The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

*Help Please!* Non-Pet MagSorc CP Allocation & Optimization (DB Patch)

MakeMeUhSamich
MakeMeUhSamich
✭✭✭✭✭
Greetings,

I was hoping to get some help from CP Gurus regarding CP optimization for my current non-pet MagSorc Build. With the recent off-balance changes, my “Blue” tree needs some help. I tried an online calculator, but I was pretty unsure about how to use it effectively. Several of the guides I’ve looked over vary greatly. I play on Console and don’t have access to add-ons.

I’m running 5 Mechanical Acuity, 3 Moondancer, 2 Illambris (5-1-1 for Undaunted Passive), 1 Asylum Lightning (imperfect) Infused w/shock, & VMA Lightning Nirn/Infused w/wep dmg.

Skills
Front: Inner Light, Aegis, Clench, Crushing Shock, Ward/Ele - Shooting Star Ult

Back: LL, Blockade, Curse, Aegis, Wrath/Fury - Destro Ult

With Spell Power Pots, I’m consistently hitting 34-35k DPS when solo applying Ele Drain (42-45k group on the large dummy).

Without changing gear or skills, what Blue CP distribution would best compliment this build?

Thanks in advance!

~Samich
Edited by MakeMeUhSamich on March 2, 2018 8:41PM
  • Camb0Sl1ce
    Camb0Sl1ce
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to know myself was hitting 40k last patch, now hovering around 37k. A little irritated, watched a vid of a guy hit 43k with a light attack rotation online, which is nice but by the end of a 3 mil he was dry. Id rather not go that route if possible.
  • MakeMeUhSamich
    MakeMeUhSamich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Camb0Sl1ce wrote: »
    I would like to know myself was hitting 40k last patch, now hovering around 37k. A little irritated, watched a vid of a guy hit 43k with a light attack rotation online, which is nice but by the end of a 3 mil he was dry. Id rather not go that route if possible.

My 1st parse after updating was 5k less! I’ve closed the gap considerably, but 3k gold per CP redistribute gets quite expensive quickly!
    Edited by MakeMeUhSamich on March 1, 2018 6:49PM
  • MakeMeUhSamich
    MakeMeUhSamich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should I focus more in MAA or Staff Expert? Even split?

Keep 75+ in Thaumaturge due to so many dots?
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am surprised people are suprised about 5K DPS loss.

Dragon Bones patch has been about nerfing mag sorcs and mag DKs. Straight nerf, no compensation. Take the 5k loss and deal with the fact that now you are a second class, fresh-of-nerf citizen.
  • Camb0Sl1ce
    Camb0Sl1ce
    ✭✭✭
    @MakemeUhSamich im still running 75 in thaum, tried some different allocations but seemed to hit more with with exploiters even with the off balance changes. Running 31 in maa, nothing in staff expert.
  • MakeMeUhSamich
    MakeMeUhSamich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Camb0Sl1ce wrote: »
    @MakemeUhSamich im still running 75 in thaum, tried some different allocations but seemed to hit more with with exploiters even with the off balance changes. Running 31 in maa, nothing in staff expert.

Thanks! I’ve also found that keeping more in Thaum increases my DPS with the skills I’m using. However, some similar builds suggest only using ~40...so confusing not having proper metrics on Console.

*Still hoping a CP Guru might weigh in.
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would appreciate input here myself too, main is a non-pet magsorc. I've played around with the CP points but I think I have too many in each area (thinking I need to spread them out more), not getting the full bang for my CP points.

I will have 720 cp points total in a couple of days.
    Edited by Hurtfan on March 2, 2018 6:13PM
    For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
  • MakeMeUhSamich
    MakeMeUhSamich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hurtfan wrote: »
    I would appreciate input here myself too, main is a non-pet magsorc. I've played around with the CP points but I think I have too many in each area (thinking I need to spread them out more), not getting the full bang for my CP points.

I will have 720 cp points total in a couple of days.

I’ve played around with my CP, too. Probably spent ~45k gold so far and it’s still not fully tweaked!
  • MakeMeUhSamich
    MakeMeUhSamich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    I am surprised people are suprised about 5K DPS loss.

Dragon Bones patch has been about nerfing mag sorcs and mag DKs. Straight nerf, no compensation. Take the 5k loss and deal with the fact that now you are a second class, fresh-of-nerf citizen.

Yes, I was surprised. However, I’ve been able to get back within 1-2k of where I was previously. Hopefully, someone adept with CP optimization and access to combat metrics will weigh in with how to maximize DPS with the skills I outlined in the OP.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump :)