Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tel Var Penalty Loss for dying in IC and The Sewers

• Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    50% loss of TV stones just seems a tad.....excessive to me. Not complaining, mind you. Just thought I'd how many others would agree, and if so what sort of reduction to this would you recommend? I'd suggest 25%. I also make routine bank drops, but it definitely stings when you occasionally forget and lose thousands.

So you want to remove the only thing that makes IC any fun?
  • DosPanchos
    DosPanchos
    ✭✭✭
    reiverx wrote: »
    The risk/reward is an interesting mechanic. Some of my best moments in the game have been in IC.

Unfortunately it's also the reason that IC is dead and has been a total fail.

I don't think you can say a "total fail". It's certainly struggled but it seems to be reviving lately (PS4) and it still has so much potential. As much criticism as ZOS receives they actually do pay attention to the needs of the game...
  • Takuto
    Takuto
    ✭✭✭
    The thing I never understood about this mechanic, is it doesn't take into account the amount of telvar the person you died to risked.

Maybe you should gain a higher percentage based on the amount of tel var you are carrying, or prevent a player from 'winning' more than say 2x what they are carrying.

Likewise it would be nice if releasing to a district was only possible if you were carrying a certain amount of tel-var.

It would just be nice if people were encouraged to take a risk for pvp purposes in the zone, currently the only people carrying a tel var are PvE farmers.
    Eternal Destiny (PC/NA)
    Dead Wait (PC/NA Haderus AD)
  • DosPanchos
    DosPanchos
    ✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    Which vendor sells the Sigil of Imperial Retreat again? I'm not sure if I missed it or was just looking at the wrong vendors.

IC sewers, home base. The room that sells shieldbreaker and the other sets for tel var. first vendor on the left (EP). They cost 10k as each but can be well worth it.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    I disagree, 50% is too low. It used to be 80% to players and 20% to NPC - but people would suicide themselves to save stones if attacked. All that was needed was the 20% going up to 50%

I think players targeting people should get a bigger haul for sure.

50% may seem harsh if you want an easy laugh hoarding your 100k's of stones. however the point is that its not a dull farming zone, its spicy with some adrenaline
    The % of damage you do should have an impact too.

The BS of someone tagging you last minute right before an NPC actually did most of the work was B.S.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gprime31 wrote: »
    50% loss of TV stones just seems a tad.....excessive to me. Not complaining, mind you. Just thought I'd how many others would agree, and if so what sort of reduction to this would you recommend? I'd suggest 25%. I also make routine bank drops, but it definitely stings when you occasionally forget and lose thousands.

So you want to remove the only thing that makes IC any fun?

I don't understand your statement. I said reduce, not "remove".
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't need a reduction, what it does need is an increase in box drop ... You don't mind losing it as much that way ... But to play for a long time and have an enemy player come in gank you n take 50% in a fraction of the time hurts your soul
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it the way it is. adds a different flavor to the game. I go out with 1000 stones and come back every 1500 and deposit 500 and go back out again. Sometimes I get too cocky and take on too many and die but it puts me back in my place.

And it's fun sneaking around IC with the added risk of losing stones if you mess up.
  • Ophion
    Ophion
    ✭✭✭
    I’m totally against lowering the telvar loss. The imperial district and sewers unique selling point is based on the fact that there should be a risk and reward situation going on. Facing players of other factions that may or may not have tel var that could be lost depending on how you choose to fight are tons of fun. Lowering the loss would ruin that zone, I would love to see other changes like restricting groups in IC to a maximum of 8 and raising the loss to what it were when the DLC released. Also imo the bosses should be abit tougher since CP has been raised and ppl tend to stack up in larger groups compared to a few months back.
    PC/EU
    Ophion | Magicka Dragonknight EP
    Ophıon | Magicka Dragonknight DC
    Ophıøn | Magicka Dragonknight AD
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss the old IC where there was actual higher risks. Bring back the 80% loss vs players and keep it at 50% for NPCs. Also remove the district mechanic and make something better. Zergs are boring now. Either I'm on an alliance that's currently zerging and there's no PvP topside, or I'm against a zerg and I just leave the IC because the alliance I'm on left because of them.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    I like it the way it is. adds a different flavor to the game. I go out with 1000 stones and come back every 1500 and deposit 500 and go back out again. Sometimes I get too cocky and take on too many and die but it puts me back in my place.

And it's fun sneaking around IC with the added risk of losing stones if you mess up.

I like to leave with none, make my way to the center of the sewers and make my way back or use the teleporting stone if I have over 2k TV on me by then. (I have a couple of Telvar farming toons lol)

50 trips like that and you'll have 100k telvar. But most folks don't want to play the long game in the sewers, they all want the big score so they try to farm the City bosses and get ganked and then cry foul...
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Juju_beans wrote: »

Yeah, the sneaking around IS a lot of fun. ha ha
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 50% would be more reasonable if tel var prices weren't overinflated for players without access to a PvE/PvP farmzerg.
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spice it up .... bump up the Tel Var death penalty loss to 90% ... BUT ... the maximum number of Tel Var stones you can steal from someone is limited by the number of Tel Var stones you carry. Now, that would certainly spices things up ... besides, we all know sewer gankers love that high-risk/high-reward play style.
    Edited by Maryal on March 10, 2018 2:20AM
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's fine as it is.
    50% is more than enough loss/gain.
    You still risk losing a significant amount from your time spent without making it a total waste of time if you do die.
    Edited by Katahdin on March 15, 2018 4:19PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maryal wrote: »
    Spice it up .... bump up the Tel Var death penalty loss to 90% ... BUT ... the maximum number of Tel Var stones you can steal from someone is limited by the number of Tel Var stones you carry. Now, that would certainly spices things up ... besides, we all know sewer gankers love that high-risk/high-reward play style.

No thanks. Before TV was capped to 50% no one carried tel var, it was rare to find someone with 1,000 or more. Not saying you couldn't find them, but it* wasn't as common as now.

The amount of TV for example that I was capable of making pre 50% cap is nowhere near comparable to what I can make now.

Also the players who get farmed for TV typically always have a numbers advantage to the gankers that farm them. Why should I have to equip 10K stones to earn as much, when I'm solo and you have a group of 5-10 people farming. Most good TV gankers want to limit how many allies touch the players, to walk away with as much TV as possible.

The risk / reward that a TV ganker engages in now, is that the ganker is typically outnumbered and has to contend with other gankers competing to farm players, and to also make it back to base with what was stolen, only then is the ganker rewarded. It's easier to be the farmed player, because of your numbers advantage and how easy it is to farm IC uninterrupted.
    Edited by OdinForge on March 16, 2018 2:34PM
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    OdinForge wrote: »
    Maryal wrote: »

No thanks. Before TV was capped to 50% no one carried tel var, it was rare to find someone with 1,000 or more. Not saying you couldn't find them, but it* wasn't as common as now.

The amount of TV for example that I was capable of making pre 50% cap is nowhere near comparable to what I can make now.

Also the players who get farmed for TV typically always have a numbers advantage to the gankers that farm them. Why should I have to equip 10K stones to earn as much, when I'm solo and you have a group of 5-10 people farming. Most good TV gankers want to limit how many allies touch the players, to walk away with as much TV as possible.

The risk / reward that a TV ganker engages in now, is that the ganker is typically outnumbered and has to contend with other gankers competing to farm players, and to also make it back to base with what was stolen, only then is the ganker rewarded. It's easier to be the farmed player, because of your numbers advantage and how easy it is to farm IC uninterrupted.

I have to agree. Seems to me the population in IC is sparse enough. If they set it, again, to cost a player almost ALL the TV they're carrying I think interest would dwindle even more.
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    Its a unfair system, bcause this i never ll enter in IC...
  • RippingIt
    RippingIt
    It should go back to 80%. IC is a PVP DLC first, as much as tel var farmers ("but i'm a pve player") want to forget about it.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it should be More, i think 50% penalty is not enough.
    im sorry but it seems weak to me.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lowering the loss would likely bring more players in IC. But don’t. So those who say to keep it as is can make another thread about how empty IC is.
  • RippingIt
    RippingIt
    maxjapank wrote: »
    Lowering the loss would likely bring more players in IC. But don’t. So those who say to keep it as is can make another thread about how empty IC is.

IC is a PVP DLC. Grinding in a PVP zone should have risks.
    Pandering to pve heroes that would rather mindlessly stack in groups of 14-16 on a boss to get 150 tv each and complain about getting killed at district swaps without their group isn't the way to go.

As for how empty IC is, making a separate PVP leaderboard for it would bring in an influx of PVP players, and making the rewards that drop from bosses / events better would attract PVE ones.

There was a discussion recently between the devs and the PVP community about implementing "world boss" events in Cyrodiil. Not the usual overland world boss kind that you can solo with random green gear. But bosses that would take a trial group to kill and would drop actually worthy rewards. Implementing something similar in IC would go a long way to attract people to that DLC.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you new player ? Prepare yourself bullied by experienced players in the game and in forum. 720 CP is almost 50 percent more effective in defense and dps based on CPs alone. Gear and NBs god class not counted. 720CP can easily kill 1vX against 300 cp provided same skill level, even gear level and boost themselves that they have done something wonderful.
    ESO player is one of the toxic community to new players and ZOs wont listen. ZOs not even worry about new players players getting bullied and change game mechanics to suit everyone . Imperial city is waste of money for lower level players. Its money thrown into garbage.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on April 2, 2018 8:09PM
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RippingIt wrote: »
    IC is a PVP DLC

Nope.

IC is a PVP/PVE Zone.

Source: ZOS

• Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭

Are you new player ? Prepare yourself bullied by experienced players in the game and in forum. 720 CP is almost 50 percent more effective in defense and dps based on CPs alone. Gear and NBs god class not counted. 720CP can easily kill 1vX against 300 cp provided same skill level, even gear level and boost themselves that they have done something wonderful.
    ESO player is one of the toxic community to new players and ZOs wont listen. ZOs not even worry about new players players getting bullied and change game mechanics to suit everyone . Imperial city is waste of money for lower level players. Its money thrown into garbage.

Oh no. I began playing back when ESO launched, but quit after a few weeks because the game was way too solo player oriented and the lag in Cyro was far worse than it is now. Came back last year and have enjoyed it vastly more. PvP communities in any game are generally toxic. I completely expect that. lol :)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    esotoon wrote: »
    RippingIt wrote: »
    IC is a PVP DLC

Nope.

IC is a PVP/PVE Zone.

Source: ZOS

That's kind of a distinction without a difference, though.

There's tons of PVE to be had, but its all within a PVP-enabled space (with the exception of the 2 dungeons and crafting stations and a few quest NPC locations).
  • Capsaica
    Capsaica
    ✭✭✭
    The 50% Tel Var loss seems pretty good to me. It is risk vs reward, and the risks and rewards are clear.

I just wish that the NPCs - at least the bosses - which kill players would accumulate the Tel Var stones which they take from the players. That would encourage some interesting gameplay. If you're with a group and you die to a boss - at least your stones aren't entirely lost...just redistributed to your group. If you are solo and/or your small group dies to a boss, then someone else can reap the rewards of your defeat.

Of course, I could see some trollish players kiting bosses into groups to get the boss to help them kill players, then turn around and kill the boss to harvest the Tel Var. This would take some serious skill, of course, to kite a boss, get it to aggro on the other players and then turn around and kill it themselves. Survivable plus damage dealing...could be messy. This could also be a way to troll players of your own faction, of course. A way to open up friendly fire without actually opening up that particular can of worms (or bringing back the purge/wall of elements bug). >:)
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's tons of PVE to be had, but its all within a PVP-enabled space (with the exception of the 2 dungeons and crafting stations and a few quest NPC locations).

Oh yeah, I fully agree. I was just meaning that when talking about IC you can’t just dismiss or ignore the thoughts and concerns of PVEers or changes that would impact the PVE side of IC by saying “They don’t matter, it's a PVP zone”, when ZOS advertises it as being both.

Edited by esotoon on April 4, 2018 12:33AM
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS logic: 'we need frustate our customers, who pay us'
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    esotoon wrote: »

Oh yeah, I fully agree. I was just meaning that when talking about IC you can’t just dismiss or ignore the thoughts and concerns of PVEers or changes that would impact the PVE side of IC by saying “They don’t matter, it's a PVP zone”, when ZOS advertises it as being both.

Sort of? With the exception of the dungeons, there's practically no space that in PVE only, and I say this as someone who has completed the Main Quest of the Imperial City. It absolutely is a PVP zone...that happens to have a PVE quest happening in the same place that can be interrupted at any moment by PVP. There is no "PVE side" of the Imperial City as everything except for the dungeons (a separate quest entirely) and a few crafting stations and quest NPC locations takes place in the middle of a PVP-enabled zone. You can't PVE in the Imperial City separately from the PVP in any meaningful way (until the very final instanced quest of the Imperial City main quest).
    Edited by VaranisArano on April 4, 2018 1:28AM