The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Quest Glitch - Thieves Guild DLC

Merrien
Merrien
✭✭✭
Hi, I play on Windows PC. I was working through the thieves guild quests, and started the "Note from Quen" one. I talked to her, and it updated to the "Break into Sulima Mansion" one. I met her there and talked to her, she started the breaking in process, and I had to log out suddenly. (Small Child). When I logged back in, Quen was gone, I cannot "trespass" into the mansion as the option is greyed out for me, and I did my standard-- logging out and back in, nope. I abandoned the quest, but now the "note from quen" item does not appear for me again in the thieves guild. I even went back to Quen's place to see if maybe on an alternate, the quest would start up at her little hidey hole, but she was no longer there either.

I submitted a help request in game, but since I had abandoned the quest and can't pick it up again, I couldn't put it in the appropriate "quest assistance" area, so I'm not sure it's going to be looked at.

I know there are a few achievements I can't get until I get these quests done, so I would really appreciate it if someone could help me with this issue!

Thank you for your time,
Merrien
  • Merrien
    Merrien
    ✭✭✭
    I did get a reply via email from your support. I'm going to try abandoning my other thieves guild quest and see if that enables the other to appear.

Thank you!
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    meet her back at the thieves guild again?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just for giggles, go back and retrace your foot steps for the Pre-REquisite, I don't think you have to start from the beginning, but see if those people are where they need to or should be (mostly your looking to talk to Velsa in her Villa)

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Cleaning_House

Once you do that, see if you can talk to Quen again.

Also, just thought of this, did you look in your inventory, both in the Misc and Quest sections to see any notes from Quen are there, if so, try using the note to read it.

Finally, one more thing to try is sometimes ZOS says to wait 15 minutes before trying a quest again that you had to drop.

Not sure if any of this will work, but something to try.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Merrien
    Merrien
    ✭✭✭
    I abandoned my "longest game" quest and sure enough, the note from quen appeared!

Thanks!