The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Console players got new update: what to expect in Cyro now?

REiiGN15
REiiGN15
✭✭✭
So PC has had this for a bit, what's the biggest things that changed for PC players that Console can now expect, concerning Cyrodiil?
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm expecting Zaan and Destro trains...
    xD
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm expecting bugs and long load times lol
  • Pijng
    Pijng
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone was talking about "hey new zaan/caluurion meta is coming" and in the end, meh – they're rarely seen in Cyro, at least in Sotha.
    The real biggest things that changed (IMO) – there are a lot more bomblades, ball groups now use Proxy (I think they used it before, but now every single person in ball cast it).
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag and lots of AOEs. You never had Miats, so you don't have to deal with the influx of snipers on PC, but expect plenty of bombers with the removal of AOE caps.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well we had a lovely weapon swap delay bug for the original dlc patch... hopefully they fixed that at least before submitting the patch.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pijng wrote: »
    Everyone was talking about "hey new zaan/caluurion meta is coming" and in the end, meh – they're rarely seen in Cyro, at least in Sotha.
    The real biggest things that changed (IMO) – there are a lot more bomblades, ball groups now use Proxy (I think they used it before, but now every single person in ball cast it).

Play some BGs, I'm sure you'll think otherwise. Everyone and their mother runs proc sets in BGs now, it's worse than when they were running viper.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »

Play some BGs, I'm sure you'll think otherwise. Everyone and their mother runs proc sets in BGs now, it's worse than when they were running viper.

This was not true on PC NA
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Nihility42
    Nihility42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Agree. I haven't seen that many proc sets. A lot of resource poisons in BGs though.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Another reason why I'd love for server transfers to become a thing...
    Edited by Subversus on February 27, 2018 5:47PM
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's actually been a lot more fun. I guess it may be because Miat's addon was gutted a bit on PC, but Cyrodiil in general just runs better. I guess the server isn't having to calculate the aoe damage reduction anymore.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think much will change though I am not looking forward to the immovable pot and 7th legion changes. Makes my build less effective.
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Well we had a lovely weapon swap delay bug for the original dlc patch... hopefully they fixed that at least before submitting the patch.

Nope! The beauty of ZOS and Xbox/Microsoft is that when there are bugs in the initial release we have to wait because there is a lead time with Microsoft approval before patches get released. This way we get to enjoy all the screwups until a new patch can get pushed through.....

Looking forward to weapon swap and medicinal use issues YAY!!!!!!
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only change I’m looking forward to is no aoe caps for open world , makes me actually want to run a 2-4 man rather than running around on the other side of the map by myself. No cp bgs aren't bad either.
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im on Xbox and I have noticed loading screens are much longer and there are so many audio issues. The UI for the outfit system is absolutely ugly and terrible.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Synergies are much cooler in pvp now. It was a pleasant surprise.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Synergies are much cooler in pvp now. It was a pleasant surprise.

yeah, those ball zergs can cleanse while spamming shields now.

I'm having a blast.

If we look at the positives, synergies are actually buffed.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on February 27, 2018 8:27PM
  • Pijng
    Pijng
    ✭✭✭

OP was asking about Cyro - I gave him my opinion about Cyro c: Dont know about BGs, I havent visited it yet.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Update is downloading now but I've been in Shor (PS4 NA) for the last 3-4 weeks and cannot get over the amount of bombing going in. Every time I die in a keep fight I'll see Eye of the storm followed by Vicious Death in my death recap.

I can only predict this will be worse with the removal of AOE damage restrictions.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    Update is downloading now but I've been in Shor (PS4 NA) for the last 3-4 weeks and cannot get over the amount of bombing going in. Every time I die in a keep fight I'll see Eye of the storm followed by Vicious Death in my death recap.

I can only predict this will be worse with the removal of AOE damage restrictions.

Just run earthgore and fight cancer with aids.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp