The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Rapid Maneuver animation gone

msetten
msetten
✭✭✭✭
After updating to the Dragon Bones, I am missing the Rapid Maneuver/Retreating Maneuver animation. Any one else?
  • ntheogenic
    ntheogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Also the animation for the NB skill twisting path seems to be missing some visual effects.

Maybe it's a coincidence, but both skills have a speed buff.

Edit: Noticed that this was the PS4 tech sub forum. I noticed it on the PC.
    Edited by ntheogenic on March 1, 2018 10:15AM
    GDBY
  • chaserstorm16909
    chaserstorm16909
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And it doesn't always work right either.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    msetten wrote: »
    After updating to the Dragon Bones, I am missing the Rapid Maneuver/Retreating Maneuver animation. Any one else?
    Well, that bug has been present in TESO since I began playing in December 2014. Namely, ordinarily an "animation" of my character is displayed when the character uses Rapid Maneuver (whether morphed to Retreating Maneuver), but sometimes it isn't shown. Regardless of whether the animation is missing, Rapid Maneuver almost always takes effect shortly after I press the key bound to its slot on the ability bar.

The same is true as to whether I see another player's character use Rapid Maneuver. The animation might not be shown, but the effect is nonetheless obvious when my character is in a group with theirs, and the cast affects every character in the group. If I ask the party whether someone used Rapid Maneuver, the reply is that they did.

That said, though, I've heard and read other player's comments about "animation cancelling" for abilities. It apparently refers to something that a player can do to cause an ability to take effect but cancel its animation so that the player can immediately input another command, such as using another ability. I don't know whether the animation for Rapid Maneuver can be deliberately cancelled by the player whose character used it, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if it can be.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been missing in certain places since day 1... go into somewhere like Seeker's Archive and use it. The buff still shows that it's operational, but the animation is totally missing.