Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

My Flaming Nix Deluxe Garret

Carbonised
Carbonised
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
The next house, the Flaming Nix apartment, is now done. It didn't take too long, since it's only a single room, like the other Ebon Flask inn room. This one, however, was a lot more satisfying to make, since the room is quite bigger than the Ebon Flask one, it has straight walls and ceiling instead of curved, and it has a rather higher furnishing limit. I actually managed to decorate this room exactly like I wanted, with a lot of clutter items, before hitting the item cap.

Like the Ebon Flask, I wanted this one to be sort of a hotel suite, albeit a more luxurious one than the Ebon Flask. So once again we have a bed and sleeping area, as well as a desk and chair with some office implements, some coin and the key to the door. There are some decorations on the walls, like the Dunmer flags, the Hlaalu tapestry and some smaller paintings.

I placed some bar blocks to make a sort of dinner area, where trays of cheese and fruit have been placed along with a teapot, cups and some assorted drinks, and a couple of sweetrolls. I didn't make a real kitchen, since this is again a hotel suite/inn room, so I assume the food and drinks are ordered from the kitchen below, sort of like room service.

A lot of candles, trinket boxes, knick knacks and candles have been placed all over the shelves and desks to make it look lived in. There's also a small censer near the bed giving off a pleasant aroma. I love the insence items and censers, so you can look forward to seeing plenty of those in my next houses.

And of course, since this is the Flaming Nix, there's my small Nix pet living near the bed.

Next up I think I will do the St Delyn's Penthouse, just to finish off the smaller 1-room inns, and it will give me an opportunity to use more of the Vvardenfell furnishings.

eFHBrIe.jpg

3oknqZW.jpg

CF51vhI.jpg

xjPI1fK.jpg

WyIWFRj.jpg

FNTqVQO.jpg

xMwGCbn.jpg

Ktpnvuo.jpg

Ti7UqRq.jpg

Edited by Carbonised on March 20, 2018 5:12PM
  • VonNelson
    VonNelson
    ✭✭✭
    So many little details! Love the desk. I especially love the gold urn and the tiered candle holder. I’m really looking forward to seeing the rest of your houses!
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VonNelson wrote: »
    So many little details! Love the desk. I especially love the gold urn and the tiered candle holder. I’m really looking forward to seeing the rest of your houses!

Thank you =)

I love the Hlaalu Gilded Vase myself, especially with the white flowers popped into it. I think I'll be using that setup in many other homes.

I've found a few more plants and flowers that seem to fit into vases and pots, so I'll try and see if I can explore that a bit further.
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine has just a storage coffer in it since I just use it as a port to Mournohld to drop off crafting writs.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    M_Volsung wrote: »
    Mine has just a storage coffer in it since I just use it as a port to Mournohld to drop off crafting writs.

I really can't see the benefits of using houses as ports. I'm in 5 large trade guilds, and when I look at the guild roster, someone's always in Deshaan/Mournhold doing shopping or whatever, and I just use a free port to them, end up directly at the wayshrine, and just a stone's throw from the traders, the writs, the master writ merchant etc.

Instead of having to port with a loading screen to my house, then go out the door and wait on another loading screen, then having to run all the way down from the Flaming Nix to the central market.

But I guess if you're guildless or in very tiny guilds it's better than nothing. However, I find that porting directly to people on my friends list and guild roster is much more efficient and faster, and there's always someone in Belkarth, Rawlkha and the 3 Alliance capitals.
  • VonNelson
    VonNelson
    ✭✭✭
    I might start buying a few more mystery scrolls from old rolis...
  • krismissee82
    krismissee82
    ✭✭✭
    Really love seeing your houses! Thanks for posting :smiley:
    Kaelindi - Stamblade
    Maelindi - Magblade
    Lindi - Magblade healer
    Lindi the Builder - Stamblade
    Lindi Stardust - Magplar
    PC NA
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VonNelson wrote: »
    I might start buying a few more mystery scrolls from old rolis...

It takes a lot of effort to get all those recipes, but for me it was worth it. I saved up a few thousand vouchers before last update, then went and bought a huge load of purple documents. Traded a lot of duplicates with other people for the ones I didn't get, then went and bought some at guild traders, and sold off some of my own duplicates there as well, and managed to get all the purples within a few days.
    Saved up some hundred more vouchers for the last 2 blues I couldn't find at any guild traders, and eventually got all the blues as well. Massive work, and expensive and time consuming, but definitely worth it for me who has all the Dunmer homes in all 3 zones =D
    Really love seeing your houses! Thanks for posting :smiley:

Thanks! St. Delyn's Penthouse is actually already done, pictures should come up in a thread some time tomorrow =)
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You've given me some ideas for finishing off my Flaming Nix. Basically, I just have to put out the finishing touches, as all the basics were there since I did purchase this one furnished for 800 crowns. Only a little over half my monthly crowns allotment.

I've been pleased to see that not only do you like Dunmer architecture, culture, etc., but you like to decorate a home in the same style. I've seen some pretty amazing homes, but was always surprised at the eclectic mix of furnishings.

Having the MW furnishings has helped with that, as the Dunmer furnishings that came with Homestead were pretty limited.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    You've given me some ideas for finishing off my Flaming Nix. Basically, I just have to put out the finishing touches, as all the basics were there since I did purchase this one furnished for 800 crowns. Only a little over half my monthly crowns allotment.

I've been pleased to see that not only do you like Dunmer architecture, culture, etc., but you like to decorate a home in the same style. I've seen some pretty amazing homes, but was always surprised at the eclectic mix of furnishings.

Having the MW furnishings has helped with that, as the Dunmer furnishings that came with Homestead were pretty limited.

I buy them all furnished as well. It gives me a basic framework to work off of. And sometimes I keep most of the default furniture, while at other times I move it around quite a bit.

And yes, I find that keeping a coherent look makes for a much more tasteful home, at least in my opinion. I'm not a huge fan of the very eclectic homes, which are just a jumble of whichever random pieces their owner put together. It may appeal to others, but I try and keep a strict theme in my houses. Thus, the Stonefalls/Deshaan homes are mostly Dark Elf pieces, with some splashes of Vvardenfell (it's the same culture, anyway), while my Vvardenfell homes are almost exclusively Vvardenfell themed. Telvanni for my Tel Galen tower, and Hlaalu/Redoran/Dres/Indoril for the other ones.

My Velothi Reverie is done, it's the next I will showcase here. It has been turned into a grand library, and I personally think it looks amazing!

Good luck decorating your homes, and I'd love to see what you do with them, make sure to showcase them here since we play on different servers =p
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

I buy them all furnished as well. It gives me a basic framework to work off of. And sometimes I keep most of the default furniture, while at other times I move it around quite a bit.

And yes, I find that keeping a coherent look makes for a much more tasteful home, at least in my opinion. I'm not a huge fan of the very eclectic homes, which are just a jumble of whichever random pieces their owner put together. It may appeal to others, but I try and keep a strict theme in my houses. Thus, the Stonefalls/Deshaan homes are mostly Dark Elf pieces, with some splashes of Vvardenfell (it's the same culture, anyway), while my Vvardenfell homes are almost exclusively Vvardenfell themed. Telvanni for my Tel Galen tower, and Hlaalu/Redoran/Dres/Indoril for the other ones.

My Velothi Reverie is done, it's the next I will showcase here. It has been turned into a grand library, and I personally think it looks amazing!

Good luck decorating your homes, and I'd love to see what you do with them, make sure to showcase them here since we play on different servers =p

I've done the same with my Dunmer homes. However, I purchased Amaya Lake Lodge and Tel Galen furnished, so my Tel Galen still has a few of it's original non-Telvanni house furnishings. Also, Amaya came with some Dark Elf furniture mixed in, and a lot of it is still there, as I haven't yet switched those pieces out yet. Now that I have the plans I need for that, I'll probably move that furniture to Kragenhome when I purchase it.

For the "duplicate" Redoran and Hlaalu furnishings, I've put strictly Redoran in Ald Velothi and Hlaalu in Amaya. I'd like to eventually decorate Tel Galen with just Telvanni furnishings, but I don't have all the plans yet. Plus, there are several areas/rooms that aren't finished or I'm just not really satisfied with, so a lot of work left there.

I look forward to seeing Velothi Reverie soon and the Vvardenfell ones in the hopefully not too distant future. Cheers!
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still trying to get used to this video recording, it's fun, but it takes some practise to get used to. So please excuse any beginner's errors, and feel free to come with any feedback. I tried to balance the amount of close ups and panorama views, but which do you prefer? More close ups of details, or more wide panoramas? Or a bit of both? Anyway, hope you enjoy this small video clip.

Oh, and a few updates since last presentation. Added some pets, they give a bit more life, and I also replaced that dark elf tan banner with the Dres Banner, Vines instead. I really don't like those dark elf banners, they look incredibly cheap and a bit ugly. So I decided to replace it with something of a much better quality.

Edited by Carbonised on March 22, 2018 8:06AM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm glad you were willing to try out doing videos, as they really do allow you to show off your homes in more detail.

I still like that you provide both panoramas to get a sense of the various spaces and close-ups to show detail.
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is very nice!

May I ask, what is that key you have on the desk? I haven't ever seen a key decoration before... and now I need them!
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is very nice!

May I ask, what is that key you have on the desk? I haven't ever seen a key decoration before... and now I need them!

Thank you.

The only key I have been able to find in this game (except for the Skeleton Key which is from CWC), is the Replica Bank key. You can buy them from merchants in outlaw refuges, and you have to have the Master Burglar achievement to buy it.

It's not too expensive, only 1k gold each, and they do look rather nice on a desk or placed on a shelf.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Small update to this inn room. Added some statuettes, the chiminea oven, and a few other small details.
    Updated look:

BXkWioJ.jpg