaralda
    Esmaralda
    ✭✭
    Beautiful! You definitely give me inspiration!
    ♥♥♥ Ezmaralda, Vampire of Morrowind ♥♥♥
  • krismissee82
    krismissee82
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing. I think you did a really good job, especially considering the item limit. Well done!
    Kaelindi - Stamblade
    Maelindi - Magblade
    Lindi - Magblade healer
    Lindi the Builder - Stamblade
    Lindi Stardust - Magplar
    PC NA
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's very nice and all... but how do you use the bed? The canopies all prevent you from getting on the bed.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgha_Kul wrote: »
    It's very nice and all... but how do you use the bed? The canopies all prevent you from getting on the bed.

None of the beds are usable/interactable. They are just for decoration.
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »

Well, beds without canopies, you can still jump onto then lie down. It's the canopy that prevents you getting ON the bed so you can lie down.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love St. Delyn and really wish they'd give us a higher item limit. You can't even make the picture that is presented in the load screen. I myself would love to be able to add more refined details particularly.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What flowers are those in the vase?

EDIT: Nevermind, just figured it out. They're "Pale Garden Flowers" from Abbah's Landing achievement furnisher.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on April 16, 2018 4:35AM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, beds without canopies, you can still jump onto then lie down. It's the canopy that prevents you getting ON the bed so you can lie down.

And I still don't see the point of typing /liedown on top of your bed, unless you're into some heavy RP, that is.

Sadly, with the exception of storage and titles, housing has zero utility at the moment. I hope this will change eventually, as housing right now is purely cosmetic and for fun and amusement, and with the constraints of the furniture limit, the fun and amusement proves rather limited indeed.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What flowers are those in the vase?

EDIT: Nevermind, just figured it out. They're "Pale Garden Flowers" from Abbah's Landing achievement furnisher.

They are. One of the very few flowers in the game that looks great, while still being able to go into a jar or a vase.

I have another thread going with lots of pictures of flowers and plant items that I would like to see become available, as you can already see them being used in the various towns and cities.

For the moment we are stuck with the same 5 ferns and flowers that actually fit inside a vase, so it does get a bit repetitive when you try and decorate your homes.
    Doesn't help that half of those 5 are Crown Store exclusives ...
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And I still don't see the point of typing /liedown on top of your bed, unless you're into some heavy RP, that is.

Sadly, with the exception of storage and titles, housing has zero utility at the moment. I hope this will change eventually, as housing right now is purely cosmetic and for fun and amusement, and with the constraints of the furniture limit, the fun and amusement proves rather limited indeed.

Well, I do like to RP... but you make a point I've been wrestling with for some time now.

I really LIKE getting a house in a game, becoming part of the world... but here, there's none of the stuff that I like about that.

In Galaxies, I could drop a house almost anywhere, get whatever view I wanted in whatever zone I wanted, etc. I could sit on my balcony, and watch as people drove by, wave at them, perhaps even invite them in to shop at my vendors, and such.

In Lord of the Rings Online, my house is in a neighbourhood, so it's not part of the larger world. That means it's less likely I'll ever encounter anyone there... though it's POSSIBLE. Plus, there's the sense of being part of a community, as there are all the other houses in the neighbourhood.

Here, there's no neighbourhood. I can't even SEE outside the house in most cases. In houses with walls, very often you can't see over the wall... and if you could, you wouldn't see anything going on. The house isn't part of the world at all, so you won't see anyone else... ever. In fact, I can't even VISIT someone else's house on a whim, because I can only visit houses of people I know (and I solo all the time because I don't know anyone else in the game...). There's no sense of community. No sense that I'm part of the world. The house feels like a pocket dimension where I'm alone... all alone. Housing could/should be a very social thing for a game. I said that when they were first talking about adding it. They failed to provide any kind of social setting AND priced most houses in a way that discourages or prevents the people who want them most, the RPers, from getting them.

So... I keep asking myself, Do I get that Domus Phrasticus? Do I get the Ald Velothi Harbour House? 5000 crowns is a LOT to spend on something with no real value... so I don't do it, and go back to wondering if I should (in some likely vain hope housing will become worthwhile at some point).
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the new furnishing items we have gotten since I did my original showcases of my Dunmer homes, I have updated several of these with new luxury items, statuettes and especially the Vvardenfell Hlaalu Chiminea. I'm not going to do video tours again of these older homes, but I'll put up a few screenshots displaying the new item additions, as well as any other rearranging I have done to these. The first one is the Saint Delyn Penthouse. Not a whole lot has changed here, mostly the addition of the Dunmer themed Azura and Vivec statue, added the Banker Tythis for atmosphere, as well as the Hlaalu Chiminea. I'm glad we finally got access to that recipe, even if it was like 2 years after Vvardenfell came out. It's incredible how much atmosphere it creates in a room, especially the smaller rooms like the inns. Anyway, enough talk, here's my updated Saint Delyn's:

nN6B2M6.jpg
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Very nice. :smile:

That Chiminea also looks really good in the corner of the Sugar Bowl, in Rimmen, by the way.

The style and colour fit right in there.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

That Chiminea also looks really good in the corner of the Sugar Bowl, in Rimmen, by the way.

Now that I finally have all the Elsweyr recipes, I should probably decorate that inn room as well. But frankly, with the current furniture texture issues, my motivation is really low, so we'll see what comes out of that whole thing before I do any more houses.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

Now that I finally have all the Elsweyr recipes, I should probably decorate that inn room as well. But frankly, with the current furniture texture issues, my motivation is really low, so we'll see what comes out of that whole thing before I do any more houses.

Yeah, I know.

I really hope they fix them.

Even the Khajiit ESO+ Statuette has a poor texture.